• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do people buy Moon cakes?

ShyGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's unhealthy. It's useless folk culture. It breeds consumerism. It serves no nutritional benefits.

And worse, colleagues and friends discussing which moon cake manufacturers have the nicest looking box on WhatsApp Group Chat.

Are they eating the box too?

I really find society and human beings getting shallower and shallower as the day passes by.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For indulgence and giving to others as gifts.

Some also like to bake them, and maybe sell them.

I really find society and human beings getting shallower and shallower as the day passes by.

Have you considered taking a walk at Pandan Reservoir? It really clears up your mind. I used to go there often, but they demolished the exercise corner there earlier this year to build a shitty MRT station. :rolleyes:

ShyGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
For indulgence and giving to others as gifts.

Some also like to bake them, and maybe sell them.
Gifting breeds corruption. On baking for self consumption, I am fine.

Have you considered taking a walk at Pandan Reservoir? It really clears up your mind. I used to go there often, but they demolished the exercise corner there earlier this year to build a shitty MRT station. :rolleyes:
I don't recall this. What about Pandan reservoir? What's there that are interesting to see for a walk?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gifting breeds corruption. On baking for self consumption, I am fine.

I don't recall this. What about Pandan reservoir? What's there that are interesting to see for a walk?
Try walking there after midnite and you might have some stories to share the next day.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's unhealthy. It's useless folk culture. It breeds consumerism. It serves no nutritional benefits.

And worse, colleagues and friends discussing which moon cake manufacturers have the nicest looking box on WhatsApp Group Chat.

Are they eating the box too?

Oh you are absolutely right. We should celebrate Xmas eve by waiting for Santa to come down the chimney bearing gifts. Also to celebrate Valentine Day by exchanging gifts and hopefully end up with a good fuck in the evening. Anymore Angmoh practices I am missing ? LOL.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh you are absolutely right. We should celebrate Xmas eve by waiting for Santa to come down the chimney bearing gifts. Also to celebrate Valentine Day by exchanging gifts and hopefully end up with a good fuck in the evening. Anymore Angmoh practices I am missing ? LOL.

Halloween.

67560252_10156817217684690_5642816076019400704_o.jpg