• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do CID police officers behave like gangsters even when off duty?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was a teenager, they had these VC (Vigilante Corp) patrols, we called them tangkap tikus. All they did was walk around and harass small boy. Once they even took away my skateboard. Bastards.
'tangkap tikus' came about last time when you can choose to serve NS part time in police force (over a 10 years period or thereabouts).
These part timers wear a uniform that was white top and blue pants, if not wrong. They cannot carry firearms only got baton, thus the term was coined that baton used to 'beat rats'.
Later this uniform was adopted by NSFs.
I stand corrected, any well informed bros to share?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'tangkap tikus' came about last time when you can choose to serve NS part time in police force (over a 10 years period or thereabouts).
These part timers wear a uniform that was white top and blue pants, if not wrong. They cannot carry firearms only got baton, thus the term was coined that baton used to 'beat rats'.

those NS guys who wear blue uniform, we call SC. that means O levels and above. they will study law and other police stuff, training 6 mth. so they can help out the regulars in performing as policing duty.

those NS guys who wear white or "tangkap tikus" or 打老鼠 in hokkien. we call VC. that means they are like hokkien peng in army. mostly below O levels, some even dunno angmo at all!!! :eek: cant even update pocket book, but still have to update lah. training 3 mth. they are expected to supplement the manpower of the regulars. i think physical work or sentry duty still ok. paper work mostly cannot.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
The VC mostly got juvenile records deemed unsuitable to be entrusted with firearms. They dare not even put them in the army where handling rifle is a must. Yes, good extra manpower in police patrol and operation. I'm SC anyway. :wink:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The VC mostly got juvenile records deemed unsuitable to be entrusted with firearms. They dare not even put them in the army where handling rifle is a must. Yes, good extra manpower in police patrol and operation. I'm SC anyway. :wink:

more like general workers in spf, pump petrol or orang minyak. got event, ask them to lay out chairs and tables. got exercise ask them to set up command centre. really like general workers. dont worry, i know u r a SC.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What the hell 10 yr period?

Wah what kind of NS is this? Unless reservice is also counted.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But even in the army they have hokkien pengs with tattoes and they handle firearms.

You mean to tell me they have some of these ppl with such records that they cannot even serve in hokkien peng platoon?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the hell 10 yr period?

Wah what kind of NS is this? Unless reservice is also counted.

They used to have this scheme to serve 10 years NS.
A few times a week after office hours go serve NS part time.
Those who chose this scheme were lucky as the scheme was cancelled after a few years and these pioneer batches served discounted NS.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They used to have this scheme to serve 10 years NS.
A few times a week after office hours go serve NS part time.
Those who chose this scheme were lucky as the scheme was cancelled after a few years and these pioneer batches served discounted NS.

wah they didn't force them to serve their remaining time?

That must have been a long time back.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hey bro thanks for this info. Yeah it does make sense. These cid ppl are pai kias with police badges. Yeah you need to have triad connections to know activities and of course ppl with proper back ground like from elite family wouldn't have it.

Has any CID officer broken the law and become a pai kia instead?

Please lah, all these CID, u can also include ISD, SIB, etc. frontline personnel are all similar to these so call gangsters. They are all cowards. They have a false bravado, you challenge them a little, and you will see their balls shrink to peanuts. Next time you see a group of them behaving like pai kia in public, just take out your handphone and video them, or stare at them until they come over and challenge you. When they come over, ask them who their supervisor is and what division they are from. If you look and talk like an educated person, and one with some means, they will back down. When they ask to see your IC, show it to them, ask them to remember your name. They don't know who u know, if you are connected or not. Last thing they want is some MP, or Minister or Perm Sec's assistant call their boss to ask why they are harassing you. many years ago, I got into an argument with some ISD apuneh who thought he was king shit. I remember he was shouting at me. Later, I was quite surprised when he came and apologize. These fuckers would never apologize to some one like say a hawker stall assistant, but they know better than to fuck with someone who appears to be a little higher up the food chain.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please lah, all these CID, u can also include ISD, SIB, etc. frontline personnel are all similar to these so call gangsters. They are all cowards. They have a false bravado, you challenge them a little, and you will see their balls shrink to peanuts. Next time you see a group of them behaving like pai kia in public, just take out your handphone and video them, or stare at them until they come over and challenge you. When they come over, ask them who their supervisor is and what division they are from. If you look and talk like an educated person, and one with some means, they will back down. When they ask to see your IC, show it to them, ask them to remember your name. They don't know who u know, if you are connected or not. Last thing they want is some MP, or Minister or Perm Sec's assistant call their boss to ask why they are harassing you. many years ago, I got into an argument with some ISD apuneh who thought he was king shit. I remember he was shouting at me. Later, I was quite surprised when he came and apologize. These fuckers would never apologize to some one like say a hawker stall assistant, but they know better than to fuck with someone who appears to be a little higher up the food chain.

wah keling again. Care to share the incident what led to him shouting at you?

Then again these keling shit skins are like this. They only dare to bully someone they perceive is weaker than them. In fact they just like to gua lan with ppl they think is weaker than them.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng's friend's uncle used to be an "umpai" n he frequently visited pros in geylang n also involve in underground gambling after office hours n even drug trafficking - so as to catch more big fishes.:biggrin:
不入虎穴、焉得虎子!

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
But even in the army they have hokkien pengs with tattoes and they handle firearms.

You mean to tell me they have some of these ppl with such records that they cannot even serve in hokkien peng platoon?

The problem is with record, i.e. those who never got caught are still eligible for duties requiring handling of firearms. I understand tattoo is banned at point of recruitment in police and in army military police only. Those police (especially later becoming plainclothes) who sport tattoos got theirs after becoming police.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Then again these keling shit skins are like this. They only dare to bully someone they perceive is weaker than them. In fact they just like to gua lan with ppl they think is weaker than them.

Yes. I agree those police will think twice about taking on someone educated or connected. Even when kena road block they will mentally access the make of your car and checking ic will note your address.
They dun dare to make mistake of unknowingly pissing off some lawyer or someone who got friends in high places.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is with record, i.e. those who never got caught are still eligible for duties requiring handling of firearms. I understand tattoo is banned at point of recruitment in police and in army military police only. Those police (especially later becoming plainclothes) who sport tattoos got theirs after becoming police.
Those with records usually cannot serve NS in SAF.
Tattoos should not be an issue as I know for a fact CNB takes in tattooed guys. Even in application form u supposed to describe your tattoos if any in detail

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng's friend's uncle used to be an "umpai" n he frequently visited pros in geylang n also involve in underground gambling after office hours n even drug trafficking - so as to catch more big fishes.:biggrin:
不入虎穴、焉得虎子!

This reminds me of that movie starring denzel washington, training day. Denzel is an am pai in the LAPD then he was taking a new clean cut recruit. He has tattoes and acts like a gang member then the movie just potrays how fucked up he is unlike a police officer. Even gambles, loses and kills some russian mobster. Although some of the stuff was a bit overboard like killing his fren but some of the others was quite ok being an ampai like using guns to threaten suspects and act guai lan. They just had to make him this very bad guy that fits in with the streets and the recruit ethan hawke looks and behaves just like a police officer. How to work undercover?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Apuneh was king shit, he got chinese sinkies backing him up. But apologize one on one to me, without his subordinates around. Incident not much to talk about lah. He has an inflated sense of self importance. We had an argument over religious differences, lets say.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng's friend's uncle used to be an "umpai" n he frequently visited pros in geylang n also involve in underground gambling after office hours n even drug trafficking - so as to catch more big fishes

Not too sure about the drug trafficking part.