• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WICKED the musical

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
wicked Nagoya boot in takashimaya Nagoya JR station

wicked boot at takashimaya Nagoya JR station. notice there are no red barrier like the one in singapore.

110922wic02.jpg

110922wic03.jpg

110922wic01.jpg

Radio station AICHI will brocast wicked special from 3-7 daily until 23 sept

「ジェイアール名古屋タカシマヤ×FM AICHI×劇団四季 WICKED BOOTH」 詳細
□期間 : 9月19日(月・祝)~23日(金・祝) 

□時間 : 10:00~20:00

□会場 : ジェイアール名古屋タカシマヤ 6階ローズパティオ

□FM AICHI公開生放送時間 : 15:00~17:50(23日のみ15:00~19:00)

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nagoya opening night

110925wic02.jpg

110925wic01.jpg

110925wic03.jpg

Talk about singapore wicked being sub standard, Is anyone thinks that elphaba is too FAT???????

You know i dun think i would want to see the play in Nagoya.

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wicked westend London

Monday 26 September 2011 13:00:00 GMT
WEST END SENSATION WICKED CELEBRATES LANDMARK 5TH BIRTHDAY - TUESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2011
WICKED,, the smash hit musical that tells the untold story of the Witches of Oz, will celebrate its landmark 5th birthday on Tuesday 27 September 2011 at London's Apollo Victoria Theatre.

Acclaimed as "a phenomenon" (Sky News) and "the biggest thing in musicals since The Phantom of the Opera opened" (The Times), WICKED has become one of the West End's most popular and successful musicals of all time, breaking countless Box Office records and winning multiple awards since its West End premiere in 2006. Amongst the production's many notable accomplishments are:
Grossing an incredible £145 million at the UK Box Office to date.
Being the first, and so far only, West End show to gross over £1 million in a single week - taking £1,002,885 during w/c 27 December 2010.
Sustaining unprecedented year-on-year financial growth at the Box Office. The show is currently £2 million up on the same period in 2010.
Playing over 2000 performances, with standing ovations at every performance, and attracting almost 4 million theatregoers to date. The 4 millionth theatregoer is currently forecast to attend in November 2011.
Being twice voted by theatregoers as London's 'Best West End Show' (Whatsonstage.com Awards in 2011 and 2010) and winner of the 2010 Oliver Audience Award for 'Most Popular Show'.
Now being one of the 10 longest running musicals currently playing in the West End and one of the 20 longest running West End musicals of all time.
Developing ongoing relationships with national charities (including The Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation, The Woodland Trust, St John Ambulance and Mousetrap Theatre Projects) through its FOR GOOD programme, which champions and supports a range of causes born out of the themes of the show. The musical also created the WICKED Young Writers' Award in 2010, chaired by author Michael Morpurgo with patronage from HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.

UK Executive Producer Michael McCabe commented: "This is an incredible landmark for all of us involved in Wicked and we couldn't be more delighted to have become such a popular, long-running hit. We are also proud that our continued success has enabled us to support so many charitable projects though our on-going 'For Good' programme. Our heartfelt thanks go to every single person who is part of this extraordinary production and to the millions of theatregoers who have been so supportive of the show since our very first performance five years ago."

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Wicked westend London

2A6ADBD6B-B026-E205-D34E6FA4E99E94D6.jpg

WICKED premiered on 27 September 2006 (with previews from 7 September) in one of the busiest ever years for West End musical openings. Avenue Q; Cabaret; Caroline, or Change; Daddy Cool; Dirty Dancing; Evita; Porgy and Bess; Monty Python's Spamalot; The Sound of Music and Sunday in The Park with George also all opened that year. With the 9 July 2011 closure of Dirty Dancing, WICKED has outlasted all of these shows and its popularity is greater than ever.

WICKED is now the 9th longest-running musical currently playing in the West End alongside Les Miserables (1), The Phantom of the Opera (2), Blood Brothers (3), Chicago* (4), Mamma Mia! (5), Disney's The Lion King (6), We Will Rock You (7) and Billy Elliot (8). *currently on hiatus.

WICKED is also now the 18th longest-running West End musical of all time, alongside Les Misérables (1), The Phantom of the Opera (2), Blood Brothers (3), Cats (4), Starlight Express (5), Chicago* (6), Buddy (7), Mamma Mia! (8), Disney's The Lion King (9), The Black & White Minstrel Show (10), Miss Saigon (11), Jesus Christ Superstar (original production) (12), Me & My Girl (revival) (13), We Will Rock You (14), Evita (original production) (15), Oliver! (original production) (16) and Billy Elliot (17). *currently on hiatus.

Based on the acclaimed novel by Gregory Maguire that re-imagined the stories and characters created by L. Frank Baum in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, WICKED tells the incredible untold story of an unlikely but profound friendship between two girls who first meet as sorcery students. Their extraordinary adventures in Oz will ultimately see them fulfil their destinies as Glinda The Good and the Wicked Witch of the West.

WICKED has music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, book by Winnie Holzman, scenic design by Eugene Lee, costumes by Susan Hilferty, lighting by Kenneth Posner, sound by Tony Meola, orchestrations by William David Brohn, musical staging by Wayne Cilento and is directed by Joe Mantello.

WICKED is presented in London by: Marc Platt, Universal Pictures Stage Productions, The Araca Group, Jon B. Platt and David Stone. Executive Producer: Michael McCabe.

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO NO NO i want rachel and louise when i fly to london again. no no no

More news about how Wicked is celebrating its 5th year in London.

I cannot confirm any details but have been informed from a source of the following:

"Rachel Tucker keeps tweeting about some Wicked news and basically, it is that her and Louise are having a 3 week break in their contracts towards september/october time and for these 3 weeks they are going to be bringing the 'famous' elphies to celebrate the 5th year in London.

So far they have contracted Alexia Khadime, Ashleigh Gray, Julia Murney, Eden Espinosa and Stephanie J Block to perform special shows, along with Dianne Pilkington, Sarah Earnshaw, Annaleigh Ashford, Megan Hilty, Kate Reinders and Kendra Kassebaum to appear as Glinda."

Are you excited to see so many Elphabas and Glindas return to the London stage?

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw Wicked the musical at the Apollo Victoria Theatre when I was in London earlier this year - incredible! I love it, definitely my favourite musical.

oh hi, tell me if you are going to see the Australian cast in Singapore?? So, to compare the London westend vs Singapore southend.
Also may i know who are the casts when you watch the show? Rachel Tucker and Louise Dearman??? or somebody else.

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;JhwkojrAVUk]http://youtu.be/JhwkojrAVUk[/video]

ah this is singapore wicked - australian standard wicked.

save your money lah.