• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why isn't Sony Tablet popular ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The exterior looks better than iPad and Galaxy. I'm surprised it has not received as much coverage.

b_201142644131.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you must be joking right, it look like shit. the bend look so strange. not as elegant as apple ipad.

AlamakQueen

Alfrescian
Loyal
When people chooses a tablet, they expect it to be responsive and easy in the hand. This design looks to be a torture for the hand. Nothing beats a iPad for responsiveness. For windows lover, the Samsung is the next best choice :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sony seems to have lost the plot somewhere........i remembered they used to be at the top of their game with their products such as playstation, vaio, handphones etc.....even their TVs now cannot smell the koreans........and as the inventor of the walkman, they figure nowhere in the mp3 market.....is this a sign of consumer fickle minded-ness or just the speed which things move at nowsadays?

Last edited:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sony seems to have lost the plot somewhere........i remembered they used to be at the top of their game with their products such as playstation, vaio, handphones etc.....even their TVs now cannot smell the koreans........and as the inventor of the walkman, they figure nowhere in the mp3 market.....is this a sign of consumer fickle minded-ness or just the speed which things move at nowsadays?

I think too much radiation fried their brains.... The Japanese deserve all the shit they can get.. There is no honour in the Japan world.. only face saving.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I demo it last year and it was ok. The thing was they only had the wifi model with no indication of when the 3G model would be available. Then Samsung flooded the market with their Baskin robbin's 31 flavours of tablets.

I guess Sony's Tab S lost a lot of market share because they came into the market late compared to Galaxy. Superior product or not, speed-to-market is a very important factor in consumer electronics market today. Samsung has just got a frighteningly good supply chain.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Its not only Sony but Japanese consumer companies,,like cars, Panasonic etc,,,in the old days want to buy tv just go for panasonic cannot go wrong,,now have to look at Samsung..even their cars...designs etc loosing to the Koreans,,,Japanese seem to be recycling their old formula,,,and becoming like old Pommies...'you buy what i sell,,and if it does not meet yr needs,,there is something wrong with you' ,not you buy what u want sort of attitude. Look at the Honda Civic..came out sedan when everyone wanted hatchback,,Koreans focus on design..and people want hatchback they get hatch back,,

go on like this,,really hard to justify buying Japanese ..sigh

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samsung really surpassed Sony by alot. Just look at the Samsung Galaxy Note mobile phone. When was the last time Sony created a truly unique mobile?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

those old bird, that brought sony honor and glory all retired, new sony only cut cost by moving to cheaper 3rd world factories and hire monkey, but still ask for japanese sony price. Die lor.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When was the last time Sony created a truly unique mobile?

Sony has never come up with a killer mobile. Their alliance with Eriksson brought them into the game but it was never enough to knock Nokia off the throne. Their android smartphone range is also just picking up scraps leftover from samsung.

The only market leaders for sony is their ps3 and blueray dvd technology.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New boss appointed to spearhead Sony's campaign into the mobile arena!

Sony announces new mobile chief

By Jamie Yap , ZDNet Asia on April 5, 2012 (2 days ago)

In another major executive reshuffle, struggling Japanese electronics giant Sony has picked Kunimasa "Kuni" Suzuki as the new president and CEO of Sony Mobile Communications, replacing Bert Nordberg who will become chairman of Sony Mobile Communications' board.

Sony said in a press statement Wednesday that the mobile business, including smartphones, tablets and PCs, was one of the company's core electronics business areas. In addition to looking after mobile, Suzuki will oversee planning and design of all Sony's consumer products and services, with the aim of "strengthening horizontal integration and enhancing the user experience across Sony's entire product and network service lineup", it said.

Suzuki, who is also the corporate executive officer and executive vice president of Sony, will become its mobile chief come May. 16. He will be based in Lund, Sweden and Tokyo, Japan, the statement added.

"Kuni has a vast experience in product planning and management in the information technology and mobile product business, as well as experience of cultivating business in emerging markets," Kazuo Hirai, Sony president and CEO, said in the statement. "He is a strong leader and the right person to oversee Sony Mobile Communications as we establish a new business structure as "One Sony" intended to reinforce and accelerate our overall business management."

Suzuki's new role comes just a month after Sony paid US$1.47 billion to buy Ericsson's half of the Sony Ericsson joint venture--which got renamed Sony Mobile Communications--as it suffers continued losses.Nordberg, the exiting mobile chief, was previously from Ericsson.

It is also the second major C-level executive reshuffle that Sony has undergone. It earlier said in February that Hirai, Sony's consumer head, will become president and CEO, replacing Howard Stringer.

Of late, other Japanese electronics companies have similarly seen leadership changes and business strategy shifts, as they attempt to cope with heavy losses. Panasonic named a new president in February, while Sharp last month said it issued some 121.65 million new shares to Taiwanese manufacturer Foxconn which will becomes its largest shareholder.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japs suffered from serious group think syndrome, a 2 edged sword that can unify and
Propel the company when their CEO identified the right direction and a disaster otherwise,
When time change, successful companies like Sony face change of leadership and consumer
Expectation, competition and new technology emergence, the once successful product can fall
Back in the rapidly advancing market will cause panic and the uneasy experience of
Massive losses, which was never seen of in the past.
The leadership know they need to change but being a top down
and seniority base system, find it hard to innovate as it rest on the
Shoulder of just a few.

I walk the halls of Sony Nakasaki plant in my previous
Job and work with the PS3 team before, they are a highly discipline team,
I still hope Sony can transform and find their foothold again,
I like to see Sony come back.

Its not only Sony but Japanese consumer companies,,like cars, Panasonic etc,,,in the old days want to buy tv just go for panasonic cannot go wrong,,now have to look at Samsung..even their cars...designs etc loosing to the Koreans,,,Japanese seem to be recycling their old formula,,,and becoming like old Pommies...'you buy what i sell,,and if it does not meet yr needs,,there is something wrong with you' ,not you buy what u want sort of attitude. Look at the Honda Civic..came out sedan when everyone wanted hatchback,,Koreans focus on design..and people want hatchback they get hatch back,,

go on like this,,really hard to justify buying Japanese ..sigh