• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Amos Sue?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The case is now in the open and the courts will have to decide and take the legal process. If I were Amos's father or elder relative, I'd physically confront this toad and to get even for hitting a boy, smaller than him. As an adult now, I have to go by the law, but back when I was Amos's age, I'd have my "gang" take care of this bugger.

Cheers!

hahaha..I can sense that you have a good sense of fair play and justice.

But nowadays we can go around slapping people who slapped our child. To teach him a lesson, the correct way is to take court action when he has pleaded guilty.

Since Neo has taunted Amos to sue him, I hope Amos obliges him and agrees to dance with Neo

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The case is now in the open and the courts will have to decide and take the legal process. If I were Amos's father or elder relative, I'd physically confront this toad and to get even for hitting a boy, smaller than him. As an adult now, I have to go by the law, but back when I was Amos's age, I'd have my "gang" take care of this bugger.

Cheers!

if this hum chee slap any of my ginna kia, his hand will be chop off and throw inside the poon sot tang :biggrin:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, i don't think Amos will sue...Keep it cool and make PAP look bad..

i am going to prepare champagne celebration for this coming election to witness the downfall of PAP... this year 2015 is a very cool year.

Being forgiving is good and noble. But for the sake of Singaporeans, I hope Amos will sue Neo

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a total blackout of news until moments before he was brought to the court to answer charges.

Presumably to keep away citizen reporters from attending the event and subsequently giving the social media a thorough and truthful update.

Where was Neo all this while ? On police bail ? How much was the bail ?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a total blackout of news until moments before he was brought to the court to answer charges.

Presumably to keep away citizen reporters from attending the event and subsequently giving the social media a thorough and truthful update.

Where was Neo all this while ? On police bail ? How much was the bail ?

It wld be very embarrassing for the pap, AGC and SPF if Singaporeans know that Neo was not brought into Court in cuffs and shackles and prisoner uniform unlike what they did to Amos.

I wish someone cld let social media and Singaporeans know whether he was shackled like Amos.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To teach other and give an education to others without the other party requesting for it , is a total sinkie behaviour!!!

i am right again, all sinkie losers are draft PAP supporters...

Neo said in mitigation in Court that he wanted to teach Amos a lesson so he gave Amos a slap. I see that as a stupid mitigation plea and that wld work againts him. Neo has no right to take the law into his own hands nor shd he impose his opinion on Amos.

So the Court must punish him more for his silly reasoning

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now that Neo Gim Huah has pleaded guilty to assault, will Amos sue him and get some compensation?

I hope Amos does so as to teach lawless people and some pap supporters a lesson not to take the law into their own hands

Neo has been given a jail sentence this afternoon! So shd Amos sue him?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"SINGAPORE - A self-employed man was sentenced to three weeks in jail on Monday for slapping teenage blogger Amos Yee outside the State Courts last month.

Neo Gim Huah, 49, was charged in court on Monday. He was not represented and gave a long mitigation plea in Chinese, explaining why he did it. He told the court earlier he wanted to teach Yee a lesson.

Neo, who runs his own air-conditioning and electrical engineering business, said he had taken offence at portions of the video posted online by Yee which he found disrespectful to Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.

He closely monitored the case and intended to confront and slap the blogger before his first two court appearances as he felt that the teenager's actions had portrayed Singapore in a negative light.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Winston Man said Neo initially restrained himself and did not confront Yee until his third court appearance on April 30 when he realised the teenager had flouted his bail conditions.

Neo also believed that it would be difficult for the criminal justice system to deal effectively with Yee because of his age.

On the afternoon of April 30, he waited at the State Courts for Yee to arrive. He knew the media was present when he slapped the blogger, and deliberately committed the offence as he wanted the assault to be publicised "so that the world at large would know that the victim was being taught a lesson''.

Neo was arrested at about 2am the next day.

Arguing for a sentence of two weeks' jail, DPP Man said Neo's offence was pre-meditated and featured a strong element of vigilantism, which undermined law enforcement mechanisms and the criminal justice system.

"Public confidence in law enforcement mechanics and the criminal justice system will also be eroded if there is a widespread perception that it is acceptable to take the law into one's own hands and resort to violence in order to address a perceived injustice,'' he said.

Neo said in his mitigation letter that Yee had been disrespectful to Singapore's founding father and insulted him, making all of Mr Lee's contributions "worthless''.

He said Yee, whom he described as a "clever child'', had let everyone down.

"What I feel is what everybody is feeling," he said.

Slapping him would instil fear in the teenager, let him know what the ways of the world are and teach him a lesson, Neo said.

He said he knew it was wrong to slap Yee but could not control himself.

He could be jailed for up to two years and/or fined up to $5,000.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...os-yee-sentencing-will-b#sthash.2e1bpATQ.dpuf