• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why must Gillette shaving blades be so expensive? High tech?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn heart pain every time need to buy six cartridge pack refills for $8. Why can't the fucking Melamine Chinks produce blades that don't smell like rust and take away 2 mm of your skin every time you run a blade through. The ones they sell now for about $1 for three I won't use to shave besotted's Sichuan whore wife's pussy. It would be so inhumane!

Gillette must have been making billions all these years!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was using one of those Gilletes green colored razor blades which would vibrate. It broke down & now I'm back to using an unpowered Gillete in manual mode:(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its called give the razor, sell the blades.

The razor systems as they call it (just like penmakers calling pens writing instruments and watchmakers calling watches timepieces) are not cheap too. Most Indians and Banglas with full face of dense stubble use cheap pasar malam razor blades. I don't see a problem with them. But admittedly, I've been an Gillette addict too since Sec. 3 with Gillette Contour. Now I'm using Gillette Mach 3.

When traveling for a few days, I use Gillette Blue disposable. Cheap, shave for a few days and dispose. The best shaving experience is still at traditional barber shop with the single switch blade. However, I don't know how to use that on myself. Even better experience is their shaving brush for applying shaving cream on the face. I don't know where to buy that. Anybody knows?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even better experience is their shaving brush for applying shaving cream on the face. I don't know where to buy that. Anybody knows?

Go to Mustafa Ctr on the 1st floor where they display the shaving creams and blades on their shelves.. You'll find the shaving brush there.. Bought one a year ago.. Can't remember the exact price but think it will cost you less than $6..

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Damn heart pain every time need to buy six cartridge pack refills for $8. Why can't the fucking Melamine Chinks produce blades that don't smell like rust and take away 2 mm of your skin every time you run a blade through. The ones they sell now for about $1 for three I won't use to shave besotted's Sichuan whore wife's pussy. It would be so inhumane!

Gillette must have been making billions all these years!

I can use a piece of Gillette blade for 1 year. Why you need to change so often? And no, I dont have rashes from the overused blade and the blade is still working fine.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
When traveling for a few days, I use Gillette Blue disposable. Cheap, shave for a few days and dispose. The best shaving experience is still at traditional barber shop with the single switch blade. However, I don't know how to use that on myself. Even better experience is their shaving brush for applying shaving cream on the face. I don't know where to buy that. Anybody knows?

Because of the danger of getting HIV, I have stopped allowing barbers to use blades to shave me unless it is the type they throw after one use. It is not safe to have your shave from those reusable blades.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
To have the Gillette blades last longer, use a clean denim cloth or old denim jeans. Put the cloth on a flat surface and run the old razor a few times with blade facing away from the direction it is moving. That will remove the small nicks and burrs that makes shaving painful.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
They do have special technology to cut their razors, thats why it cuts better with less pain. I use the disposable type each for a month or so.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because of the danger of getting HIV, I have stopped allowing barbers to use blades to shave me unless it is the type they throw after one use. It is not safe to have your shave from those reusable blades.

I think the real old single Manchurian and Indian style blades, those that are resharpened on horse leather belt, were outlawed long ago after the AIDS scare. The razor style is the same but the blade is inserted freshly and disposed after every shave, to be replaced by another fresh blade for the next shave.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the real old single Manchurian and Indian style blades, those that are resharpened on horse leather belt, were outlawed long ago after the AIDS scare. The razor style is the same but the blade is inserted freshly and disposed after every shave, to be replaced by another fresh blade for the next shave.

It is still in use in certain barber shops especially the old-style barbers. It is quite rare nowadays but overseas they are still very much in use.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gillette blade last longer and in long run save more money. Also easy to shave and cleaner.
No point buy cheaper product.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I can use a piece of Gillette blade for 1 year. Why you need to change so often? And no, I dont have rashes from the overused blade and the blade is still working fine.

Yo bro, 你没有毛啊。

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
They do have special technology to cut their razors, thats why it cuts better with less pain. I use the disposable type each for a month or so.

...whatever technology or design advancement that can be done for a simple razor had already being completed years back ..now they just add some gimmicks here and there together w big sports celebrity advertisements to maintain their branding edge and thereby charging a huge huge premium.....they are lots of substitutes though not readily avail in spore....more than 2yrs back, I bought a pack of 20 non branded razors from cosco in US at less than one third the price of Gillette...hey, I'm still at my 4th razor....and yes, the shave is as clean and smooth as the Gillette....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is still in use in certain barber shops especially the old-style barbers. It is quite rare nowadays but overseas they are still very much in use.

I don't know about older ones. But all barbershops I know use the traditional razor handle that's fitted with disposable blades. My favorite in Singapore is one traditional Indian barbershop in Bendemeer and my favorite in Thailand is one traditional Thai barbershop in Hatyai. Hygienic and skilfull. I never let a salon girl use any blade on me me since my first horrendous experience two decades ago. They know nuts about shaving or trimming sideburns, moustache, goatee and beard. I only go to salon for hairwash now, since I'm keeping long hair and ponytail. To be fair, salon girls are good at shampooing and hairwashing. But once in a while, especially after a week or more of lazy or busy unshaven, I'd visit a traditional barbershop to enjoy a good shave and sideburns trim.

Last edited: