• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why SGP not pumping money in economy?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everywhere you could read govt. are pumping money into the economy to avert the fallouts from financial disasters. US did it, Japan Did it, Europe did it...but not SGP?

Strange right?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Everywhere you could read govt. are pumping money into the economy to avert the fallouts from financial disasters. US did it, Japan Did it, Europe did it...but not SGP?

Strange right?

so what should i do? take out all my money from the banks and put it inside CPF because it is 100% safe? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jdi813

Alfrescian
Loyal
gahmen no $$$ how to pump into economy ... so far they only know how to say how much $$$ they have and how much they can afford to spend. so far only hear say hear say nia ... nothing concrete to show otherwise.

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
very soon our currency is going to be banana notes. gahmen says our country econ is doing fine? actually its all on paper. too much funds parked inside losing stocks n shares. if we're really that solid as they say, they no need to travel the world to beg for investors to come.

investors do their own homework & invest when they know where is worthy for them to park their $.

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is in Spore gov't has finger in many pies. If want to invest wisely must do homework 'outside' of Spore.
problem is, they put too many fingers into wrong pies, those fingers are not their own fingers, its the citizens fingers, and the pies r piping hot, many fingers burnt.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
gahmen no $$$ how to pump into economy ... so far they only know how to say how much $$$ they have and how much they can afford to spend. so far only hear say hear say nia ... nothing concrete to show otherwise.

Or rather they prefer to keep the $ for themselves :mad:

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
no $ to pump into our economy, that's y they're telling sgporean to spend more to help economy spin.

They are just cheap. If really want to pump $ in the economy, why don't they lead by example and do it themselves since they are the ones who can really afford it! :mad:

jw5

Loyal
They are just cheap. If really want to pump $ in the economy, why don't they lead by example and do it themselves since they are the ones who can really afford it! :mad:
They should all make a big donation to the poor people, so that they can spend the money on necessities immediately.
This will give the economy a boost.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

AGREE!!!!! They lost so much liao. 150 Billions? In reserves? How much left?

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
have you notice construction going on everywhere in orchard road , hdb estates , raffles place. THis is their con man way of pumping in money as evey 100 dollar they put in their take back 30 dollar as every blanga worker they earn 300 dollar / month.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
problem is, they put too many fingers into wrong pies, those fingers are not their own fingers, its the citizens fingers, and the pies r piping hot, many fingers burnt.

Yes, if peasants invest locally, chances are its through some GLC that PAP controls. Before CLOB closed down, PAP benefitted even though it was Malaysian shares being traded.

I still hold some Malaysian shares from CLOB & when I get dividens I have to pay Spore & Malaysian taxes! Why should I pay the PAP gov't? They so conveniently washed their hands of the CLOB fiasco. What do they have to do with $$$ coming from Malasia :mad:

I also have to pay my broker every month a holding fee. If I use a Malaysian broker I save on ALL these Spore extra fees. Malaysian brokers also give me the option of trading on the internet for cheep cheep fees.

I looked into opening an Ameritrade US trading account & NOT surprised they don't accept Sporean customers. If you are Malysian, Indo, Thai,.. no problem but not Sporeans. Must ask the PAP why huh?

I might be living in Spore but I'm invested elsewhere. I don't trust our world class bank :oIo:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Strange right?

They need to take the time to analyse who is best to copy since every country is doing it. if not how to write in the newspaper to fool those sinkies into thinking they got the best govt and even the best in the world is doing it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I looked into opening an Ameritrade US trading account & NOT surprised they don't accept Sporean customers. If you are Malysian, Indo, Thai,.. no problem but not Sporeans. Must ask the PAP why huh?

I can say this is one unsinkified company who knows what they are really doing.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Strange right?

Ya damn strange hor. Go ask your pestors and "Goat" the reasons why lo :biggrin: