• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will employer hire locals

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am wondering whether if the immigration is restricting employments pass for foreigner, if it is so. Will local employers hired Singaporean? Since the employer already so get use to cheap and long hours labour, are they willing to hire local and pay them higher?

I am very sure if you pay peanuts you get monkey...If employers will to pay higher for local, I too very sure that Singaporean will work harder for them...

Discussion for employer and employee..

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. Because they make pirate port slave driver monies when they accept a foreigner. What you see on paper they get for their pay is a lie.
It is de facto deducted. You make money hiring foreign laborers before they even start work. So there is no incentive to hire locals.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you prefer an as if i owe you singaporean customer service staff or an friendly FTs customer service staff?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Discussion for employer and employee..

I used to hire Singaporeans but I've found that the majority of them are bloody useless.

I now stick to hiring foreigners and I'd continue to do so even if I had to pay the same wages that I pay a sinkie. Foreigners are so much more reliable.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Immigration Department should deport all the foreigners who have shown to hate sinkees like that pinoy working at Seagate and that Indian boy who wants to blow up MBS.

When employers don't have a choice, they will hire sinkees. I don't expect sinkee employers to be that dumb to give up on profit. There again, who knows?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to hire Singaporeans but I've found that the majority of them are bloody useless.

I now stick to hiring foreigners and I'd continue to do so even if I had to pay the same wages that I pay a sinkie. Foreigners are so much more reliable.

And nationals of which country is your top choice?

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't really agreed that Singaporean are that bad, it depend how the employer treat his/her employee. I see some companies where the employer is very understanding, the employee have been working for years. This prove that you cannot expect that employee to work hard for you if you don't treat them with respect ot otherwise.

Meaning previously you hired a foreigner, part of the reason is costing. ( cheap labour )

You really a loser, never reflex yourself whether is the your or the employee fault in is case. You cannot based on this conclusion unless you have facts to back you up....

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I don't really agreed that Singaporean are that bad, it depend how the employer treat his/her employee. I see some companies where the employer is very understanding, the employee have been working for years.

"Being Understanding" means different things to different people. To a Singaporean, an "understanding" boss is one that tolerates their laziness, their tardiness, their lack of initiative and their constant demands of more money for less work.

If I was an employee and I found that I could get away with being absolutely useless, I'd stay in that job for years too. In corporate terms, such employees are known as "deadwood".

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Being Understanding" means different things to different people. To a Singaporean, an "understanding" boss is one that tolerates their laziness, their tardiness, their lack of initiative and their constant demands of more money for less work.

If I was an employee and I found that I could get away with being absolutely useless, I'd stay in that job for years too. In corporate terms, such employees are known as "deadwood".

A summing that the employee bring in the money for the company whether he/she as you stated, does that matter to you? For example hitting the quota set by you, the employer, so whose fault it is.

As what you have stated that Singaporean are lazy, than the next question comes from in the older days where we do not have so much foreigners, where the growth come from? You mean the employers did the growth by themself? Doesn't make sense too....

Hmm......

Something just don't tally here...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
As what you have stated that Singaporean are lazy, than the next question comes from in the older days where we do not have so much foreigners, where the growth come from?

In the good old days, Singaporeans were a lot more hardworking. The current mollycoddled generation is absolutely useless.

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the good old days, Singaporeans were a lot more hardworking. The current mollycoddled generation is absolutely useless.

Than again another question, why aren't the employer hiring generation X since you say that this generation much more hard working. I see a lot of this generation X being lay off without a job, and now finding hard to get by..

I assuming you are referring to this generation... Because the country grow during this period..

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
All bros here two questions that need your frank views.

Will you all hire Sinkie women ? And your views on Sinkie women in current workforce in Singapore ??

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumb fuck short sighted opposition supporting retards. Employers are not hiring FT just because they are cheap. They are hiring FTs because they cannot find locals. It's a shortage problem. SMEs are desperate to hire locals just so they hit the local quota. A lot of locals I know are working for locals SMEs acting like Dua Pei Kongs leeching on their monthly pay. Bosses dare not sack them even when they contribute nothing to the company because they need to hit quota of local employees