• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why White paper? Why can't PAP just import foreigners quietly as it did since 2006?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Why White paper? Why can't PAP just import foreigners quietly as it did since 200

dunno why, suddenly i dun mind more foreigners if more foreigners can make the selfish singaporean to turn against pap. when hougang and PP was the only opposition held wards, nobody care that we are marginglised by the pap policies. now it only when foreigners fire burn their eyebows then they come out to make noise. i had a great time laughing at relatives, who are known pap supporters, who complain kenna bully foreigners colleagues. wahahaha.... next year no need to go visit them liao because they view me as rude. it ok, i save money. hehe...

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why White paper? Why can't PAP just import foreigners quietly as it did since 200

they did it in stealth mode for years till recently; dumb retards sinkies keep asking for more till their arse were bleeding

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With this argument, presumably there is a lot of unemployment in Hougang, Aljunied and Punggol East?
sharp eyed retort fook seng, well rebutted!

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

The complete picture is more like this.

Because of past policy failures, the PAP needs GDP growth of 5% to 8% to cover up the various holes. This is only possible with an annual population increase of 120k to 150k per year. This translates to a population of 7.5 million to 8.0 milllion in 2030.

Ever since GE2011, there worrying signs that Singaporeans would not accept a continuation of the FT policy. There was ample feedback from the ground that Singaporeans wanted a large drop in immigration. NPTD was therefore tasked to determine what was the threshold the majority of Singaporeans were prepared to accept.

Instead of conducting the research properly, NPTD picked what can only be described as biased samples. The DPM, Ministers and other PAP notables were exposed to these samples and came away with the misconception that the majority of Singaporeans were OK with their policy. The increasingly frequent flare ups were dismissed as noise.

After 1 year, they became confident enough to publish what they then thought would be a White Paper that would be widely accepted. As an additional safeguard, the decision was made to publish an artifically low number of 6.9 million while internally pursuing a policy that would lead to a population of 7.5 to 8.0 million by 2030.

You should have seen the look on their faces after the White Paper was released.

There are these questions that still baffle me:
(1) Why can't PAP just mass import foreigners quietly as it did since the 2006 election?
(2) Why must PAP "pass" the White Paper in Parliament (as stir so much resentment) now?
(3) Was it the mass import from 2006 to 2011 "illegal" or "irregular" because it did not pass through Parliament?
(4) Was the passing of the White Paper a prerequisite to something in the PAP's bigger plan?

Anyone has any idea?

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal

The complete picture is more like this...........

You should have seen the look on their faces after the White Paper was released.

Now that the pap govt realised that this paper is not popular, do you think they will retract the paper? Or maybe lower the 6.9mil figure? If they were to go ahead with this figure, they might lose a few more seats in the next GE.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because of past policy failures, the PAP needs GDP growth of 5% to 8% to cover up the various holes. This is only possible with an annual population increase of 120k to 150k per year. This translates to a population of 7.5 million to 8.0 milllion in 2030.

Ever since GE2011, there worrying signs that Singaporeans would not accept a continuation of the FT policy. There was ample feedback from the ground that Singaporeans wanted a large drop in immigration. NPTD was therefore tasked to determine what was the threshold the majority of Singaporeans were prepared to accept.

Instead of conducting the research properly, NPTD picked what can only be described as biased samples. The DPM, Ministers and other PAP notables were exposed to these samples and came away with the misconception that the majority of Singaporeans were OK with their policy. The increasingly frequent flare ups were dismissed as noise.

After 1 year, they became confident enough to publish what they then thought would be a White Paper that would be widely accepted. As an additional safeguard, the decision was made to publish an artifically low number of 6.9 million while internally pursuing a policy that would lead to a population of 7.5 to 8.0 million by 2030.

There was a comment at the protest on 16 February 2013 that there should be a "Green Paper" even before the White Paper could be presented, but PAP had skipped this step. Is that so?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_paper

... a green paper is a tentative government report and consultation document of policy proposals for debate and discussion,without any commitment to action; the first step in changing the law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_paper

A white paper is an authoritative report or guide helping readers to understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.

The PAP have never offered a green paper to Singaporeans. The quality of their most recent white paper is something like this

30062011258.jpg

There was a comment at the protest on 16 February 2013 that there should be a "Green Paper" even before the White Paper could be presented, but PAP had skipped this step. Is that so?

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal

I come from behind and wack you is better than I tell you I going to wack, you better prepare ok and then I come and wack you.

Which one better bro?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Exactly my thinking when I said, the PAP was doing it under duress because there was actually no need to put up a White Paper if it was just infrastructure development for the next 17 years. Who will object to a more extensive rail network? Population seems to be the only way out for them or just continue to rob the reserves.