• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why so few Singh are left in Singapore

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore gahment policy is spreading external wing. The Singh is spreading and setting up a Singh-apore town in other countries. Frankly, most of them have become modern singhs - minus the turban.

Quote : "Drop a bar of Dettol soap in a crowded place and quickly turn around without picking it up. Those watching you closely are bayis"

Have a girl show up in a bikini and he will appears from behind - as in Sentosa countdown?

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just that now they are going without turbans ! Doesn't mean they are not around !

Concurred, those are the modern singhs. But the question remains, are these new generations still practising Sikhism. In sikhism there are five "K" they have to adhere to, one of which is no shavng of hairs and to wear a turban. These are the turban singhs tha we hardly sees them around anymore.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think maybe the local Tamils were BossSINGH the Sikhs around, so they left for good. hehehehe

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
nono...

Actually most of the minority races like the singhs crossed married other races and got lost in the NRIC 'doubled barrelled' race classification by our so smart alex govt.

..so for example CHINESE + INDIAN = CHINDIAN...that means EURASIAN + INDIAN = EUR IND and CHINESE and SINGH = CHI BHAI

AhBengBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
In certain modern religion, they say hair on the head acts as a sort of antenna to facilitate reception of telepathic messages from 'out there'. Thus, if that is the truth, then hair should not be cut away indiscriminately.

Well, it is left to science to find out the truth, perhaps in another 20 years time?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Why so few Singh are left in Singapore</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Cooldipsingh <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jan-19 9:57 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 24) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>27439.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Most of the Singhs have left Singapore for USA, Canada, NZ and Oz.
Only a handful prom PAP Singh are left. Maybe only about 5k are left from about 25 k.
Many others are making arrangements to leave.
I will be moving overseas in a few months.
Sayonara.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

No lah, most Singh today followed TV Star "Gurmit Singh" no turban so they look modern, bland well into SG society..they did not migrate.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these Bayee jokes, I consider them racist remarks, it is not nice to make fun of people because of their race.
It is insensitive and unless you enjoy ang moh calling you names and joke about your colour, then don't do it to others.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello There,

The Singhs have left and are leaving Singapore by the numbers. In the past there used to be at least 25K Singhs and now I will say the number is around 10K. I am also one of the Singh who have left. Many Singhs have moved to Canada/US/Australia/UK where the Sikh Culture is especially vibrant in this countries. In Singapore the Sikh Culture is lost among the Chinese and Other Races. By 2020 we will see very few Singhs left in Singapore. If I have a family, I would rather have my kids in this countries than in Singapore. The same is also happening in Malaysia.

I will rather my child grow up and mingle with his community rather than the Chinese. Go to any Sikh Temples and all you see are the elderly folks, where are the youngsters, gone away.

There is one question,I always like to ask,why are the sikh not staying in their motherland ,Punjab?Why can't they make that place a more prosperous land?Instead,they need to go to the rich countries for shelters or charity?

kunkin

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one question,I always like to ask,why are the sikh not staying in their motherland ,Punjab?Why can't they make that place a more prosperous land?Instead,they need to go to the rich countries for shelters or charity?

are the chinese motherland is not china..what are they doing in other countries..

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They did not leave,they are simply assimilated into the majority Chinese community,like Gurmit's children who are already 3/4 Chinese blood.

the next to go will be the ah neh who are increasingly married into the Chinese community!Like Vivien's Children who are also 3/4 Chinese blood!

Soon,we will have one Singapore race!

hopefully they won't have shitty names like that vomit.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these Bayee jokes, I consider them racist remarks, it is not nice to make fun of people because of their race.
It is insensitive and unless you enjoy ang moh calling you names and joke about your colour, then don't do it to others.

Ang mohs have always used racial jokes on chinese. WHy don't u tell them?

Start by telling off racist sam leong.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
are the chinese motherland is not china..what are they doing in other countries..

Bro,no offence!I wish to see that the sikh should go back and make punjab a modern first class place on earth to leave so that u guys dont need to go everywhere and anywhere,just like Chinese motherland is prospering at the moment where more Chinese are going back which are happenning now !All those who are coming out now will eventually go back to their motherland !

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. They felt persecuted when the government announced they were clamping down on Singhlish.

2. They were getting Sikh of all these Sikh jokes.

:biggrin:

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
please la u dun bluff me la...

U think Ang Mo never disturb u behind ur back meh?

They r the biggest pai gia on earth ok...they call u Yellow Banana u also dun know and Lan Lan..

At least down here we never condemn Singh or criticise them k..

Those were the happy time that happened during those days when some of the Singhs were our best friends...

We teased them, they teased us back...

We grew up together then we grew old together...

PRs FTs are the real outsiders man!!!

AhBengBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this making fun of the word and sound of the word "sing" is pure sickly.

At best it reflects the utter childishness of these individuals.