• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why no opposition member offer help or visit taxi driver Cheng Teck Hock's family

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
showimageCC.aspx

Shanmugam offers help to cabby's family
by Ashley Chia 04:46 AM May 16, 2012

SINGAPORE - The daughter of taxi driver Cheng Teck Hock - who was killed in a high-speed crash involving a Ferrari - will have her school fees taken care of should she qualify for university, while her family will receive "all necessary assistance", including legal assistance, said Law and Foreign Affairs Minister K Shanmugam.

Mr Shanmugam, who is the Member of Parliament for Nee Soon GRC - where Mr Cheng's family resides - gave this assurance yesterday when he attended the wake for Mr Cheng at Block 306, Canberra Road.

He said Mr Cheng's daughter, Stephanie, 21, who recently graduated from a polytechnic, need not give up her hopes of going to university to work and support the family.

Mr Cheng, 52, had been the family's sole breadwinner.

Mr Shanmugam said: "Education is not an issue here and as long as she qualifies for university, we will make sure it will be taken care of."

As for the long-term needs of the family, such as their outstanding payment of their five-room HDB flat, Mr Shanmugam said that "a package will be put together" with help from the constituency's welfare fund, NTUC, Mr Cheng's employer ComfortDelGro, voluntary welfare organisations and well-wishers.

Details of the help that will be given have not been discussed as the family has called for time to grieve, he added.

Mr Cheng died after a crash early on Saturday morning involving a Ferrari, his taxi and a motorcycle. The Ferrari driver, Mr Ma Chi, was killed, as was Mr Cheng's passenger, Ms Shigemi Ito.

Mr Ma's passenger, an unknown Chinese woman, and motorcyclist Muhammad Najib Ghazali, 25, are still in hospital.

Mr Cheng had been a taxi driver for 10 years. He leaves behind his wife, two sons and a daughter.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
K Shanmugam Sc:

Last night I went to the wake of Mr Cheng Teck Hock, the taxi driver who lost his life in tragic circumstances and met the family. Heart wrenching to see soemone lose their loved ones so suddenly. I really hope the family pull through this difficult time. Lets keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

The family shared their concerns with me. I assured them that the eldest daughter can go to University if she qualifies and need not worry about money. I also assured Mrs Cheng that we will help them by raising funds and that they dont need to worry about their HDB flat. In addition I intend to get a lawyer to help them make a claim.
Like · · Share · about an hour ago ·

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
K Shanmugam Sc:

Last night I went to the wake of Mr Cheng Teck Hock, the taxi driver who lost his life in tragic circumstances and met the family. Heart wrenching to see soemone lose their loved ones so suddenly. I really hope the family pull through this difficult time. Lets keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

The family shared their concerns with me. I assured them that the eldest daughter can go to University if she qualifies and need not worry about money. I also assured Mrs Cheng that we will help them by raising funds and that they dont need to worry about their HDB flat. In addition I intend to get a lawyer to help them make a claim.
Like · · Share · about an hour ago ·

Don't talk cock lah, the flat probably fully paid off by the HPIS.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah i remember my friend dad, the only person working in family pass away, the flat was covered by insurance. some hdb thingy which i myself is not too sure.

This bloody keling probably did all the sums already before he goes to the wake to bullshit. :oIo:
Keling leh, you think what? PAP leh, you think what? Lanjiao for him to suckle on :biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably LTK who is famous for attending wakes is too busy preparing for Hougang by-election with his kakis - where got time?

But then Cheng's residence is not in Aljunied or Hougang, so not in his party constituencies. So can easily dismiss it as "not my consitituencies what! PAP MPs responsibilities!"

So can excuse him for not attending the wake. WP's supporters can declare that WP doesn't want to be seen capitalising on the event.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably LTK who is famous for attending wakes is too busy preparing for Hougang by-election with his kakis - where got time?

But then Cheng's residence is not in Aljunied or Hougang, so not in his party constituencies. So can easily dismiss it as "not my consitituencies what! PAP MPs responsibilities!"

So can excuse him for not attending the wake. WP's supporters can declare that WP doesn't want to be seen capitalising on the event.

I went on his behalf. :wink: If LTK attends this wake, before SDP says anything. GMS will come up with a few articles on this action liao. :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
opposition have no money, it is not their fault. we all know pap is rich.

is there a lesson to be learn? i always like to speed off the green light.
Maybe i should slowly move off the line, save money, save trouble. there are more and more prc drivers in singapore road. just have to be careful.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a wake, people are in mourning. It's a shame to exploit grieve or sorrow for political points, simple as that.