• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Christian Converts convert back?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO you conversed with communist party members or wannabe showoffs.

I also see PRC burning joss paper along the streets during QingMing. And when seniors passed away, the PRC still use joss paper as pillow for the deceased. They still burn joss sticks for the deceased in the city and capital. I was there.... afew of my collegues parent passed away over the years... rituals in general all the same in different PRC cities. Some are party members:biggrin:

When I talk to my Chinese colleagues about religion,they show contempt on our behaviour by saying that people who have any religions or devils believe is someone equivalent to olden days illiterate peasant living in feudal time having superstitious believe.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read widely and not selectively:biggrin:

Islamic author Harun Yahya has nothing but condemnation as far as Buddhism is concerned. Here are some excerpts from his book 'Islam and Buddhism':

When we consider Buddhism's appearance, its scriptures, general beliefs, style of worship in the light of the Qur'an, we begin to see that its basic philosophy is founded on very deviant doctrines. Indeed, its worship contains strange practices leading its devotees to worship idols of stone and clay.

As a belief, Buddhism is contrary to logic and intelligence. Countries where it has been adopted have mixed it with their own idolatrous ideas, traditions and local customs, joining it with myths and deviant ideas until it has evolved into a totally godless philosophy.

When fused with Brahmanism, Hinduism, Shintoism and other idolatrous Eastern religions, Buddhism has assumed a much darker form. Those who adopt this religion not because they believe it, but because they're attracted by the "secrets" of the Far East or just to draw attention to themselves, should realize that Buddhism contains perverse doctrines that can lead them to deny God, associate handmade idols with Him and lead a life of superstition. To ignore Buddhism's mindless aspects and espouse it just to be trendy and go along with others will result in great loss.

Buddhism is not, as it is generally thought to be, a belief that brings contentment. On the contrary, those who are taken into Buddhism are often drawn into a deep pessimism. Even people with a considerable level of education and modern worldview will become individuals who see nothing wrong with begging with their bowls in hand, who believe that in their next lives, human beings may be reborn as mice or cattle, and who expect help from idols carved from stone or cast in bronze. For these people, Buddhism's deviant beliefs inflict serious psychological damage. In countries where Buddhism is widespread, or in regions inhabited by many Buddhist priests, pessimism and gloominess are clearly prominent.

One basic reason for this is the laziness and indolence that Buddhism inculcates in its adherents. Because it lacks any faith in an eternal afterlife, Buddhism does not urge its devotees to be better or develop themselves, to beautify their environment, or to advance culturally.

Buddhism enslaves its devotees in misty monasteries and forces them into a life of suffering and poverty. Strangely, it discourages good food, cleanliness, comfort-the blessings that God has created for human beings-accepts suffering as a virtue and advises its devotees to lead a miserable life.

Another dark aspect of Buddhism is its pessimism. The "nirvana" it promises to its believers is nothing less than a schizophrenic breaking of all connections with life by a melancholic mind that takes a dim view of the world.

A strong and healthy mind revolts against the morbid view that life is not worth living, that every form of conscious existence is an evil. Buddhism stands condemned by the voice of nature the dominant tone of which is hope and joy. It is a protest against nature for possessing the perfection of rational life. The highest ambition of Buddhism is to destroy that perfection by bringing all living beings to the unconscious repose of Nirvana.

Buddhism is guilty of a capital crime against nature, and in consequence does injustice to the individual. All legitimate desires must be repressed. Innocent recreations are condemned. The cultivation of music is forbidden. Researches in natural science are discountenanced. The development of the mind is limited to the memorizing of Buddhist texts and the study of Buddhist metaphysics, only a minimum of which is of any value. The Buddhist ideal on earth is a state of passive indifference to everything.

The proliferation of statues of Buddha in countries where it is the dominant religion, and the eyes of Buddha painted on every temple all bear witness to Buddhists' deviant belief that Buddha sees them at every moment with his eyes made of stone or wood, and hears them with his wooden ears. In this, they are acting contrary to intelligence and committing a grave sin.

