• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why it’s so hard for S’poreans to understand CPF

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's actually the other way round. The smart 60.1% know how to make use of their CPF to prepare for retirement. The dumbfuck 39.9% are clueless and cannot work out how to use the scheme to their advantage.

It is a well known fact that poor and stupid people are pap's vote bank. the GE 2011 stats already proven it.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's actually the other way round. The smart 60.1% know how to make use of their CPF to prepare for retirement. The dumbfuck 39.9% are clueless and cannot work out how to use the scheme to their advantage.

Well, once upon a time, a good many people felt that putting their money with Charles Ponzi was a good idea too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is a well known fact that poor and stupid people are pap's vote bank. the GE 2011 stats already proven it.

I was told that the poor were suffering while the rich are enjoying life. Why would they vote for more suffering?

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told that the poor were suffering while the rich are enjoying life. Why would they vote for more suffering?

I told you they are stupid remember? Stupid people do things got logic one? Just like that ah neh wife who was whacked everytime the ah neh is drunk, will defend the him by saying he only whack me when he is drunk.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They vote for PAP because they were moved by Pinky saying sorry and wants him to put it right,,,,suckers,,,

I told you they are stupid remember? Stupid people do things got logic one? Just like that ah neh wife who was whacked everytime the ah neh is drunk, will defend the him by saying he only whack me when he is drunk.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

If the PAP makes stupid people happy enough to vote for them every 5 years, they can't possibly be accused of catering only to the rich. They must be doing enough to make the lower income group happy too.

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
To many having only pension or social security scheme, CPF appears to be better than theirs because in CPF one can see their money grows and the money will be there when they retired. They are also not afraid of job hopping for better prospects. However, things getting a bit twisted when they actually found out that the money they have had in CPF is getting smaller and smaller each year. Would one be very happy when they deposited $100/= 30 years ago in CPF and find that he could only withdraw $50/= today and that $50/= is worth only $10/= 30 years ago? and the other $50/= he can't use until he is one foot in the coffin. To make matters worst, neighbouring countries like Malaysia and Hong Kong can offer higher interest rate for their pension funds. Believed there are some chosen to renounce their citizenship, then withdraw all their CPF savings and deposit them elsewhere for better returns.

CPF provides cash when you need it.
Buying a home? CPF is there for you.
Need to pay a medical bill? CPF is there to help out.
Need to save for old age? CPF does it for you.
CPF is the best.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Reminds me of a robber who gave back some money for transport home when the victim cried. Do agree that not all robbers are bad. Some do have a heart.

But CPF robs nobody. It is still your money. You can put it into an investment fund, you can buy property, use it to pay medical bills and to purchase annuity in your old age.

The best thing about the CPF is that the more you put in, the more you get out of it. Most other pension schemes pool the money so that regardless of whether you contributed $400,000 or $40,000, you end up with the same payout. CPF isn't like that. It rewards you for your hard work and dedication.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the PAP makes stupid people happy enough to vote for them every 5 years, they can't possibly be accused of catering only to the rich. They must be doing enough to make the lower income group happy too.

Too bad for PAP these group of stupid people are getting smaller and smaller.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best thing about the CPF is that the more you put in, the more you get out of it. Most other pension schemes pool the money so that regardless of whether you contributed $400,000 or $40,000, you end up with the same payout. CPF isn't like that. It rewards you for your hard work and dedication.

i have contributed to the social security system for over 20 years totaling hundreds of thousands of usd, and all i get from the social security department is a yearly statement telling me i can withdraw usd1236 per month at age 62 or usd1427 per month at age 65. no lump sum payment. all social security payouts are subject to income tax. :eek:

now i wish i am in the sg cpf system. it would be almost double the amount i put in due to employer contribution (no employer contribution in the ss system), and i will easily exceed the minimum sum by 55. moreover, i could have used it to pay my mortgage for one of my many properties and/or foot my medical bills upon retirement. i don't have to end up with the faulty obama care at retirement. my 401k doesn't kick in until 59.5, and medicaid is not applicable until 65.

sinkies should consider themselves extremely lucky for having such a superior public retirement program that allows them to use their own savings plus almost matching employer contributions for mortgages, medicine, and lump sum cash out (above an achievable threshold).

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Becos they are stupid?

Does that answer your pondering question which you have posted numerous number of times?

There was a post, cannot remember where it is now, where someone highlighted a cleaner, who struggles even to stand straight, who is so grateful to the PAP cos he is still employed at age 65!!!! LoL

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i have contributed to the social security system for over 20 years totaling hundreds of thousands of usd, and all i get from the social security department is a yearly statement telling me i can withdraw usd1236 per month at age 62 or usd1427 per month at age 65. no lump sum payment. all social security payouts are subject to income tax. :eek:

Exactly the same in NZ. Despite the fact that I have put far more into the pension scheme via taxes than some dumbfuck Maori who has been on welfare all his life and never contributed a single cent to the pension coffers, I will get exactly the same amount, ie NZD290 per week when I reach 65, as he will.

There is no lump sum payout at 55 regardless of what you have put in.

I can't think of a more unfair system where hard work is punished and sloth is rewarded.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But CPF robs nobody. It is still your money. You can put it into an investment fund, you can buy property, use it to pay medical bills and to purchase annuity in your old age.

can u withdraw the momey though?it doesnt matter how many things u can do with it,if u cant touch the money it isnt urs basically.they can put ur money in a aquarium at RWS along with billions of other CPF,it is still not ur money.but u can admire it though.