• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why s'poreans comprain so much about transport fares?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh, bros. Umm. Me sibeh buay song leh. Up price if not making money, limpeh understand. But up price when making sooooo much! And most knnbccb, these chee bye Kias still dare have face they offer consessions to the poor.

Knnbccb, greedy also have limit.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because they never give the ordinary people back their hard-earned CPF money at age 55.:mad:

In Ozzie land you pay high taxes when you are working during your younger days,
but when you grow old and not working their gahmen has got the courtesy of giving
you weekly Aus$250.00 per week for you food and expenses!!

In Sinkiepore too bad if you don't have enough CPF retirement funds, even with
the CPF funds $120K the CPF board only give you hardly $600.00 per month!! wtf !
If this is 1960 $600.00 was a damn big deal! today $600.00 can 't bring you any where!

So the other alternative when growing old is to collect carton and drink can, that's
what PAP like you old folks to do!! they are not supporting the old! to hell with
you in PAP 's mind!

amostio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paiseh, bros. Umm. Me sibeh buay song leh. Up price if not making money, limpeh understand. But up price when making sooooo much! And most knnbccb, these chee bye Kias still dare have face they offer consessions to the poor.

Knnbccb, greedy also have limit.

I posted in other thread but worth repeating:

Let me do some investigative reporting.

The Public Transport system was suppose to be PUBLIC. Meaning non-profit?

SMRT Annual Report : 2013 EBITDA $278m http://www.smrt.com.sg/Portals/0/PDF...ort 2013.PDF
SBS Transit Report : 2012 (2013 not available) EBITDA $84.4m http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/downloa...alReport12.pdf

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia's one-single trip ticket is $5.20 lor. "Fares on Queensland's transport operator Translink will rise by 7.5 per cent on Monday, taking a single-trip, peak paper ticket in one zone to $5.20, up from $4.80." - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...73741826.606753656034473&type=1&stream_ref=10

Singapore how much only? We pay 4-6cents more per trip...not that bad compared to other countries.

If I may borrow what Leongsam said before, "The comparison isn't apples to apples. For example the cuppuccino in Sydney costs AUD3.75 at a roadside takeaway kiosk. In Singapore, SGD6 is for a cuppuccino in a fancy boutique cafe or a hotel coffee house.

I have lived in both Sydney and Singapore and I can assure that Singapore living expenses are far lower simply because there are so many cheap options if you want to save money. In Sydney, there is no $1 coffee or $7 taxi ride or $5 lunch. You pay $4 for a coffee, $40 for a short taxi trip and $12 for a measly sandwich."

There are always options ...if public transportation is too high, you drive.
If toll road charge is too high, you take an alternative route.

In sinkapore, we have NO choice. So, we are at the mercy of the transit companies. Cars are simply too expensive to own.

Why so simple, you can't figure out?

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are always options ...if public transportation is too high, you drive.
If toll road charge is too high, you take an alternative route.

In sinkapore, we have NO choice. So, we are at the mercy of the transit companies. Cars are simply too expensive to own.

Why so simple, you can't figure out?

Further to add, if our transport system is efficient (arriving on time, breakdown countermeasures deployed to minimise time wastage, etc), I'm pretty sure not many will complain. :mad:

UrBaby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Small small country with highest paid ministers in the world, but yet still so much problems and no privacy. Don't complain then who complain? Be thankful there's no local rioting!