• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why some hawkers so racists?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True.Which is why Non-musLims have to be mindfuL themseLves when ordering different foods and eating at the same tabLe with your friends/famiLy.PersonaLLy i see to that.

yes, use brain a bit lah. see ppl buy malay foods then used the fork to get a forkful of mee pork noodle from his wife's bowel. what i will do is finish eating the malay food, put aside the plate and utensil then use the chopstick to eat the minced pork noodle.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it really a race issue or the hawker personal bias? chinese hawkers also give a bit better if the customers belong to the same dialect group. that my opinion lor, especially those still run by pop and mum.

as for malays treating their own race better, maybe so do but i seldom encounter. maybe i regular customer so got better service. i also do get extra from malay stall, got 6 curry puff when i only paid for 5. Not once but many time. sometime also get begeder (not sure spelling, deep fried mashed potato) free for mee rubus. i cannot speak malayu and certaintly do look like a malay.

while there could have racist hawkers out there, and certaintly no only malays, they are the minority. Just stupid ppl whose action will only hurt their own pocket.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it really a race issue or the hawker personal bias? chinese hawkers also give a bit better if the customers belong to the same dialect group. that my opinion lor, especially those still run by pop and mum.

as for malays treating their own race better, maybe so do but i seldom encounter. maybe i regular customer so got better service. i also do get extra from malay stall, got 6 curry puff when i only paid for 5. Not once but many time. sometime also get begeder (not sure spelling, deep fried mashed potato) free for mee rubus. i cannot speak malayu and certaintly do look like a malay.

while there could have racist hawkers out there, and certaintly no only malays, they are the minority. Just stupid ppl whose action will only hurt their own pocket.

There's your answer for you lor. They mistook you for a malay. You might not have not spoken mlaay to them but that's fine since this is singapore and they assumed you spoke to them in english like how chinese speak to each other in english.

Yet to hear someone in here say i cannot speak malay and i certainly look very chinese and i got free food etc.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, use brain a bit lah. see ppl buy malay foods then used the fork to get a forkful of mee pork noodle from his wife's bowel. what i will do is finish eating the malay food, put aside the plate and utensil then use the chopstick to eat the minced pork noodle.

wow like this also must use brain sia but ok

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh so what's hmmm supposed to be?

Hey we cannot read your mind or what hmmm is supposed to be if you claim that you got charged more from chinese and indian stall owners cos you happen to be a malay then tell us by all means many of us would be surprised cos that would be like the 1st time we have heard of it but tell us. Comeon. Yet i have a feeling you probably don't have a story at all maybe you'll be making one up.

As for that sinar pagi stall well it's just 1 stall and perhaps he just doesn't like your face? Maybe he charges other malays lesser?

Hmm....u tink i bother to explain and tell u my experiences with Chinese and Indian stall owners. Ur a troll. Dont bother.

As for ur last para...like i always say..u simply love to assume. You can read my friend mind?:rolleyes: How u know he doesnt like my face? How u know he charges other Malays lesser?

OPen ur troll eys big big. Tats why i say u need an eye as well as brain check!

I know tis guy for 27years! We are like buddies. But when come to his stall, busine$$ is Busine$$. Tats how i look at it. And we Malays believe in payment dengan iklas hati? If he feel i should charge like the rest, then so be it. Ustand troll?

Period.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually whoami has told quite a few interesting stories in this forum, including one where he brought back some porridge from the mosque for his Chinese neighbours and they told him it was sedap.

Perhaps it is time that you Jah, told us some real life stories of your experiences. I have been waiting for the better part of 10 years already.
Otherwise we might have to assume that a grandparent or parent influenced you and leave it at that.

Yes bro. Even up to this present age, all mosque all over the island distribute free porridge mth of ramadhan. All races can queue for the porridge regardless of status.

U wanna hear tat troll/racist real stories? I get bet on my last ringgit he has alot of nasty things to say abt my race. We are juz like a thorn in his....u know where.:rolleyes: Beep!

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro sleaguepunter could be your mee rebus no egg so they replace with potato lor :biggrin:

Got egg and tau gau lah.

I meant to say do not look like Malay but some how miss typing out the word not.

Bro whoami, no need to care that guy/gal, he cannot even read chinese. I suspect him/her to be a Malaysian Chinese who may suffer in Malaysia.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro, this shouLd be the way.What we do now bodes weLL for our younger ones to foLLow..:wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm....u tink i bother to explain and tell u my experiences with Chinese and Indian stall owners. Ur a troll. Dont bother.

As for ur last para...like i always say..u simply love to assume. You can read my friend mind?:rolleyes: How u know he doesnt like my face? How u know he charges other Malays lesser?

OPen ur troll eys big big. Tats why i say u need an eye as well as brain check!

I know tis guy for 27years! We are like buddies. But when come to his stall, busine$$ is Busine$$. Tats how i look at it. And we Malays believe in payment dengan iklas hati? If he feel i should charge like the rest, then so be it. Ustand troll?

Period.

hohoho tell you something when you type it out not only am i reading it the entire forum is reading you think you are only writing for me to read. Therefore if you didn't write it out then there's nothing to say you don't have any examples to show.

The other malay stall owner charging you the same or maybe more well that was the assumption i made but then again now you mentioned that you actually know him for 27 yrs and he won't even give you a discount! What's even funnier is you still buy from his stall. ROFL other ppl when they feel discriminated wouldn't do business with them anymore. You even know him for 27 yrs. I must say that fren of yours has character. He treats all races equally. I like that stall owner fren of yours. He is the type of malays we need treats everyone equally. Don't you agree?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes goodu. U really no brain. U never heard of people saying even if tat stall take me hours to reach, I will still go. Cos the food is sedap. Bodoh!

Yes. He got character. Business like character. Treat everyone same. Tats why i dont agree when racist like u also agree tat Malay stalls only short change the non Malays. Bodoh.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bodoh then i have nothing to say lor since you don't mind then that's fine. At least he charged you the same price not more expensive. Bodoh this is about malay stalls that charge non malays more expensive. Such stalls abound and we are talking about them.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course i dont mind. I am not so cheapskate like some bodoh here. If u tink u kena shortchange, then go to ur Chinese stall lah. Tell me wat malay food the Chinese cant prepare? For tat, I take my hats off to the Chinese.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ummm of course you don't mind you were simply charged the same price not overcharged.

Oh like this ah. Actually ya i'm sure most of the ppl that talked about being overcharged probably don' go to the same stall again but they are just writing it out here.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if i am overcharged, so?

Must i repeat again i am no cheapskate like u?

Food is nice. Why complain, bodoh?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you don't mind doesn't mean others don't mind ok.

This thread is about non malays getting over charged for food. Understand?

Try to act noble and say overcharged i also dun mind. OMG.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then i am telling u some malays are also not spared fm overcharging. Understand?

I am neither noble nor cheapskate.

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
One Chinese dish adapted from Malay has been expanded into a wide variety selection full meal is nasi lemak. This has enabled big nasi lemak stalls. Malay nasi lemak is still stuck at ikan bilis or ikan kuning, nothing more than a light breakfast or snack.