• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why no reduction in CPF contribution rates?

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any body make a guess?

My guess is that they need more $$$ pumped into CPF to pay for their losses elsewhere. A reduction in rates will hurt the "income".

Essentially, their point is to "save" themselves and "dont care" about the people whose jobs are on the line.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey wun cut ze employee part 1 la ...

as 4 employer part, coy never make noise wat ... wait 4 dem 2 make noise den oni cut la ...

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any body make a guess?

My guess is that they need more $$$ pumped into CPF to pay for their losses elsewhere. A reduction in rates will hurt the "income".

Essentially, their point is to "save" themselves and "dont care" about the people whose jobs are on the line.

I believe you are right. Ho Ching has lost tremendously in investment which is probably why CPF contribution cannot be reduced. In fact, right now, Govt is asking aging people to work longer, probably to gather more CPF contribution.
Poor Singaporeans!