• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why there will be no election this year......

Mystic Law

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) No new PAP candidates have been gradually introduced to be groomed and parachuted into the GRC.

2) Our economy is getting worse and worse with each passing day. Our port is almost at a standstill. SIA is grounding flights, cutting frequencies of flights...et al...Even the food industry will be hit as hawkers jack up their prices and inflation rises.The worst is yet to come.

3)Our stock market STI index is going south with each passing day. It's new level of support is anybody's guess. It could be 600.

4) The scums-in-white are busy fire-fighting as the economy spins out of control. The loss of about $100 billion in our reserves is well publicised in the English media. I hope the Chinese media is doing the same in disseminating this horrible news to the heartlanders. And the so-called marvellous FT Temasick and GIC fund mgrs (Ho Jinx included) have hedged their bets on the wrong sector....the financial and banking sector.

5) There are many jobless, angry citizens who have yet to receive any miserable cash handouts to sweeten the ground.

6) The middle income sandwich class are just as anguished as the low income group.

GE 2009??? .......in ur dream!!!!!!

Last edited:

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also think that there shouldn't be any GE. If they keep it at 2011, they will have 2 more years to cross their fingers and hope for things to recover or get better.
Then they will be able to claim all the credits and telling everyone how their great leadership has lead the country out of recession.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>The loss of about $100 billion in our reserves is well publicised in the English media.<<<

It's $260B as at Dec 08.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i also think that there shouldn't be any GE. If they keep it at 2011, they will have 2 more years to cross their fingers and hope for things to recover or get better.

It'll be a gamble if they wait untill 2011.

What if the recession gets worse?

LKY may not be around to "fix" things?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the PAP is not as unified as most people want to believe

My guess is the prospect of having a GE this year is PMO's way of telling MPs to buck up or risk losing their million dollar paychecks

The damage done since GE06 has been too great - calling for an election within the next 6 months would be suicidical