• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Goh Meng Seng allow Nicole Seah climb all over him?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think you taking the advice wrongly. I thought it was great advice and he means to help you or whoever is in charge of grooming potential candidates. That is probably the most intense and valuable post in a long while.

Dear Scroobal,

Sorry that I have made you mistaken. I understand that he has given good advice but I didn't mean to put him down. Read my comment from another perspective and you will know what I mean.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You can be assured that I have no agenda other than to give my comments on what I have seen in the GE and PE. I am nobody. During the GE, I thought that NSP was the party to match WP and do well to keep the PAP in check. This is what all out us here want. I also thought that NSP would stand well in the 2016 GE and at least win a SMC hopefully if well planned and executed- a GRC. But the NSP position during the PE was a disaster- You GMS was standing on the side of TKL and your two other strongmen were on the side of TJS. What really happened was that you showed the public that NSP was a party deeply divided even during its infancy stage. I think that you , GMS should retreat to the high mountains and think deeply on the direction of NSP. Do not say that you have resigned as GS and it is none of your business. This is no child's play, when you make a stand everyone assumes that you made thought long and hard and that you are 100% sure of what you represent. You even mentioned the financial sacrifice that you have made. All these on a whim and fancy? Think again. It is not as issue of your ego but what you really are and represent. Going by what happened in the PE, you are actually telling us that even if your team get elected in the GE, before even the 1st parliament sitting you are already a house divided. If this is the case then you have no business taking part in any elections. I don't represent anyone or party but I take my vote seriously and I think you should too.

Dear Jedi,

My comment is not meant for you but aimed at others. My apology if I got it wrongly understood. :smile:

Most of the time, people are influenced by those surrounding them. Of course, there will be some who will come with honey coated mouth to give "poisonous advice".

Put it simply, I am not even CEC member right now, it doesn't matter who I support. Nor am I in the position to "give advice". The Party stated that it will not make any official stance and individual members can support their preferred candidates on their own personal capacity. I think that is good as the party would respect each individual member's right to support their own preferred candidates. Of course, people would view it otherwise but NSP is not the only party with members supporting different candidates.

NSP is run quite differently from other parties like WP. It is run based on democratic principles, paying due respect to the rights of individual members. I would not speculate what will happen if we have people voted into parliament but there will be agreement on how to run a campaign. The Party manifesto is the basic guidelines on what we believe in as a Party and we should not contradict that. Other than that, it is NUTS.

In other countries, it is common for parliamentarians or Congress men to hold different views and vote differently from party lines. The core beliefs may be there but variant of views on specific issues are common as well.

Personally, I have thought through very carefully why I should support TKL and why not TJS. Once such decision is made, I won't be endorsing nor taking photo shots with some other candidates. It is a matter of principle to me.

Admittedly, there is an urgent need of full integration of members from the ex-RP members with current old members to gel them together but I do not think we should curtail the freedom of expression and thoughts by individual members.

I am sitting quite comfortably on top of some hill (not really high mountain) in HK and watching things happening around the world, not just Singapore. Though much personal sacrifices have been made to NSP in the past but I would take it easy from now, in terms of NSP matters. I wouldn't lose much sleep over it because there are more important things and issues for me to tackle now, while NSP has a new SG now. I won't even think of going back to NSP be SG again because I have realized that there are more interesting and meaningful things to do out here!

If you have dealt with teenagers before, you would know that sometimes, the best thing to do is not to give any advice to them nor lecture them in any ways. Sometimes, the best way is to let them experience the fall or failure in a measured way so that they would learn better.

Goh Meng Seng

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Jedi,

My comment is not meant for you but aimed at others. My apology if I got it wrongly understood. :smile:

Most of the time, people are influenced by those surrounding them. Of course, there will be some who will come with honey coated mouth to give "poisonous advice".

Put it simply, I am not even CEC member right now, it doesn't matter who I support. Nor am I in the position to "give advice". The Party stated that it will not make any official stance and individual members can support their preferred candidates on their own personal capacity. I think that is good as the party would respect each individual member's right to support their own preferred candidates. Of course, people would view it otherwise but NSP is not the only party with members supporting different candidates.

NSP is run quite differently from other parties like WP. It is run based on democratic principles, paying due respect to the rights of individual members. I would not speculate what will happen if we have people voted into parliament but there will be agreement on how to run a campaign. The Party manifesto is the basic guidelines on what we believe in as a Party and we should not contradict that. Other than that, it is NUTS.

