• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah just to give you an idea this is my juicing an hour ago

Only 1 fruit, apple the rest not consider fruit more roots.

Lots of veges here you see spinach, kailan, pak choy

Here's the entire video of the juicing

[video=youtube;gl3vf6_E_G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3vf6_E_G4[/video]

Cheers buddy

Wow respect so many fruits and veggies. Today i blended one pear, 1 whole carrot, 1 side stalk of chinese cabbage and a small serving of brocoli and some water. Tasted more like carrot and pear. Serving size is slightly more than 1 huge cup.

You look like you have one liter of juice there do you drink all of it in one sitting.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, when juicing... do not mix the fruits with the vegetables!

Can explain why? Is this bro science or backed by scientific study. The fruit is used to hide the taste and smell of the veggies for some people.

I actually noticed there are some people not really happy with ppl blending or juicing veggies like they somehow need to chew them raw.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First of all eating raw veggies is common, e.g eating salad. I am not offended by pple drinking their food but I am concerned abt over claiming the benefits of such an approach. Health has many components regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight and proper nutrition. The way to prevent diabetes is lower to lower sugar intake
and refined carbohydrates. Exercise also helps. By playing up juicing, it de- emphasis the more important areas.

Juicing helps to prevent diabetes and cancer as much drinking chicken essence can help you do well in exam. By itself it is insufficient and not key.

The 2 more important things to prevent cancer is exercising and keeping a healthy weight through proper nutrition.

No la who is playing up juicing? The most important factor in juicing and blending is the quick consumption of healthy veggies and fruits in raw form. I repeat again. The quick consumption. I would think that the majority of people that live in urban areas say sinkies are used to eating junk food like hawker fare especially those of the younger generation. You ask them to eat and chew beetroot raw would they? I don't think so. Unless you happen to be a cow or a goat i can assume most humans would cook those veggies cos they just don't like the taste of these veggies. By blending or juicing them you absorb all of this without having to taste them and that is the most important factor of all absorbing them. This totally sidesteps the one very major problem that so few ppl are eating raw fruits and veggies today is due to the taste and unattractive appearance of veggies.

If you want to talk about exercise it's a whole totally different ball game and you should know the ppl on this forum all have different physical fitness standards and of various ages so the type of exercise that is the most beneficial which is high intensity kind of exercises might not be suitable some of them.

Isn't juicing proper nutrition? Hey you are absorbing all of these fruits and veggies raw.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I juice bcos i hate eating veg n being a single i dont have access to home cook food. So i juice carrot, green apple n orange. To get my fibre n make sure i get bowel movement. Need to remember to add some lime in the juice.

I can honestly say there are some ppl out there that are offended by ppl drinking their veggies like they need to eat them and if you drink your veggies somehow it's bad for you.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah drank a blended mixture of carrots, pear, cabbage and brocoli and i hate the taste of vegetables. Hooray it's good getting the benefits of veggies without even knowing how they taste like!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this morning just blended cilantro and apple. otherwise, hard to chew on cilantro in the raw. must blend with something sweet. tomorrow will blend celery, carrots, garlic and bak kut teh leftovers. yum yum. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
this morning just blended cilantro and apple. otherwise, hard to chew on cilantro in the raw. must blend with something sweet. tomorrow will blend celery, carrots, garlic and bak kut teh leftovers. yum yum. :p

Go raw bro, raw is war.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20140427_121347_zps7f8161d2.jpg

my raw this morning.. guess what is in it?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can honestly say there are some ppl out there that are offended by ppl drinking their veggies like they need to eat them and if you drink your veggies somehow it's bad for you.

who gives a fuck what they say...as long as we juice happy and health happy .. then we are the ones who benefit it..screw them..

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
researched and saw a video that says by mixing fruit and veg in juice inhibits absorption od certain enzymes. and apple is the only fruit that can ix with veg. don't know how thru....need to research more.....

QUOTE=tonychat;1859225]Why???.......[/QUOTE]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
researched and saw a video that says by mixing fruit and veg in juice inhibits absorption od certain enzymes. and apple is the only fruit that can ix with veg. don't know how thru....need to research more.....

Why???.......

Yup searched a bit around and they say only apple cos it's neutral it certainly is so much more different from the first poster who just claimed you cannot mix all fruits with veggies but yet from the websites they say apple is ok. They say it's due to certain enzymes are required to digest fruits and veggies and if you both are mixed you might get indigestion. More reading on this required and i am sure it's only certain fruits and veggies that should be not mixed not all veggies cannot be mixed with all fruits. You see the amount of bro science coming from ppl.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This website claims no problem

http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/...-in-a-green-smoothie-improper-food-combining/

Anyway think about this. You usually eat some fruit as dessert after dinner and during dinner you eat veggies. Yet when it all enters your stomach and digests isn't it all in some liquid form along with the carbs and protein from the rest of your dinner? If you cannot blending fruits and veggies together doesn't this mean you cannot eat fruit as dessert afterwards?

