• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Our Gov is not World Class

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, it is Sillyporeans who continue to give them this confidence. :(

I am not too sure about this. No doubt there are Sillyporeans around (and will continue to be so), especially those who actually voted for them in individual wards. There are those GRC wards which are walkovers. If the opposition had the numbers and quality including no questionable redrawing of election boundaries, we could be seeing at least 30% of MP's from the opposition right now.

My hope is that they continue with their current policies, like FT's, increase in taxation, raising prices for public transport to utilities causing high internal inflation, raising their already obscene salaries, right until the next election. Then we may see a sizeable proportion of true people representative in the parliament compared with the current measly two at present.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually grave damages have already been done, no need to wait until election day to show peasants' power. If JBJ is still around, Jurong GRC would have been won by opposition with ease for the by election.

twochan

Alfrescian
Loyal
except in compensating mini bong cases. That one, they won't follow HK

I guess this is where the 'mini bong' phrase comes from...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzE2BoNW6bc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzE2BoNW6bc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[UOTE=snrcitizen;74719]I am not too sure about this. No doubt there are Sillyporeans around (and will continue to be so), especially those who actually voted for them in individual wards. There are those GRC wards which are walkovers. If the opposition had the numbers and quality including no questionable redrawing of election boundaries, we could be seeing at least 30% of MP's from the opposition right now.

My hope is that they continue with their current policies, like FT's, increase in taxation, raising prices for public transport to utilities causing high internal inflation, raising their already obscene salaries, right until the next election. Then we may see a sizeable proportion of true people representative in the parliament compared with the current measly two at present.[/QUOTE]

I am not holding my breath that my fellow citizen will vote in opposition MPs in. All SiaoLee had to do is give $200 before the next eRection, every complains will be forgotten and continue "MORE GOOD YEARS":rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
I am not too sure about this. No doubt there are Sillyporeans around (and will continue to be so), especially those who actually voted for them in individual wards. There are those GRC wards which are walkovers. If the opposition had the numbers and quality including no questionable redrawing of election boundaries, we could be seeing at least 30% of MP's from the opposition right now.

My hope is that they continue with their current policies, like FT's, increase in taxation, raising prices for public transport to utilities causing high internal inflation, raising their already obscene salaries, right until the next election. Then we may see a sizeable proportion of true people representative in the parliament compared with the current measly two at present.
You really think so?
I don't. I honestly think that most Singaporeans are either apathetic or ignorant or they are afraid of rocking the boat, or they are too comfortable to care or bother.
The first category spend a lot of their time and money buying lottery.
The second spend most of their time and effort working just to survive.
The third category enjoy a luxurious lifestyle and can't be bothered to think clearly about the bigger picture, only concerned about themselves.
I know and have seem all 3 types.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not holding my breath that my fellow citizen will vote in opposition MPs in. All SiaoLee had to do is give $200 before the next eRection, every complains will be forgotten and continue "MORE GOOD YEARS":rolleyes:

This is the disappointment I have with some of the sillyporeans and I do certainly hope for our sakes and our future generation's sakes that what is happening to Singaporeans now will wake them up to reality. I know this is a big wish.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really think so?
I don't. I honestly think that most Singaporeans are either apathetic or ignorant or they are afraid of rocking the boat, or they are too comfortable to care or bother.
The first category spend a lot of their time and money buying lottery.
The second spend most of their time and effort working just to survive.
The third category enjoy a luxurious lifestyle and can't be bothered to think clearly about the bigger picture, only concerned about themselves.
I know and have seem all 3 types.

I have seen another category of people when I was living in an place where it is an independant ward. Folks from all walks of life and different voting age groups there elected an opposition member and threw out a heavy weight PAP representative. No amount of threats and bibery from the PAP since then worked to change their minds.

Yes, they were left out of many handouts like HDB upgrading. Money from which the PAP used also came from these taxpayers, but they had grit and spirit. I have visited the place where I used to live and I see that the people there pick up rubbish others leave behind so as to make sure that their surrounding area is kept clean.

It depends on the people in other parts of Singapore whether they allow the PAP to ride rough shod over them. If they have no respect for themselves then they deserve to be treated like animals by the PAP.

Then they lose their jobs, cannot pay for their mortgage on their pigeon hole, see their transport cost eat into their income which is lowered because of the presence of hordes of FT's, and to pay more for utilities as the price of crude falls.

What kind of life is that under the PAP when their quality of life is deteriorating by the day, and why do they not want to do anything about it to save themselves and their future generations? They have to answer these questions for themselves.