In other countries, it is common for parliamentarians or Congress men to hold different views and vote differently from party lines. The core beliefs may be there but variant of views on specific issues are common as well.

Personally, I have thought through very carefully why I should support TKL and why not TJS. Once such decision is made, I won't be endorsing nor taking photo shots with some other candidates. It is a matter of principle to me.

Admittedly, there is an urgent need of full integration of members from the ex-RP members with current old members to gel them together but I do not think we should curtail the freedom of expression and thoughts by individual members.

I am sitting quite comfortably on top of some hill (not really high mountain) in HK and watching things happening around the world, not just Singapore. Though much personal sacrifices have been made to NSP in the past but I would take it easy from now, in terms of NSP matters. I wouldn't lose much sleep over it because there are more important things and issues for me to tackle now, while NSP has a new SG now. I won't even think of going back to NSP be SG again because I have realized that there are more interesting and meaningful things to do out here!

If you have dealt with teenagers before, you would know that sometimes, the best thing to do is not to give any advice to them nor lecture them in any ways. Sometimes, the best way is to let them experience the fall or failure in a measured way so that they would learn better.

Goh Meng Seng

Having lost all leadership positions, what are you then?

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng did not answer my question on why did he sell his HDB flat for NSP despite not being a power-holder.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng did not answer my question on why did he sell his HDB flat for NSP despite not being a power-holder.

I think that I'm qualified to reply to this on his behalf since I was there when he made the decision. It had nothing to do with being in position of power or not. He just wanted to support as many candidates as possible, whether he himself was in position of power not. If everybody must want power before they contribute, then I worry.

Last edited:

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a great sacrifice Goh Meng Seng made. Looks like Sebastian either is a big-ass baboon or Goh Meng Seng is dumb.

I think that I'm qualified to reply to this on his behalf since I was there when he made the decision. It had nothing to do with being in position of power or not. He just wanted to support as many candidates as possible, whether he himself was in position of power not. If everybody must want power before they contribute, then I worry.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CannonFairy said:
That's a great sacrifice Goh Meng Seng made. Looks like Sebastian either is a big-ass baboon or Goh Meng Seng is dumb.

The PE was a tale of intrigues. One candidate joined briefly the TKL camp and a good doctor friend of his also tried to join the TCB camp before announcing his own candidacy. I think this must be what GMS meant by to learn from failure for young politicians. GMS was not dumb. He was only out-manoeuvred by someone whom we do not know what his true agenda was.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Good riddance to you. Go lose yourself in your wanking and don't come back again.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I begin to see Goh Meng Seng in a different light since Scroobal and Goldendragon's revelations. I have always felt Goh Meng Seng is an odd chap.

He was in WP, hopped to NSP, sold his HDB flat (considering he is not a power wielder in NSP), groomed Nicole Seah (allow her to climb all over him), and disappears from NSP. But he has never succeeded in GE.

Goh Meng Seng, what is the latest PAP's instruction to you now? Put you back to PAP's shadow CEC?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I begin to see Goh Meng Seng in a different light since Scroobal and Goldendragon's revelations. I have always felt Goh Meng Seng is an odd chap.

He was in WP, hopped to NSP, sold his HDB flat (considering he is not a power wielder in NSP), groomed Nicole Seah (allow her to climb all over him), and disappears from NSP. But he has never succeeded in GE.

Goh Meng Seng, what is the latest PAP's instruction to you now? Put you back to PAP's shadow CEC?

Dear CannonFairy,

If I really tell you the truth, you will be totally shocked at what I did in terms of counter-intelligence! :wink:

There are reasons why I quit from WP to join NSP eventually. Very important decisions I have made in shaping political development which I deem fit. Without this important decisions, things may be very different from now...

Goh Meng Seng

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are reasons why I quit from WP to join NSP eventually. Very important decisions I have made in shaping political development which I deem fit. Without this important decisions, things may be very different from now...

Goh Meng Seng

How very self-absorbed. Typical Goh Meng Seng. You quitted WP because you felt you were sidelined by Low Thia Khiang. Its as simple as that. In essence, same reason as Chia Ti Lik, but both of you were smart enough to give different reasons publicly so as not to appear coordinated.

What you did after that is commendable -- not talking bad about WP, maintaining the friendships, etc.

