• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wikileaks - Don't be hung up.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys Don't be hung up on these. They are generally State Department comms to show that they are doing work. It's not even 3rd grade classified stuff. There is no Intelligence traffic. This forum has more classified stuff such as Mahathir's occasional catch-up with his medical faculty buddies while staying with his buddy at a Clementi Condo and not to mention his Chinese girlfriend in tow. Salespeople do this all the time. They have to list all their potential client meetings on a monthly basis. Imagine reporting to the state department about things that everyone knows. They put the names of contacts to add credibility.

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys Don't be hung up on these. They are generally State Department comms to show that they are doing work. It's not even 3rd grade classified stuff. There is no Intelligence traffic. This forum has more classified stuff such as Mahathir's occasional catch-up with his medical faculty buddies while staying with his buddy at a Clementi Condo and not to mention his Chinese girlfriend in tow. Salespeople do this all the time. They have to list all their potential client meetings on a monthly basis. Imagine reporting to the state department about things that everyone knows. They put the names of contacts to add credibility.

I am shocked by the amateur nature of these "classified" reports. Looks like they just read some online chatter, whats covered in MSM , call up their khakis for drinks and faithfully compile a 'report or update' what they have been doing to justify the money they probably spent on KTV gals and 'hired models',SQ gals and SPGs that throng their events.

No wonder they attacked IRAQ with 'solid evidence'...

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True, we don't need to be too hung up on these Wikileaks. There is nothing that we don't really know; these are just better articulated, that's all.
Nonetheless, it is good to know that some of the 'noises' are being forwarded, and then having 'official endorsements' of what we have been feelng - that LHL is at best a reluctant leader, at worst, he made a mess of it, and there is no real 'suck-seeder' in view.

Each election, they tell us is critical. Each election, we are looking for the another-another generation of leaders. What have we got? Vivian Balankrishnan, Raymond Lim, George Yeo of the previous batch. What we ended up were Shit Face Lui and Ghost Month Auctioneer Teo Ser Luck. And the current batch? The two toy soldiers. Future does not look very bright, does it?

Checker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The American's condescending tone about Singapore capabilities eg security, technological competence is also quite apparent.

No surprise, but their interest in talking with the leadership is mainly to add to their database about China, DPRK, Iran. And to presure Singapore to act on their intel intercept ships, money etc.

Peripheral interest in Singapore politics, with mainly negative comments of everyone. (Not that inaccurate though).

But seems Singaporeans are very welcoming and friendly to them. Facinating that they even say their scientists, when recruited by Singapore, are not only given big pay and perks, their grant proposals are even drafted for them to save them time, so they can get even more money to fund their research.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell you about these clowns. Singapore and SEA is considered soft postings and their families love it hear. They are not about to jeopardise their soft posting by interfering with local politics or gather hardcore intelligence lest they are made persona non grate and can't step in to Singapore forever. But they have to do something about it. So they will organise meetings at expensive hotels, order the best meal and have their chat with various personalities that are not considered material. Then they adjourn to the cigar room order the best Cuban and whiskey and talk cock.

Notice no mention of the marxist conspiracy chaps in the cables so far. You talk to them and it's becomes a serious matter. It's common knowledge that some of the marxists conspiracy chaps have approached the US, UK and OZ Govt for help and asylum. The foreign embassy chaps only met them after getting clearance from the local authorities with telling the Marxist conspiracy chaps.

Edgar, Tang and Seow were smarter, they know the chaps in the embassies do not want to jeopardise their soft postings with the exception of Hank so they took off and ask for asylum once they got there. This kind of communication is no different to email from companies that are sent out where at the bottom, they consider it confidential and its is stated as confidential etc but it may contain a staff seeking a quote to fix a water cooler in the office.

I am shocked by the amateur nature of these "classified" reports. Looks like they just read some online chatter, whats covered in MSM , call up their khakis for drinks and faithfully compile a 'report or update' what they have been doing to justify the money they probably spent on KTV gals and 'hired models',SQ gals and SPGs that throng their events. No wonder they attacked IRAQ with 'solid evidence'...

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. Sometimes you come across mails that gives the perception that we live in tree houses. We ourselves do no favours by our conduct. The American Club membership fees for locals is sky high but for all Americans and Canadians it is bloody cheap. We fund their club activities. Naturally they think we are so dumb.

