• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wijeysingha to deliver SDP's Alternative Budget 2011

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP need to show they know how to run a SMC before talk about National Budget. The general public would not be impressed. In fact, they would wonder if SDP is trying to act smart or what.

I'm very impressed by how pretentious and destructive they can get.

Sorry to borrow a forummer's nick, thick skin black heart is how I desecribe SDP. :oIo:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I waiting for them to propose reduce SAF budget to 3% of GDP or put a cap on the 6% peg. Then PAP will really come after them!

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about SDP is making my blood boil more than NSP. At least NSP are idiots and megalomaniacs. CSJ is no megalmaniac or idiot, he's just perfunctionally and purposefully destructive or disruptive to the country, to the extend of of his agenda, i.e. lose elections and make noise. Why's he doing that should also be clear to people with clear minds, ears and eyes. His backers want to maintain certain activist presence in Singapore.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Sinkies will form the impression that opps are childish and incompetent."

become

"opps are childish and incompetent"

Good try, btw where were you trained to edit like this har?:biggrin:

I think there are more qualified candiadates than Dr Chee lah,open yr eyes.

Regardless all of them have my support!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about SDP is making my blood boil more than NSP. At least NSP are idiots and megalomaniacs. CSJ is no megalmaniac or idiot, he's just perfunctionally and purposefully destructive or disruptive to the country, to the extend of of his agenda, i.e. lose elections and make noise. Why's he doing that should also be clear to people with clear minds, ears and eyes. His backers want to maintain certain activist presence in Singapore.

This is it!!!

I shall spread the message and tell people to vote against SDP.

If there is going to be a record number of spolit vote, so be it, but SDP should get lesser votes than spolit ones.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His backers want to maintain certain activist presence in Singapore.

Give you a valuable tip - CSJ is a patriotic S'porean. Do not judge him by his overt action, speeches and nonsense. He has to do this for the 'security interest' of our kampong. Go figure it out.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Sinkies will form the impression that opps are childish and incompetent."

become

Good try, btw where were you trained to edit like this har?:biggrin:
Oh,not yr intention,then beri sorry,I dont intent to distort,probaly my English still out-sorry,basically u are mine type as u would vote against PAP except SDP which is OK,I do not critic those who vote against PAP,only those who call DADDY,PAPA! Any one who votes against PAP is my friend

I reproduce the original below:

Originally Posted by Unrepented
This attempt will help tarnish the image of all opps parties in the mind of sinkies and alienate the voters.

Pappy will have a field day wacking the budget left right center. Sinkies will form the impression that opps are childish and incompetent. Given the risk adversion of sinkies, its bye bye to all opps at least for the foreseeable future.

Before learn the fly, for starters just try telling the voters.... how much is the worth of our financial resources as quoted in your writeup? Do you know what are the components etc etc.?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are goodies all right -- for the MNCs. The working poor and the lower-middle income class? Can forget it.

SDP has to point out where the budget is defective. As I recall even Chiam and Low also criticized the budget in previous years for failing in certain respects.

Must always keep the criticism on PAP and not let them get away with painting the budget as something Godsend.

I remember one thing criticized by opposition was job credits. Another time, the NSS/ERS was criticized as election bribes.

However that is different from criticizing the whole budget and having an alternative budget. If you are going to pick on certain aspects, that is not "alternative". If you want to give MNCs nothing, people would say yours is populist.

Governments tend to be less popular. There is no need to do a government's job especially when you are even less popular.

There are a lot more problems with doing something like this, but for now maybe cut the talk first and let's see what SDP can come up with.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
How? Critic the exisiting budget to prove that it is a financial plan for pappies and not for singapore lor:biggrin:

Jokes aside, in order to give their alternative financial plan for singapore a certain level of credibility, hope ssdp can tell the readers what is the actual worth of our financial resources, its components etc. (something that our late P; Mr Ong TC was trying to find out) which forms the basis of the plan and projections. And pass the scrutiny of the average ah beng and ah seng in the finance industry.

If they can do so, I support also:smile:

"An alternative budget is needed to show the people how our national problems can be addressed through proper prioritization of our needs and prudent allocation of our financial resources."

Yes,PAP has a financial plan for PAP but not Singapore,so how???

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
How? Critic the exisiting budget to prove that it is a financial plan for pappies and not for singapore lor:biggrin:

Jokes aside, in order to give their alternative financial plan for singapore a certain level of credibility, hope ssdp can tell the readers what is the actual worth of our financial resources, its components etc. (something that our late P; Mr Ong TC was trying to find out) which forms the basis of the plan and projections. And pass the scrutiny of the average ah beng and ah seng in the finance industry.

If they can do so, I support also:smile:

"An alternative budget is needed to show the people how our national problems can be addressed through proper prioritization of our needs and prudent allocation of our financial resources."
No need to critic one,u know why,this is the first time in whole his life he felt that the masses are not with him,(MM LKY)That is enough for me liao,BTW,I am lazy but only talk about PAP because kena too long and cannot tahan anymore

Ask me to do work,I probably run road first

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP is naughty !

SDP will present its alternative budget just before the Government releases its own budget. Any similarities the PAP will be seen as 'copying' SDP's budget. Any difference, PAP will not have enough time to amend its own budget.

I can really see an invisible hand molding the SDP; they must have been receiving some serious coaching from some foreign experts. Now they seem to be ahead in almost every move.
Ang Mohs.pl so not be so sure,most of the Ang Mohs,wheter fr the left or right,know not head fr tail about Singapore.

One has to depend on himself and his own people,that is the only way,do not fall for LKY crude method-run to Ang Mohs at the first sight of troubles,except Medical & technology,I have nothing to say.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to critic one,u know why,this is the first time in whole his life he felt that the masses are not with him,(MM LKY)That is enough for me liao,BTW,I am lazy but only talk about PAP because kena too long and cannot tahan anymore

Ask me to do work,I probably run road first
Dear Unrepented ,

"actual worth of our financial resources, its components etc. (something that our late P; Mr Ong TC was trying to find out) which forms the basis of the plan and projections. And pass the scrutiny of the average ah beng and ah seng in the finance industry"

It can be done lah,I know many fellas in Singapore who can do this based on estimation,the facts are here & there,every where

But it is really not pressing,we must please the Ah Bengs & Ah Lians first lah,intellectuals,you cannt win even with their support.

Of course to run a country properly,those are important,but basically that is only a dream for some of our politicians.Never say never,but definitely a very long,long way to go

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if SDP knows how to run budget, then there won't be an appeal for donation to free chee. and if chee knows anything about budget, then he shouldn't be a bankrupt.

all SDP's action points to one thing and proving it:

SDP KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUDGET

just like their words. it's purely words without the practicality. everyone also knows how to talk big which is different when come to doing big and doing real good that would effectively improve living of most singaporeans.

FUCK SDP

Alfrescian
Loyal
$20k also need poor public to donate, now want to teach government about budget! what a fucking joke!:oIo:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
$20k also need poor public to donate, now want to teach government about budget! what a fucking joke!:oIo:
This's good leh,it means SDP alos know some wayang,you cant be the power in Spore if u know not how to WAYANG

It is a good start SDP.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
The donation drive is all a wayang. They already have the funds and timed it to gradually to donate to themselves up to the dateline. Then claim and thank "public" support.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP should stand for Stupid Dumb Party.

Any idiot can just take reference from existing budget and give better improvements on it and show it to be a better alternative budget.

If SDP is ruling party, and WP says it wants to deliver an alternative budget which is better, it would look stupid too.

SDP just wants to tell everyone, they are better. I must admit, they are really better in giving funny and stupid ideas:biggrin: