• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is Tiger Airways Still Allowed to Operate?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dec 12, 2009

Tiger Airways leaves her stranded with not a word of apology

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
IT IS curious that after a horrendous trip with Tiger Airways just two weeks back, I chanced on a report on Sunday, 'Travel with a safety net'. I cannot agree more on the importance of travel insurance and I hope readers will take heed and be prepared if they are going overseas. What happened was so ridiculous, I am still simmering.
On Nov 27, I was to return to Singapore after a wonderful time in Melbourne. I was to fly on Tiger Airways on the Melbourne-Perth-Singapore route as it has no direct flight from Melbourne to Singapore. While waiting for the flight in Melbourne, passengers were told that flight TT 598 was delayed but no reason was given.
After four hours of waiting, we finally set off from Melbourne airport and we found out, from the captain, that the reason for the delay was that Tiger Airways was understaffed. To solve this problem, Tiger had to fly in crew from Adelaide.
Due to this delay, my connecting flight from Perth to Singapore was long gone.
To say I was worried is an understatement. Tiger Airways has only one flight from Perth to Singapore daily. What was I to do? I hoped (now I realise I was gullible) there would be assistance from Tiger in Perth.
At Perth airport's domestic terminal, there was no one to help me, so I took an internal transfer from the domestic to international terminal. No one was there either to help me. Stranded alone in Perth, I was thankful for the free Internet service provided by Optus at the airport and searched Tiger Airways' website for an emergency contact number. After calling the so-called 'urgent' numbers, a recorded message told me the number operates from 9am to 9pm. It was already past midnight.
Next morning at 9am, I called the 'urgent' number again. I was put on hold for 45 minutes before someone answered. A Tiger Airways woman told me: 'There's nothing we can do.' She said the next available flight was three days later, on Tuesday. She said nothing about getting me on the next plane. No apology for the delay. Nothing on what I was to do for the next three days or how I was to survive. It did not matter the least bit I was alone, with no cash and the cellphone battery running low.
Once the Tiger Airways counter opened that evening, I told the officer about the missed flight. Because all flights were full, I had to wait for a no-show passenger. And get this, I had to pay for the flight again.
To cut a long story short, I got back because a passenger had a problem with his passport and could not get on board.
I faxed Tiger Airways a complaint letter on Monday. Yesterday, five days later, there was still no call from Tiger. How infuriating.
Chan Wai Fong (Miss)
<!-- story content : end -->

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, why is Tiger Airways allowed to operate under this horrendous circumstances?
How come our BALL-LESS SPH JOURNALISTS dont have the guts to interview their DIPLOMA HOLDER CEO, Tony Dumb Davis or their Marketing Manager Rosayln the Whore? Ask them why does Tiger always have these persistent service problems & what are they going to do about it?
If I can do the Ball-less Journalists jobs, i might as well send the rest of them to the Gulag. Hang on, Tiger dont even have a registered office address nor a service center. DIU!!!!!!!
Day in day out, i keep reading about passengers complain about Tiger. Theyre making Air India look good.
Is our ball-less journalists waiting until Tiger has a aircraft incident then only they'll move their butts?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i love air india, the food is solid, plenty of bollywood selections with english subtitles..

only thing i dun like is everytime the aircraft landed, some part of the plane will fall off...

but what the heck, the plane already landed almost in one piece.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NE-5S7WTSao&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NE-5S7WTSao&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serve you dumb Singaporeons right! Do you know who is the boss behind this operation? She can't be touched nor so the staff. If they give you an answer, please say a prayer of thanks.:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nothing will happens much, with the toothless tigers..

history will continue to repeat itself...

I would be shocked if anything was done about the complaints. Maybe if it was an angmo complaining got some chance but not if the complaint is from a Sporean.

Its the Spore brand lah

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Miss Chan, you dunno the words "Pay peanuts, get monkeys?" LOL :p:p:p

Then the entire political cabinet are MONKeys!! yah!:biggrin:

For the Fujian Wooden Go wife had determined the exchange rate for 1 peanut = S$600,000.

Then, we have a troop of MONKeys running the country, for they are paid "PEANUTS"...Yah!?:rolleyes:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then the entire political cabinet are MONKeys!! yah!:biggrin:

For the Fujian Wooden Go wife had determined the exchange rate for 1 peanut = S$600,000.

Then, we have a troop of MONKeys running the country, for they are paid "PEANUTS"...Yah!?:rolleyes:

What does this show?

Gabramen knows nuts about running a business!

Opposition got so many ammos still don't want to whack?