• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do people like to wear Rolex?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A normal watch also tells time, but to the rich who buy branded watches, it's called "timepiece", not watch.

My dad bought that for me in better times. Yes, it's more of a piece of jewellery. :biggrin:

I bought a "Patek Philippe" for less than S$40 at Ho Chi Minh more than a year ago and it's still running very well. I Regret i didn't buy more.

Lucky you didn't buy more, otherwise got arrested for smuggling pirated watches. :eek:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi drifter, if i am not wrong, your 1970s Rolex Vintage Daytona Paul Newman Chronograph would be worth 100 plus k now if its really mint and in good condition.

you are also a watch collector ? you have done your homework:smile: i brought it when it was just usd$80k , now its worth us$150k ....and im not going to sell it .:smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you are rich, you have houses, fast cars, stocks and cash. You may even have a few mistresses.

Wearing an expensive watch doesn't mean you are rich.

its not about being rich or wanted to show off ...its means that you appreciate the history of the finest time piece as hobby ...thats all . of course its a investment too . some people like to buy gold as investment , for me i just invest in good watches .

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is genuine alright. The water will stay. If it rolls off, it is a fake. Yes, when brand new there is a 3D hologram sticker.

Eh, what you mean water will stay? you mean put a few drops of water on the face and see if it stays or roll off?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree, unfortunately in Asia, most only know just Rolex. Try bringing in a Panerai to a 2nd hand dealer, some might not even know it.

panerai already in the market for so long , its one of collector's favourite due to its size . but only 7 years ago singaporean collector knew about them , because some angmo and japanese actors and actress has been wearing it . and because of that , japan market push up the demand of panerai affecting asian market watch collector . there is even a period of time that its out of stocks ..making the demand go higher ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No use wearing a watch no one recognizes, I have Rolex, Pam and Hublot but only wear Rolex, as females only know that brand.

you dont need people to know that you are wearing a time piece ..those who know it will know it ..

i never wear expensive brand shirt that show the " logo " outside . if you are into the finest thing in life , you will know what i mean .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Take the Rolex Challenge! Is this a genuine or fake Rolex?

2232204267_9b69ce393f_z.jpg

just by looking at the photo , even rolex company CEO also dont know ..:wink:

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh, what you mean water will stay? you mean put a few drops of water on the face and see if it stays or roll off?

Yes, the water will stay ("ball up"). Just one drop good enough, If it is fake, the water will roll off.

One of the easiest way to authenticate a Rolex watch is to check the Case Reference Number. These are numbers engraved on the side of the case.

Most of the time, fakes has the same numbers. A very common number used by the counterfieters is R863698. If your Rolex has this number, it is certain it is a fake.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tong ur head lah.... tong centre dun sell rolex! they will refer you to lucky plaza to buy one. wanna bullshit pls bullshit properly

I think you've mistaken it for Tung Centre.

Incidentally, Tong Building is next to Lucky Plaza.