• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Why PR Employment Rate is Higher than Talentless Sinkies?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Singapore’s unemployment rate for citizens is higher than for PRs
Nabilah Ismail
nabilah-july2018-istock-momunemployment.jpg

In a press reply dated 6 July, Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) clarified a reader’s inquiry of the difference in the unemployment rate between citizens and permanent residents (PRs).
“The unemployment rate for permanent residents (PRs) is lower than that for Singaporeans because the PR eligibility criteria takes into account whether individuals have secured a job here and contribute to our economy,” said the Ministry in its response.
Data was also provided by Terence Ho, divisional director, Manpower Policy and Planning Division at the Ministry of Manpower to support efforts taken to help out the unemployed:
  • Last year, the Adapt & Grow (A&G) initiative helped more than 25,000 locals find jobs, compared to about 21,000 in 2016.
  • Over 480,000 jobseekers made use of online job portal MyCareersFuture.
  • Professional conversion programmes for professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs) who wish to reskill and switch careers placed about 3,800 Singaporeans last year, almost three times higher than in 2016.
Additionally, to complement employment facilitation programmes, the Ministry regularly updates foreign workforce policies to moderate the inflow of foreign workers.
For instance, recently the qualifying criteria for Employment Pass (EP) and S Pass holders was tightened, which resulted in a moderated growth of EP, S Pass and work permit holders from 2015 to last year, compared to the preceding three years.
ALSO READ: Unemployment rates in Singapore declined in Q1 2018
Nearly eight in 10 PMET jobs created from 2015 to last year went to Singaporeans. Such initiatives helped bring down the unemployment rate for residents to 2.8% in March, from 3.2% a year ago.
About 350 employers are on the Fair Consideration Framework (FCF) watchlist, where their EP applications are scrutinised. To date, 1,900 of their EP applications have been withheld, rejected, or withdrawn by the employers. As a result, more than 2,200 Singaporean PMETs were hired by such employers.
“We remain vigilant about the evolving employment situation, especially where jobs-skills mismatches intensify, and continuously review the effectiveness of our approach,” stated the Ministry.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently i was talking to a asst pharmacy at Polyclinic. After some "interrogation", the nurse told me tat pharmacy and husband, both are PRs jiuhukia. No qalified sinkies asst pharmacy...yes no??:cautious:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Willingness to work for less is the biggest talent.

No Reservists & no National Slavery is the biggest drawbacks for the privileged Stinkerporeans. I asked my ex-Japanese boss way back on the 'token' number of Stinkperporeans in the company. The numbers consists of PR ( which is counted as Stinkeporeans) & the rest, the rest , 99% are females, leaving only 1% males. My boss told me, PR's most of them, do no have reservists ( unless they VOLUNTEER), the females, none at all...leaving the 1%..boss say he can manage with that. MOM stats are a load of bull shit, for there is no independent verification of data collected.

One example of data collection...just one example, say you are employed from Jan - April, May you are out of work, till August, then you find work in September, & November you are out of work until the next Lunar New Year, you are still jobless....MOM data will conveniently report you are working...& if you have dropped off the radar....they will conveniently forget you. PR have the greatest advantage...they are considered to be "locals" in statistics & that is why in the marketplace the unemployment rate say is 30%..official stats says only 2% are unemployed. They are very good at 'massaging' the figures & any INDEPENDENT CHECKERS ARE GA GI LANG...also known as " ownself check ownself"

ANYWAY SINGAPOREANS DESERVE WHAT THEY GET FOR THEY VOTED FOR THESE PEOPLE. No need to moan & groan & says it is unfair etc..they made it that way..live with it!!!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently i was talking to a asst pharmacy at Polyclinic. After some "interrogation", the nurse told me tat pharmacy and husband, both are PRs jiuhukia. No qalified sinkies asst pharmacy...yes no??:cautious:
KNN a pharmacist is to memorize drugs name and usage dose and side effect why need a degree ? yes no ? KNN

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Reservists & no National Slavery is the biggest drawbacks for the privileged Stinkerporeans. I asked my ex-Japanese boss way back on the 'token' number of Stinkperporeans in the company. The numbers consists of PR ( which is counted as Stinkeporeans) & the rest, the rest , 99% are females, leaving only 1% males. My boss told me, PR's most of them, do no have reservists ( unless they VOLUNTEER), the females, none at all...leaving the 1%..boss say he can manage with that. MOM stats are a load of bull shit, for there is no independent verification of data collected.

One example of data collection...just one example, say you are employed from Jan - April, May you are out of work, till August, then you find work in September, & November you are out of work until the next Lunar New Year, you are still jobless....MOM data will conveniently report you are working...& if you have dropped off the radar....they will conveniently forget you. PR have the greatest advantage...they are considered to be "locals" in statistics & that is why in the marketplace the unemployment rate say is 30%..official stats says only 2% are unemployed. They are very good at 'massaging' the figures & any INDEPENDENT CHECKERS ARE GA GI LANG...also known as " ownself check ownself"

ANYWAY SINGAPOREANS DESERVE WHAT THEY GET FOR THEY VOTED FOR THESE PEOPLE. No need to moan & groan & says it is unfair etc..they made it that way..live with it!!!
Singkies voted for it. They have only themselves to blame

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN a pharmacist is to memorize drugs name and usage dose and side effect why need a degree ? yes no ? KNN

So am i to assume teres no available sinkies dip holder to qualify for pharmacist post? And MIW go all the way to get jiuhukia fm penang?:rolleyes:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think very easy for opposition to become next gahmen
A) abolish NS
B) stop FT
C) demolish causeway. Cannot go jb.and jb cannot come here unless by flight
D) one year tax amensty
E) free ride on public transport.