ARE YOU SURE you want to risk destroying all that by displaying such a cavalier attitude, making it sound that your exit from WP was a momentous political decision that shaped all of Singapore opposition politics?

For all the good you have done your bloody ego gets in the way.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Nothing bad or good. Death is the only certainty in life, all the others are fluid and depends very much on situations. LTK sidelined me? I didn't really know that maybe you know better than me. But yes, we have our differences and it is quite normal. If not, I would just be a worm in his tummy! :wink: Not very healthy for political progress.

Any decisions made are not based on any singular factor. Many factors in play and many considerations to be made. You can't really satisfy all conditions and considerations but just make the best decisions which make strategic sense. Ultimately, nobody will look at what are the considerations you have made but just look at what decisions you have made and the results that come with such decisions.

I am fortunate enough to go through the path which is more or less I desire. Well, there will be many people who will hate me for that, feel cheated, feel played out, out-manoeuvred but all these have nothing to do with me. They have their own hidden agendas and they have been misled by their own desires, ego and secret missions and thought they could make use of others and me for their own ends. But it proves otherwise and so be it. They will have to answer to their own masters. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

How very self-absorbed. Typical Goh Meng Seng. You quitted WP because you felt you were sidelined by Low Thia Khiang. Its as simple as that. In essence, same reason as Chia Ti Lik, but both of you were smart enough to give different reasons publicly so as not to appear coordinated.

What you did after that is commendable -- not talking bad about WP, maintaining the friendships, etc.

ARE YOU SURE you want to risk destroying all that by displaying such a cavalier attitude, making it sound that your exit from WP was a momentous political decision that shaped all of Singapore opposition politics?

For all the good you have done your bloody ego gets in the way.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am fortunate enough to go through the path which is more or less I desire. Well, there will be many people who will hate me for that, feel cheated, feel played out, out-manoeuvred but all these have nothing to do with me. They have their own hidden agendas and they have been misled by their own desires, ego and secret missions and thought they could make use of others and me for their own ends. But it proves otherwise and so be it. They will have to answer to their own masters. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

There will always be movement and change in the political space, so no one in his/her right mind should feel betrayed. If anything, you are the one being made use of. Remember PAP's grand strategy is not to conquer the opposition, but to make sure it is evenly split such that no single entity dominates.

There are two lessons you still have failed to take away:

(1) Low Thia Khiang believes that in order to be a good leader, you must first be a good follower. In that sense, you were seen as jumping the gun because of your headstrong attitude. To a lesser extent, you were not seen as being very press savvy.

(2) Your ego is so big it blinds you to strategy and tactic. You are still making things up as you go along. What is your grand strategy? Your ego is your grand strategy. That is a time bomb waiting to happen.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Haha.... well, it is difficult to explain to you certain things but it is ok. :wink: Those who realize it, will know it, those who fail to realize it, ignorance is bliss actually. :wink:

At this moment while you are ranting away, my "strategy" has already been set in motion all along! :wink:

Don't be easily fooled by what you see and don't always think that you always know better. What you can see at the surface most probably are just smokescreens and deceptions. What you fail to see within is most probably the most delicate plot that comes by even without everyone knowing. For one to learn to see deeper than the surface of what is happening, one will have to close his eyes and try to make sense of the linkages, not simply speculations or based on bias hearsay.

Goh Meng Seng

P.S. Well, I have given too many clues already and shall refrain from doing so. This is one last one: most punches are pulled behind the screens and sometimes, below the belt. :wink: The highest level of success is to make your opponents feel that they have the upper hand while in effect, you are making them doing things exactly what you want them to do.

There will always be movement and change in the political space, so no one in his/her right mind should feel betrayed. If anything, you are the one being made use of. Remember PAP's grand strategy is not to conquer the opposition, but to make sure it is evenly split such that no single entity dominates.

There are two lessons you still have failed to take away:

(1) Low Thia Khiang believes that in order to be a good leader, you must first be a good follower. In that sense, you were seen as jumping the gun because of your headstrong attitude. To a lesser extent, you were not seen as being very press savvy.

(2) Your ego is so big it blinds you to strategy and tactic. You are still making things up as you go along. What is your grand strategy? Your ego is your grand strategy. That is a time bomb waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CannonFairy said:

Ever look at it another way. It is not PAP's shadow CEC but WP's shadow CEC. Possible?