I always wondered why Singaporeans join British, Swiss and Holandse Club etc. Ask them and they give all kind of stories. The most common excuses are near my house, use gym, cheap etc. I understand SPGs joining and they have a purpose but male Singapoans I have no idea. I know a chap who joined the British Club and he told me because he was educated in the UK. I told him that thousands of Singaporeans have been educated in the UK from nurses, hairdressers, beauticians, to lawyers and doctors but I don't see them join the British Club. You should see his face. Can you imagine what the Ang Mos think of us.

The American's condescending tone about Singapore capabilities eg security, technological competence is also quite apparent. No surprise, but their interest in talking with the leadership is mainly to add to their database about China, DPRK, Iran. And to presure Singapore to act on their intel intercept ships, money etc. Peripheral interest in Singapore politics, with mainly negative comments of everyone. (Not that inaccurate though).But seems Singaporeans are very welcoming and friendly to them. Facinating that they even say their scientists, when recruited by Singapore, are not only given big pay and perks, their grant proposals are even drafted for them to save them time, so they can get even more money to fund their research.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. Sometimes you come across mails that gives the perception that we live in tree houses. We ourselves do no favours by our conduct. The American Club membership fees for locals is sky high but for all Americans and Canadians it is bloody cheap. We fund their club activities. Naturally they think we are so dumb.

I always wondered why Singaporeans join British, Swiss and Holandse Club etc. Ask them and they give all kind of stories. The most common excuses are near my house, use gym, cheap etc. I understand SPGs joining and they have a purpose but male Singapoans I have no idea. I know a chap who joined the British Club and he told me because he was educated in the UK. I told him that thousands of Singaporeans have been educated in the UK from nurses, hairdressers, beauticians, to lawyers and doctors but I don't see them join the British Club. You should see his face. Can you imagine what the Ang Mos think of us.

That's his version of globalisation

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
hv u watched "the tailor of panama"?...great film where an english tailor based in panama has delusions of grandeur n ironically fools both mi6 n cia...nowadays though it is more like life imitating art...

I am shocked by the amateur nature of these "classified" reports. Looks like they just read some online chatter, whats covered in MSM , call up their khakis for drinks and faithfully compile a 'report or update' what they have been doing to justify the money they probably spent on KTV gals and 'hired models',SQ gals and SPGs that throng their events.

No wonder they attacked IRAQ with 'solid evidence'...

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to think of it, the "secret" documents seem so low key, I wonder if these "traffic" is created to fool our own intelligence departments that may actually be hacking or eavesdropping into the embassies here. If our intelligence departments come out and say, "no, we don't do such things", then its confirmed...we are more amateurish then them in our own country!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food is always a great excuse. Not sure if you are aware of a private lunch dining place frequented by selected execs and lawyers in Spottiswoode Park about 20 years back. Serious food for serious aficionados - best Indian cuisine. Must be referred and be part of a group. Memories.

british club's naan & vindaloo damn solid...hollandaise club ham pea soup v the delicious:smile:)

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to think of it, the "secret" documents seem so low key, I wonder if these "traffic" is created to fool our own intelligence departments that may actually be hacking or eavesdropping into the embassies here. If our intelligence departments come out and say, "no, we don't do such things", then its confirmed...we are more amateurish then them in our own country!

Hacking is part and parcel of each other's work.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell you about these clowns. Singapore and SEA is considered soft postings and their families love it hear. They are not about to jeopardise their soft posting by interfering with local politics or gather hardcore intelligence lest they are made persona non grate and can't step in to Singapore forever. But they have to do something about it. So they will organise meetings at expensive hotels, order the best meal and have their chat with various personalities that are not considered material. Then they adjourn to the cigar room order the best Cuban and whiskey and talk cock.

the guys at the us embassy are now worried nobody would talk to them now after the so-called leaks and their soft posting has become precarious. quite a few so-called local contacts from the opposition to mid-level government people were named in the comms. no contacts would like their name public for all to see, and they would avoid us diplomats for some time.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
the guys at the us embassy are now worried nobody would talk to them now after the so-called leaks and their soft posting has become precarious. quite a few so-called local contacts from the opposition to mid-level government people were named in the comms. no contacts would like their name public for all to see, and they would avoid us diplomats for some time.

Times have changed since the E. Mason Hendrikson affair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_–_United_States_relations#Hendrickson_affair

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh yes had lunch there afew times over the yrs...think it was only on selective day in the week...also may hv involved a mary gomes if i am not mistaken??...
Not sure if you are aware of a private lunch dining place frequented by selected execs and lawyers in Spottiswoode Park about 20 years back. Serious food for serious aficionados - best Indian cuisine. Must be referred and be part of a group. Memories.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wikileaks have got LKY and Yaacob scrambling and mumbling to defend themselves and making themselves look silly. Priceless enough.