• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Why is Microsoft MD/PAP MP going against Govt Policy? Don't know? Don't Care?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jessicatan_pap_mp_microsoft_pinkdot_support_1.jpg

The Ministry of Home Affairs issued a press release saying that there had been media queries as to whether foreign companies could provide sponsorship for Pink Dot, an event held annually at Speakers’ Corner.

In its statement, the ministry said: “The Government’s position is that foreign entities should not interfere in our domestic issues … These are political, social or moral choices for Singaporeans to decide for ourselves.”

It also announced that it would “take steps to make it clear that foreign entities should not fund, support or influence” such events held at the Speakers’ Corner.

“In the context of LGBT issues, this will apply both to events that advocate the LGBT cause such as the Pink Dot, as well as events whose purpose is to oppose the LGBT cause,” the ministry said.

2016 saw the largest-ever turn-out of corporate support for Pink Dot SG, with a total of 18 Corporate Sponsors lending their support, up from nine the previous year. Returning sponsors include Google, Barclays, J. P. Morgan, The Gunnery, Goldman Sachs, BP, Bloomberg, and Twitter. This year, they were joined by Apple, Clifford Chance and Cavenagh Law, Facebook, General Electric, Gravitate, Infinite Frameworks, and Microsoft,

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can tell you now itself that next year will be drastically toned down. All the first World MNCs have a budget to promote gender and minority issues. The LGBT group is the most pronounced in demanding the sponsorship dollars. These guys will take photos of the event with their corporate sponsorship logos and send it back to the head office to say that their employees are involved and get a tick in the box.

The irony is that they however neglect local workers which should be the aim for such events unfortunately the LGBT interest group is more vociferous. The locals will for obvious reason will not gather and ask for the dollars for gender and race issue.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pink dot event is like getting genital herpes, you scratch it when it itch, it gets worse, you take antibiotics to treat it..it is only a topical relief, for " next year"....it will come back with a "bigger itch". In the first place, the government, is this is what they are saying:

In its statement, the ministry said: “The Government’s position is that foreign entities should not interfere in our domestic issues … These are political, social or moral choices for Singaporeans to decide for ourselves.”

It also announced that it would “take steps to make it clear that foreign entities should not fund, support or influence” such events held at the Speakers’ Corner.

“In the context of LGBT issues, this will apply both to events that advocate the LGBT cause such as the Pink Dot, as well as events whose purpose is to oppose the LGBT cause,” the ministry said"

They should have made a firm stand, in the first place & said NO to this event, long time back....not something, you " want to please some people, some of the time, not all the time".

A firm NO, would have stopped the "itch"....now, they have open the "pandora box"..... you antagonise the "big boys/girls" of APPLE, MICROSOFT etc...it is " you do you die, don't do you die also"...SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THE "HERPES" BEFORE IT TOOK ROOT....this is the kind of decisions our people in power make?....we are in dire straits.:mad:

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what you get when you allow closet gays or bisexuals to run the state...... what they do in their bedrooms is not our concern, but they seem to want to ram their Agenda down our very heterosexual throats......

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont interfere with domestic issue,dont interfere withh domestic issue.what are we?north korea?arse loong and lky love to shoot their mouths off and tell other countries china japanwhat to do no?fucking cheebye,investing 2 billion in Australia defense,is that not interfering with other countries policies?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, if MP are required to be full time, then they will have to be paid $500k?

It is always better to have a full time person who is really interested in serving the country, rather than one who is only interested in the famiLee business . Just look at LHL & Ho Ching & where their priorities are.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't know this member of parliament existed until now:o

Neither did I.

I've worked with US MNC's & the MD is usually a very busy person & wouldn't have the time to moonlight. In fact I think there is a policy forbidding employees from moonlighting.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither did I.

I've worked with US MNC's & the MD is usually a very busy person & wouldn't have the time to moonlight. In fact I think there is a policy forbidding employees from moonlighting.

No true lah. You have a belief that MNCs need you. When they are overseas, their offices are for publicity and tax avoidance. The people in those units are unimportant and totally inexpendable. The hoop jumping business is a guise to prevent people working there from realizing it. The jobs can be automated anytime and returned to their country of origin. I know many a jiak liao bee MD in MNC. The powerpoint presentations are done by the secretary and seriously, some ang gong can tell you what?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No true lah. You have a belief that MNCs need you. When they are overseas, their offices are for publicity and tax avoidance. The people in those units are unimportant and totally inexpendable. The hoop jumping business is a guise to prevent people working there from realizing it. The jobs can be automated anytime and returned to their country of origin. I know many a jiak liao bee MD in MNC. The powerpoint presentations are done by the secretary and seriously, some ang gong can tell you what?

I used to work for one of the most profitable MNCs & the reason they were so profitable was because of the low head count & hard working employees which included the R&D. Every 6 months we had to do an evaluation of how we did & set our future targets.

Granted there are bloated organisations like the PAP & how over staffed the Spore gov't is, but I am surprised that Microsoft is one of those companies. I know about their crappy products but really surprised that their senior management have the time to indulge in politics.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to work for one of the most profitable MNCs & the reason they were so profitable was because of the low head count & hard working employees which included the R&D. Every 6 months we had to do an evaluation of how we did & set our future targets.

Granted there are bloated organisations like the PAP & how over staffed the Spore gov't is, but I am surprised that Microsoft is one of those companies. I know about their crappy products but really surprised that their senior management have the time to indulge in politics.

Microsoft crappy OS, we all know, we had no choice back then to start with DOS 1.0, that was where I started all the way to Windows 1.0, Windows ME, Windows 95 etc...I jumped over to MAC....& never looked back....

If you compare with PAP...it is the same with Microsoft...from PAP 1.0, to now, the "multimedia" PAP 50.1, other than huge changes in their U.I. everything else, deep inside it is still PAP 1.0

Getting a Microsoft head in PAP...is a match made in "good heavens"....they were meant for each other...both still producing crappy OS since version 1.0...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you compare with PAP...it is the same with Microsoft...from PAP 1.0, to now, the "multimedia" PAP 50.1, other than huge changes in their U.I. everything else, deep inside it is still PAP 1.0

Getting a Microsoft head in PAP...is a match made in "good heavens"....they were meant for each other...both still producing crappy OS since version 1.0...

Yes I did read that the PAP & Microsoft are doing more things together. Looks like the troubled Spore MRT system will soon have company:wink: