• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why SMRT so many people resign?

wontonmee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Premium
30 HR executives, 2 senior engineers quit SMRT in recent exodus
colin-smrt-27.jpg
In the past eight months, about 30 executives in SMRT Corp's human resource department have quit, including a senior military officer who joined just a few months ago.ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN
PUBLISHED
8 HOURS AGO
FACEBOOKTWITTERWHATSAPPEMAIL

Those who have quit within last 8 months include 30 HR execs and 2 senior engineers
Christopher Tan
Senior Transport Correspondent

While the rail lines that SMRT Corp operates have improved in service of late, the transport group is facing a new challenge - a string of resignations within its ranks.
In the past eight months, about 30 executives in the Temasek-owned company's human resources (HR) department have quit. Two senior engineers have also resigned.
TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE
SUBSCRIBELOGIN
WHAT IS PREMIUM?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these glcs are run by incapable and unreal cronies who are just concerned about their own well being rather than the survival or real operation of the trains. they will not go thru thick and thin with the organisation. that's why cronies turn traitors for outsiders in times of trouble in s'pore, i won't be surprised to see.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
these glcs are run by incapable and unreal cronies who are just concerned about their own well being rather than the survival or real operation of the trains. they will not go thru thick and thin with the organisation. that's why cronies turn traitors for outsiders in times of trouble in s'pore, i won't be surprised to see.
:biggrin:

SUBSCRIBE

SLIDESHOW: SELF-CARE AND RECOVERY AFTER TRAUMA

Paranoid Personality Disorder

Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is one of a group of conditions called "Cluster A" personality disorders which involve odd or eccentric ways of thinking. People with PPD also suffer from paranoia, an unrelenting mistrust and suspicion of others, even when there is no reason to be suspicious.
This disorder usually begins by early adulthood and appears to be more common in men than in women.

What Are the Symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder?
People with PPD are always on guard, believing that others are constantly trying to demean, harm, or threaten them. These generally unfounded beliefs, as well as their habits of blame and distrust, might interfere with their ability to form close relationships. People with this disorder:

• Doubt the commitment, loyalty, or trustworthiness of others, believing others are using or deceiving them
  • Are reluctant to confide in others or reveal personal information due to a fear that the information will be used against them
  • Are unforgiving and hold grudges
  • Are hypersensitive and take criticism poorly
  • Read hidden meanings in the innocent remarks or casual looks of others
  • Perceive attacks on their character that are not apparent to others; they generally react with anger and are quick to retaliate
  • Have recurrent suspicions, without reason, that their spouses or lovers are being unfaithful
  • Are generally cold and distant in their relationships with others, and might become controlling and jealous
  • Cannot see their role in problems or conflicts and believe they are always right
  • Have difficulty relaxing
  • Are hostile, stubborn, and argumentative

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I heard they're very nasty and insecure people too. Even the external contractors, clients etc tak boleh tahan dealing with them, especially when it comes to negotiations and price bidding business. :wink:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard they're very nasty and insecure people too. Even the external contractors, clients etc tak boleh tahan dealing with them, especially when it comes to negotiations and price bidding business. :wink:

saw paik hwa really left a big black hole for them to fill in! for the good of smrt, i hope to see loyal employees who go thru thick and thin, get rewarded when the train operations improve to stage of near zero breakdowns.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw paik hwa really left a big black hole for them to fill in! for the good of smrt, i hope to see loyal employees who go thru thick and thin, get rewarded when the train operations improve to stage of near zero breakdowns.

Saw Phaik Hwa is just like Olivia Lum, both have a big, black hole. Nasty women.

MeaslyPalatableErin-size_restricted.gif

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HR people are the worst in the corporate world -they make no profits , act as the managements spy and hatchet man and try to reduce staff welfare to show they are doing their job!
They are often guilty of making people attend interviews to pad up the numbers even though most of them do not meet the company's requirement .
How can people who knows nothing about the company's operations know who to hire?
You actually do not need a dedicated HR Dept- the accounts people can do payroll and the admin people can do recruitment(basically putting adverts & schedule interviews ) leaves/medical/hospitalisation ect2.
When I first became the head of a small unit overseas, my secretary also double up as my unofficial HR officer, besides secretarial work and serving tea/coffee to guest!

wontonmee

Alfrescian
Loyal
HR people are the worst in the corporate world -they make no profits , act as the managements spy and hatchet man and try to reduce staff welfare to show they are doing their job!
They are often guilty of making people attend interviews to pad up the numbers even though most of them do not meet the company's requirement .
How can people who knows nothing about the company's operations know who to hire?
You actually do not need a dedicated HR Dept- the accounts people can do payroll and the admin people can do recruitment(basically putting adverts & schedule interviews ) leaves/medical/hospitalisation ect2.
When I first became the head of a small unit overseas, my secretary also double up as my unofficial HR officer, besides secretarial work and serving tea/coffee to guest!
Well said. HR prople are all vermins!

Damien-Mystic

Alfrescian
Loyal
HR Exec monthly salary = ~ $2,500
Employer CPF = ~$500

Monthly Cost of 30 HR Execs = ~ $90,000
Annual Cost of 30 HR Execs = ~ $1,080,000
(exclude OT, 13th month & bonuses)