• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are we paying MP $15K a month and I never hear them speak in rally?

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many PAP candidate never speak at Rally - why?
If they don't speak how can we evaluate them.
I am surprise that Seng Han Tong did not speak as well.
I would like to ask him if he will re-evaluate himself after the
Incident - was there a little fault from him that trigger the incident?

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why I did not see Foo Mee Har speak in rally at all?
If they don't speak - why join? How to expect them to speak in parliament when
They afraid to speak in rally?

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is PAP candidate alway son of some previous MP or some well known person.
Is there selection or pool of people just among it member and immediate families?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mind them keeping mum! Afterall, they're uttering crap all the time! But what I can't stand is to watch them nodding off in front of the camera! We don't pay them that kind of salary every month to watch them take a nap in Parliament! :oIo:

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
For parliament I agreed but I am talking about those candidates - why they are not giving speech in rally?
If they are not talking for themselves, you will they will speak for is when elected?

soccernet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also think that an MP should spend MORE time looking after his ward then looking after himself (or herself) financially or career-wise. His/her career objective should be 'looking after residents' rather than 'self-interest' or sitting on boards of multiple companies or working full-time with no time for his ward. For his likeability, for example, George Yeo has not been seen as often as any resident will like to for the last 5 years in Aljunied.

Can we list out which among the 80-odd candidates has stated that he/she will be a full-time MP if elected? I don't think there are many - opposition or PAP. Is Low Thia Kiang one of these?

Let's list them...

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought someone already spoken for them ?
Err... i think it was Ah Tin ... “I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY !“
:eek:

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tin PL is definitely not worth 15K per month - I doubt she can get anything close in the outside.
She is not even of manager quality least to say MP.
Sometime I wonder how the selection process in PAP come about?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That tintin is a disgrace. At least she can a Kate spade bag everyday now if she win. I would prefer Nicole to win, however the odds are against them in mp. At least it woul be a good election this time.

Tin PL is definitely not worth 15K per month - I doubt she can get anything close in the outside.
She is not even of manager quality least to say MP.
Sometime I wonder how the selection process in PAP come about?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
At I know LTK would visit wake donate from his pocket at the Hougang constituency!
He's one MP I really respect very down to earth, whereas ruling party only see them on happy ocassion
organised by GrassLootLeaders, only to see the bright light..never see the dark side, now than u apologise
perhaps abit late liao...