• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do people need to be stimulated and 'stay connected' all the time?

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everywhere I go, I see people using iphones/smartphones all the time. they are either playing games, listening to music, watching video or "staying connected" by telling the whole world where they had lunch 5 mins ago in facebook or checking their mailbox every 5 mins.

Where do they need to be "stimulated and staying connected" every minute of the day? Where do they get all that mental energy from? To me its just a damn waste of time, money and energy.

jw5

Loyal
Everywhere I go, I see people using iphones/smartphones all the time. they are either playing games, listening to music, watching video or "staying connected" by telling the whole world where they had lunch 5 mins ago in facebook or checking their mailbox every 5 mins.

Where do they need to be "stimulated and staying connected" every minute of the day? Where do they get all that mental energy from? To me its just a damn waste of time, money and energy.
That's because if they are stimulated and not connected, they will cum all over the place. :o :biggrin:

Seriously though bro, it's due to 2 reasons:
-- the fear of isolation or loneliness (see the report about SG youngsters eating alone)
-- the notion that the world revolves around themselves (cannot even take a minute to look around)

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Most Sinkies never actually got past their adolescence, mentally at least.

Seriously though bro, it's due to 2 reasons:
-- the fear of isolation or loneliness (see the report about SG youngsters eating alone)
-- the notion that the world revolves around themselves (cannot even take a minute to look around)

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think more like the people nowadays have lost the ability or skill to interact face-to-face so when they don't have things to do, best excuse is to 'get connected'.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think more like the people nowadays have lost the ability or skill to interact face-to-face so when they don't have things to do, best excuse is to 'get connected'.

It is not the need to be stimulated or stay connected.
It is about being seen with a iphone.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... or "staying connected" by telling the whole world where they had lunch 5 mins ago in facebook or checking their mailbox every 5 mins.

really beh tahan when see people facebook, telling the whole world what they are doing, complaining, gossiping, showing off by saying "UK now very cold, next stop , Italy ... " blah blah... :rolleyes:

Who cares ... :rolleyes:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, and I think they are addicted to their iphones. It reminds me of those days when I'm a smoker. When I'm out of a building, after a meal, step out of the train, waiting for people, step out of the train..............I will habitually reach for my cigarettes. Nowadays, they just reach out for their iphone.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
really beh tahan when see people facebook, telling the whole world what they are doing, complaining, gossiping, showing off by saying "UK now very cold, next stop , Italy ... " blah blah... :rolleyes:

Who cares ... :rolleyes:

Ya man, there was this ex classmate of mine who is now a rich indonesian tai tai. She seems to on vacation 365 days a year and she must have posted a billion pics in facebook. Who the fark wants to see her and her family a billion times in different background.............even if she post nude, I would have got bored by the 3rd pic.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason is because right now, with facebook, twitter and such social media outlets, there is now a channel for people to display the "vain" side of them, which includes being seen at the hippest venues, in the most expensive clothings, wearing high-end stuffs etc.. bascially just to show-off and these platforms make it seem "less-delieberate" since everyone else is doing it and less turn-off.

You are right in a way that it is a waste of time, as the time could have been put to better use.. like ....... inventing "facebook" :biggrin:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a thread worth refreshing given the forum is now funked.

Do we really need to go to forums daily just to check whether I can post new threads? :(

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal

The soft generation. These wannabe socialites take their inconsequential worlds to their bedrooms too.

Like you say, they seem to need to have to be seen doing something, and doing what other people do, even to themselves, which is quite pathetic.

Now I am more convinced people are born sheep. And that twitter too, it's like having another cell phone with sms beeps enabled 24/7, only that the world knows the second number. They really love their computers and hate idleness I can tell, these twits HAHAHA.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason is because right now, with facebook, twitter and such social media outlets, there is now a channel for people to display the "vain" side of them, which includes being seen at the hippest venues, in the most expensive clothings, wearing high-end stuffs etc.. bascially just to show-off and these platforms make it seem "less-delieberate" since everyone else is doing it and less turn-off.

You are right in a way that it is a waste of time, as the time could have been put to better use.. like ....... inventing "facebook" :biggrin:

Yup, dickface book, and twitter for twits. I bet these geeks probably spend less time on these things they created to create more of these things HAHAHA :biggrin::wink::rolleyes:

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not just that. It's to be seen doing what others do, and having the latest trendiest gadgets that others have (I am repeating myself I know).

If cheap monochrome cell phones and even those retro black pagers become the social trend they'd go for them too.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does that include getting that compulsive fix in SBF? There are many here who groaned and moaned when they couldnt get into SBF. It's the only life they know.