• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why can't train in Thailand?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF increases armour training in Germany

AsiaOne
Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013

SINGAPORE Armed Forces (SAF) Armour units will now be able to double their training time in Germany due to a recent agreement.

Minister for Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen, who visited SAF troops participating in Exercise Panzer Strike at the NATO-Bergen Training Area in Germany on April 23, emphasised the importance of overseas training in providing realistic training opportunities for the SAF to hone its operational readiness.

Dr Ng said, "I think all servicemen recognise and realise that they have to optimise these very precious training resources. It makes a big difference for them, they know that that once they have done this, they are very confident that they can fire accurately on the move and they are confident as a crew.

"I think that is something they have achieved that cannot be taken away from them - that they feel very confident of themselves."

During his visit, Dr Ng was briefed on the conduct of the exercise and witnessed a successful bilateral live-firing involving the 2nd Company of the 48th Battalion of the Singapore Armoured Regiment and their German counterparts from the Bundeswehr's 33rd Panzer Battalion.

Both armies had been engaged in rigorous training and exchange of pointers in the lead-up to the joint exercise, which involved the execution of tactical manoeuvres.

Exercise Panzer Strike is the fifth in the series and has included a bilateral live-firing component for the second consecutive year.

It will involve more than 1,300 armour personnel, 14 Leopard 2A4 Main Battle Tanks and 11 Bionix I Infantry Fighting Vehicles.

[email protected]

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It shows how isolated sinkapore is in Asia that we can't secure training grounds from Asian countries. Instead we have to spend so much more to train in Europe.

What are these overpaid scholars in MFA doing?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was at Sungei Gedong Emart buying socks when I heard the NSF saying they will be training in Germany. I thought I heard wrongly but now.....

Anyway, was eating at the canteen and the next table was a group of 7-8 Ah Tiong Kia! :eek:

jw5

Loyal
I was at Sungei Gedong Emart buying socks when I heard the NSF saying they will be training in Germany. I thought I heard wrongly but now.....

Anyway, was eating at the canteen and the next table was a group of 7-8 Ah Tiong Kia! :eek:

Ah Tiong Kia wearing number 4?

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its a package deal when we bought their MBTs like we buy some fighter planes from US some of our boys are training over in US. Maybe if we but some weapons from Thailand we can train in thailand lor.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ah Tiong Kia wearing number 4?

Yes brother. Just 2 days ago. All shaved botak. Looks like mono intake. Sleaguepunter will go crazy upon learning his beloved Armour becoming Ah Tiong land soon :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Yes brother. Just 2 days ago. All shaved botak. Looks like mono intake. Sleaguepunter will go crazy upon learning his beloved Armour becoming Ah Tiong land soon :biggrin:

Not long ago, I heard a prc northern accent talking loudly on his handphone at a supermarket.
Stopped to look and it was an Ah tiong kia wearing number 4!
This phenomena may not be a bad thing, let them get their uniforms dirty and underwear wetwet also good.
It's not as if we will really have to worry about fighting alongside them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think its a package deal when we bought their MBTs like we buy some fighter planes from US some of our boys are training over in US. Maybe if we but some weapons from Thailand we can train in thailand lor.

Looks like this is how MINDEF wastes our money. It isn't cheap to cheap hardware and people over to Germany for training. Why can't they secure training facilities in Thailand? Guess, relations between Thailand and us are so bad that no deal can be struck. What about Taiwan and India or Brunei?

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Deutschland is sehr powderful

oktoberfest-drinking.jpg

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Krautland is good for R & R...if need Kway,,,Krautland got alot,,,from all over Eastern europe,,,yum yum and price is competitive with Geyland,,,Krautland bagus,,,except 1 thing,,,the conditions in Krautland are different from singapore,,so what is the relevance of Krautland conditions to Singkieland ah? or Mudland or Indon land?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any Armour guys reviewing this discussion thread?

Please enlighten me regarding how an armour battalion is organized compared to infantry battalion.

How many tanks are there in a platoon and a company, whereas there are 3 sections in a infantry platoon, 3 platoons plus support personnel (GPMG, 84 RR) in an infantry company during my NS days (1970's).

How many companies and tanks in an armour battalion? ORBAT?

Thank you.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
because german bier is better, miles better than the singha crap.
and hilda in german is unlikely to have as many stds as the thai bargirl :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not long ago, I heard a prc northern accent talking loudly on his handphone at a supermarket.
Stopped to look and it was an Ah tiong kia wearing number 4!
This phenomena may not be a bad thing, let them get their uniforms dirty and underwear wetwet also good.
It's not as if we will really have to worry about fighting alongside them.

Is the reason why NS allowance has been increasing for past couple of years?:rolleyes:

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which one sounds better?

We go training with the reliable and meticulous Germans.

Or those Thai monkeys?

Last edited: