• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is GMS keep attacking WP everyday?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Has it occurred to you that it would be worst if VB mentioned about that email, to make a solid point about WP's inconsistent dishonest flip flop in its argument? :wink: Just count your blessings for that, they aren't that smart yet.

The Whites definitely have more information than released by now and don't underestimate PM Lee, he won't just step in if he doesn't have full confidence in the case. i.e. they might just have all evidence ready to take a further step. He has basically hinted in his press release something is very wrong. An ultimatum of some sort. Ignore if you wish. I just have to sit down and watch this saga unveils with my popcorn ready.

Goh Meng Seng

I never knew Alex was an "apologetic supporter of WP". At the GE in 2011, he was helping SDP.

It's true his title seems that way, but I went on to read the text and context. Alex still reminded that the mystery NEA email contributed to the confusion and he took this point without sidestepping it.

PM Lee and VB made no mention of the NEA email as if it did not exist, but claims to be comprehensive and above coverup.

GMS (to his credit also did not shirk) expressed absolute sympathy and forgiveness to the NEA officer whom he explained on her behalf was sleepy after coming back from leave - the same benefit we can be sure will not be given even to distant neutral parties linked by a millimetre to anything that says "WP".

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has it occurred to you that it would be worst if VB mentioned about that email, to make a solid point about WP's inconsistent dishonest flip flop in its argument? :wink: Just count your blessings for that, they aren't that smart yet.

I don't think so. I would like very much for him to come clean (in his own words) on how the email came about and what actions have been taken against the officer (not that I want to see her sacked but reprimanded, warned, advised or corrected is also acceptable).

Releasing the email, apologize and challenging WP to do the same for Tai case - if VB does that, that is smart. Releasing the email showing NEA's mistake and expecting it to somehow magically bring down WP instead - you are right, that is not smart.

The Whites definitely have more information than released by now and don't underestimate PM Lee, he won't just step in if he doesn't have full confidence in the case. i.e. they might just have all evidence ready to take a further step. He has basically hinted in his press release something is very wrong. An ultimatum of some sort. Ignore if you wish. I just have to sit down and watch this saga unveils with my popcorn ready.

My reading is that the PAP is trying to divide and conquer (which was pointed out by a ST reporter herself) and also entice WP to file its first lawsuit so that no one can accuse PAP of being the only trigger happy party.

I am sure if PAP finds more than that, there will be a probe, investigation etc. The absence of this until now is glaring.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I feel so sorry for WP and its people to stoop so low in standards, only getting comfort from contesting in who stinks more contest by stating PAP stinks more... but stinking as they are, WP still stinks like shit to many people.

I don't think so. The point is, if everyone expects everyone else be perfect except themselves, then of course no one will be perfect. This is logical.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng et al,

PM Lee's salvo against WP (actually against Sylvia and pritam) actually marks the end of the saga.

There is nothing further for either side to add. The PAP has made a mountain out of a molehill and WP has stated eons ago that it is committed to fulfilling all its obligations. Timetables for cleaning tasks were finalized eons ago.

The whole wayang show by PAP has left a bad taste in the mouth of any reasonable person. If they carry on it will be they suffering a greater backlash.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesn't really matter, what matters most is that it is a valid point against WP. Such argument was first put up by Smart Alec Pritam in reply to NEA. He is just too smart for his own good.

We can give a lot of benefits of doubt over whether Tai has told hawkers to pay extra or not but this flip flopping of argument is the most glaring dishonest attempt to argue for the sake of argument.

It would have been best for WP just cut loss there and then, do an investigation and apology to hawkers, instead of carry out such dishonest attempt which end up with the present sorry state. Kiang jiu hor, mai gei kiang lah!

Goh Meng Seng

Please join PAP and end your secrecy

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is being said here is basically PM and PAP chief Lee Hsien Loong's points and regurgitation.

that was my thought.... those that dun want to waste 36minutes of their life watching the parliament session could just read rabid gohms's short and sweet summary

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is a suicide note:

Our MPs’ consciences are clear
We refer to the statement issued by the Prime Minister’s Office on 12 July 2013.
The various allegations against the integrity of Workers’ Party’s Members of Parliament contained in the statement have already been fully responded to and rejected by the Party, both in and out of Parliament.

Regarding the cleaning of hawker centres, we have put forth the facts as we have found them, based on our own earlier investigations. We defended our position in Parliament on 9 July 2013 with a clear conscience.

This matter has been in the public headlines since late May. We have made our position known both inside and outside Parliament and the relevant documents are already in the public domain, so the public can make its own judgment on the matter. We do not find it productive to continue debating and arguing with the ruling party over this issue.

The Prime Minister referred to the Workers’ Party’s slogan for General Election 2011: “Towards a First World Parliament”. The concept of a First World Parliament is not about the People’s Action Party or the Workers’ Party, but about what Singaporeans want for our country and what they believe is necessary to secure our country’s future.

LOW THIA KHIANG
SECRETARY-GENERAL, THE WORKERS’ PARTY
MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT (ALJUNIED GRC)
13 Jul 2013

WP said it will respond to PM statement. See what comes out.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WP said it will respond to PM statement. See what comes out.

WP's statement is now out. As I said in my earlier post (before the statement was released), there is nothing further to add. WP has already clarified all allegations, and also committed to fulfilling all its responsibilities under the TC act.

The whole parliamentary debate has been pointless, and a political show that achieves nothing for the residents. No new facts were uncovered, and all accusations made have already been addressed even prior to the parliamentary session.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a suicide note:

Our MPs’ consciences are clear
We refer to the statement issued by the Prime Minister’s Office on 12 July 2013.
The various allegations against the integrity of Workers’ Party’s Members of Parliament contained in the statement have already been fully responded to and rejected by the Party, both in and out of Parliament.

Regarding the cleaning of hawker centres, we have put forth the facts as we have found them, based on our own earlier investigations. We defended our position in Parliament on 9 July 2013 with a clear conscience.

This matter has been in the public headlines since late May. We have made our position known both inside and outside Parliament and the relevant documents are already in the public domain, so the public can make its own judgment on the matter. We do not find it productive to continue debating and arguing with the ruling party over this issue.

The Prime Minister referred to the Workers’ Party’s slogan for General Election 2011: “Towards a First World Parliament”. The concept of a First World Parliament is not about the People’s Action Party or the Workers’ Party, but about what Singaporeans want for our country and what they believe is necessary to secure our country’s future.

LOW THIA KHIANG
SECRETARY-GENERAL, THE WORKERS’ PARTY
MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT (ALJUNIED GRC)
13 Jul 2013

Compare and contrast to that of SPF Police Commissioner when the SPF integrity is also being questioned...

http://news.insing.com/tabloid/police-commissioner-kovan-murders/id-d9773f00

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
that it is not enough, if you want a balanced approach, pm lee should explain it himself.

“I’ve said that first of all, what’s important is the SPF continues to work with relevant authorities. The suspect has been caught and I’ve said previously, let’s move on.” – PM Low

Your balanced approach.