• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are some races just considered more guilty of racism?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on who says it, and to whom is that term directed at. In the US, if a non Asian (Asian meaning East Asian) uses it on a yellow skin, it is a racist and derogatory term. Here in Singapore, if one of you Chinese calls another one a Chink, it is hardly offensive, more likely funny. A certain cousin of mine, each time we see each other, we call one another "Hey, you stupid chink!" and it is taken affectionately. Just like in US, an Afro guy calling his bro nigger is more likely joking, but a white guy calling a black guy nigger, that's not polite at all, it's downright rude.

Cheers!

One thing i don't get it is why when the word "chink" as in a racial slur is used somehow it isn't considered offensive at all. You notice this? Shit skin is just an accurate description of the chump though.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It depends on who says it, and to whom is that term directed at. In the US, if a non Asian (Asian meaning East Asian) uses it on a yellow skin, it is a racist and derogatory term. Here in Singapore, if one of you Chinese calls another one a Chink, it is hardly offensive, more likely funny. A certain cousin of mine, each time we see each other, we call one another "Hey, you stupid chink!" and it is taken affectionately. Just like in US, an Afro guy calling his bro nigger is more likely joking, but a white guy calling a black guy nigger, that's not polite at all, it's downright rude.

Cheers!

Actually i don't see how it correlates to chinese all because blacks call one another nigger. You don't see ang mohs doing the same thing to one another. I think it's wrong that one racial slur for one race is deemed unoffensive doesn't sound right.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your land? WTF where is the proof it is your land? You dumb fuck mudlay also please stick to the topic of discussion.
Any historian will vouch that chinese are not the original inhabitants of singapore. And nobody wants to live next door to a chinese in the early days. they were noisy, smelly, drunks, gambling, prostitution dens never bathe etc. but thank god, after several generations, the malays manage to make them decent.