Buddha was a powerless servant whom God created and tested in this world; he had no ability or will of his own to influence people.

Buddhism is a false religion founded on idoltry. Buddhists priests who grow up with these beliefs spend their lives worshipping Buddha.

An Oppressive, Enslaving Religion: Buddhism's attempt to nullify all human desires is another aspect of its narrow philosophy.

Those who believe in idolatrous religious like Buddhism should realize that they have been misguided.

This picture shows Buddha and his followers, bowls in their hands, accepting offerings. These irrational Buddhist traditions continue today. Those who fall into Buddhist perversity, are obliged to beg, even though they have no need, and be humiliated. Instead of working for a living, Buddhism leads people into laziness and indolence, condemning them to primitive living conditions.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The theory of Buddhism may not be written like fairytales,but at least on the surface Buddhism preaches accomodating and forgiving which is what the World needs most at this point of time!

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for imagination sake,what if China were able to dominate the world economically and culturally and take over the place of Hollywood with their own version for future decades,and influence the world with their soft power just like the West had done for centuries,do you think our local Christian will convert back to their borned to be Buddhist or Taoist religions?

To me those local Christian converts are mostly converting due to worshipping Western soft power/culture in this contemporary time.They simply are easily overwhelmed and influenced by a nice packaging culture and believe!Just like you normally see in a Hollywood movie where a young naive kid is easily influenced and overwhelmed by a stronger opponent to join a cause!

Are our Singaporean so weak in self confident?

You are obviously a frog in a well, some idiot who studied and stayed in this little red dot all your wretched life, never having ever stepped out. Definitely someone who graduated from one of those stupids NUS, NTU or SMU.

The Chinese people do not subscribe to either Taoism or Buddhism since they turned communist. Temples were long torched and demolished.

You need to get the fuck out of the island and discover the universe.

You also obviously don't know that the brand of Buddhism and Taoism subscribed by most Singaporeans and other adherents in SE Asia are no longer in close infidelity to the original tenets of both 'religions', but is a watered down version bastardised by the immigrant forefathers of Nanyang when they mixed it with folklores and other native rituals. You go to China and see if they have seventh month getai lah. Idiot.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are obviously a frog in a well, some idiot who studied and stayed in this little red dot all your wretched life, never having ever stepped out. Definitely someone who graduated from one of those stupids NUS, NTU or SMU.

The Chinese people do not subscribe to either Taoism or Buddhism since they turned communist. Temples were long torched and demolished.

You need to get the fuck out of the island and discover the universe.

You also obviously don't know that the brand of Buddhism and Taoism subscribed by most Singaporeans and other adherents in SE Asia are no longer in close infidelity to the original tenets of both 'religions', but is a watered down version bastardised by the immigrant forefathers of Nanyang when they mixed it with folklores and other native rituals. You go to China and see if they have seventh month getai lah. Idiot.

Sis,why scold me behind a computer?I wonder if you have the guts to f**k me face to face?We are just having discussion airing different views .

But Sis,I do agree with you that China is not crazy like singkees about religion.I travel to China every 2 times a month!When I talk to them about seven month,they chided me that nowsaday nobody believes in gods or devils,only illiterate peasants living in old feudal society did.

But,we all know that Western Culture is inevitably intertwined with Christianity and Chinese Culture is also very much intertwined with Taoism and Buddhism. When people ridicule their borned to be religion and jump the boat to Christianity,they are actually downgrading their family and 5000 years of Chinese culture.Our Culture at this contemporary time is indeed not so sophisticated,but this is ours and we have to help it but not forsake it to die.

I also totally agree with you as well our immigrant forefathers mixed it with folklores and other native rituals.But why not those converts spend their efforts and intelligent to Modify,Simplify and Modernise their own borned to be religions instead of glorifying a Foreign religion/Cultures?

Pls dont scold me again behind a computer,if you really want to ,meet me personally face to face and do it.Cheers