• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Brightest Jiuhu are sticking their eyes on the head, and want to go AMDK OXBridge to study? Good Hands has Asia better Universities mah, kym?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://sg.yahoo.com/news/the-falli...students-and-learners-overseas-042431171.html

To Leonard Tee, getting into his dream university in Cambridge was not the difficult part. The 20-year-old student worked hard and got the grades to earn a place in the institution's biological and biomedical sciences programme.

Yet, now that he has earned his place, Tee and his family worry that they may be unable to afford it.

"My family had a budget. I also ran errands and worked part-time at my uncle's car workshop.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, by the time I completed my foundation programme in 2022, we had enough money saved to take me through the three years (of the degree). However, with the state of our currency now, I might only have enough to get me through halfway," he says.

Tee adds that the university has offered him a partial scholarship, and that it is one of the few institutions that provides aid to international students. Plus, his parents and his uncle have promised additional monetary support.

However, he is not sure it will all be enough.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Uphill battle

To Johnsson Raj, whose son is currently pursuing a medical degree in Russia, the answer is no.

The chartered accountant said scholarships and financial aid are largely meant for students who do well academically and have achieved notable scores. As such, they do not address the larger issue of rising costs.

"Don't get me wrong. Those children (who qualify) deserve the aid and scholarships 100 per cent. But people like me, with kids who are not as bright, have to be financially prepared to ensure our children have a shot (at higher education).

"I know what my son's capabilities are. That's why we invested in an education investment plan and set up a fund for him when he was eight. Of course, our economic situations were different (then), and things like the pandemic were nowhere in our foresight.

But, now with everything that has happened and the dwindling ringgit, I don't know how much longer he can continue his studies in Russia," he said, adding that costs are not just limited to tuition but necessities such as accommodation and food plus allowances for extra-curricular activities and supplies.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
K.R. Janaki, similarly, said that the depreciating ringgit has had an impact on her 22-year-old daughter's studies in Melbourne, Australia.

"She used to live on campus, and the university is right in the middle of Melbourne's Central Business District (CBD). So you can imagine how much everything costs.

"Her father and I had meticulously planned everything because her brother also studied at the same university seven years ago. However, the state of our currency and inflation as well as the pandemic badly affected our finances," Janaki said.

So, one of the first things the family did was move their daughter to a more affordable living space, which is, unfortunately, an hour away from the university.

We also went up sometime in November last year, to help her set up her place, so she can cook. It's much cheaper to fund her groceries than pay for meals outside," said Janaki, who is a financial director at a university hospital.

"It's an adjustment for her. But at the rate things are going, we have no choice. Last month, we also spoke to someone about the possibility of her continuing her studies here (in Malaysia), as that would be cheaper. But we're keeping that option as a last resort."

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore got NUS, NTU , SIM ,all world class universities, very near home and can go home every day to eat home cook food de woh

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore got NUS, NTU , SIM ,all world class universities, very near home and can go home every day to eat home cook food de woh
Isn't it very telling that Angmo university is still the way and the only way for the best and brightest student ?

Do you see China's elite send your kids to study in Singapore and declare that they are proud of it ? No despite bitching about US and their big bully and antics, These fficials still send kids to US and all the ang mo nation. You don't see all this elites send their kids to all the third world nation despite China giving all kinds of good money to these 3rd world.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't it very telling that Angmo university is still the way and the only way for the best and brightest student ?

Do you see China's elite send your kids to study in Singapore and declare that they are proud of it ? No despite bitching about US and their big bully and antics, These fficials still send kids to US and all the ang mo nation. You don't see all this elites send their kids to all the third world nation despite China giving all kinds of good money to these 3rd world.
But every year , people say Singapore Maths is jin satik, NUS is world lumber 10 de woh

Maybe jiuhu IQ is not high enough to appreciate the Good Hands, as they are in self denial mode?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
But every year , people say Singapore Maths is jin satik, NUS is world lumber 10 de woh
So what?
Do we come up with Earth shattering research and shake the world?

We are a f****** third world recycling factory. These FTs came amd recycle themselves and present himself white as snow to all the ang mo university.

Just like some of the MNC the claim they are from Singapore. They set up HQ here ..like shein and tik tok. But they don't even want to list there IPO here. We are f****** recycling nation. They want to list themself in London or US stock market.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can easily bribe those in charge of university ranking to present your universities as 'better'. Some of the criteria includes those universities having more 'diversity'. :wink:

Bribery is the name of the game, just like how Sinkie hawker culture received a UNESCO award. Only low IQ Sinkies get duped by such nonsense.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what?

We are a f****** third world recycling factory. These FTs came amd recycle themselves and present himself white as snow to all the ang mo university.

Just like some of the MNC the claim they are from Singapore. They set up HQ here ..like shein and tik tok. But they don't even want to list there IPO here. We are f****** recycling nation. They want to list themself in London or US stock market.
No lah....Singapore always Best of Best...and Smartest of Smartest mah.

All FT cum here, retrain liao can jitao go to get good pay jobs here in MNC, and clock time. After 36moons, can fly over US, UK and apply management jobs ler

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can easily bribe those in charge of university ranking to present your universities as 'better'. Some of the criteria includes those universities having more 'diversity'. :wink:

Bribery is the name of the game, just like how Sinkie hawker culture received a UNESCO award. Only low IQ Sinkies get duped by such nonsense.
No lah....many Lao Hero say they strongly believe SG education ish Best In the World de woh...

They challenge moi to say that our PSLE maths is toughest in this world de woh, kym Cik Syed?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not the same.
Oxford, Cambridge and ivy League unis are research universities. That means if you are bright enough after graduation, they will Offer you a research grant. If it's feasible, investors to create a new start up with some returns in endowment back to universities to fund even more research.
If go NUS, graduate, find job selling insurance.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what?

They set their HQ locally due to low corporate taxes. Plus their bosses get paid locally but if they stay overseas most of the time no need to pay income tax.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not the same.
Oxford, Cambridge and ivy League unis are research universities. That means if you are bright enough after graduation, they will Offer you a research grant. If it's feasible, investors to create a new start up with some returns in endowment back to universities to fund even more research.
If go NUS, graduate, find job selling insurance.
Sinkipur got A Star mah...also a self proclaimed world reknown research institution and well funded by SG Gov de woh

Tiagong, A Star is leading research institution into Cybrog Tech. EVEN French AMDk also come to 请叫de

Fellow Samsters, do u think u can hid from Good Hands?