Yet these proponents of such bro science are totally illogical like it is ok to eat fruits for dessert after dinner for example but if you juice or blend fruits with veggies it isn't ok and they have nothing to back it up nothing at all not even a link to a site.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup searched a bit around and they say only apple cos it's neutral it certainly is so much more different from the first poster who just claimed you cannot mix all fruits with veggies but yet from the websites they say apple is ok. They say it's due to certain enzymes are required to digest fruits and veggies and if you both are mixed you might get indigestion. More reading on this required and i am sure it's only certain fruits and veggies that should be not mixed not all veggies cannot be mixed with all fruits. You see the amount of bro science coming from ppl.

I did come across the info that you shouldn't mix fruits & veggie, with the exception of apples.
The only reason I include apples is to add sweetness to minimize the veggy taste.

There are plenty of interesting recipes but out there but for me I'm more interested in the health benefits. So I'm more focused on the actual veggies & their health benefits.

If you like mixing fruits & veggies you shouldn't let the loss of a few enzymes stop you. There's more than enough good stuff in the juices. Some may not be able to get or justify the cost of organic produce. Even if you use non-organic produce you are still going to get the health benefits. So don't let the small details deter you.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;32QqptsqrQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QqptsqrQM[/video]

who is using this juicer???

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;32QqptsqrQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QqptsqrQM[/video]

who is using this juicer???

Thanks for the video will have to see it all later. Just so you know this unit in the video is the first 700 model released while the unit that you and I have is the latest 700 model with the switch in front for Close, Open

This allows finer juice and or for making smoothies.

The other difference is the silicone blade moving around the bowl this is black versus the older version white in the video above.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for the video will have to see it all later. Just so you know this unit in the video is the first 700 model released while the unit that you and I have is the latest 700 model with the switch in front for Close, Open

This allows finer juice and or for making smoothies.

The other difference is the silicone blade moving around the bowl this is black versus the older version white in the video above.

I see I see thanks... The video also teaches us about juicing.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The way to prevent diabetes is lower to lower sugar intake
and refined carbohydrates. Exercise also helps. By playing up juicing, it de- emphasis the more important areas.

Juicing helps to prevent diabetes and cancer as much drinking chicken essence can help you do well in exam. By itself it is insufficient and not key.

The 2 more important things to prevent cancer is exercising and keeping a healthy weight through proper nutrition.

Well aren't the ppl in here all juicing with raw fruits and veggies? Fruitose isn't refined carbs and unless one is diebetic simple fruit sugars will be fine for an average person.

The comparison with chicken essence for exams is wrong because the entire premise of passing or failing an exam is one's knowledge of the material one is being tested for and everything else is secondary like the amount of rest he has and so on but juicing which contains all the nutrients and vitamins from the veggies and fruits play a very vital role in preventing cancer and other illnesses and the reason why some ppl get them is due to a lack of such nutrients in the diet. A very bad comparison you made there.

Isn't juicing considered a part of proper nutrition? Unless a person starts to drink litres of coke and eats tons of fast food besides juicing maybe it wouldn't help but juicing/blending really fills your stomach. All because an apple/carrot/spinach is now in liquid form doesn't mean it takes up less space in your tummy. Exercise obviously helps and in fact a healthy lifestyle no smoking,drinking, drugs, enough rest, exercise, nutrition, minimum stress all play a part but it isn't easy to do all of that at all. You can easily see many forummers here being drinkers and probably smokers too. Stress from working in sinkieland is so common and then there isn't enough time for sleep etc. Speaking of exercise will run a whole gamut of exercises for the different body parts and not to mention the types of exercises need and this will require a new thread and the ppl here are of different ages, health, physical fitness and might have different aliments. Who knows some might have asthma, bad knees, over weight, high blood pressure and so on and so forth so the discussion on exercises is rather difficult because everyone has different requirements not to mention some exercises can be boring. There are people who can run for miles on end and jog for hours but it is quite boring and won't appeal to others.

In contrast the amount of vitamins and nutrients required is more or less the same for most humans. Most people should be able to get sufficient C from an orange or two a day. So by blending or juicing a few oranges added with veggies is actually pretty good for most people.

This actually is quite a major factor in one's health because it comes under nutrition and the human body has a limit for the amount of food it can take in and it is common sense that once one starts to consume these fruits and veggies his consumption of other food especially junk food will go down cos he won't be so hungry makes sense right?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In a train now

Missing my juicer after 18 days of juicing. So sad. Not able to juice for next 6 days until I'm back on try afternoon of 6th. :o