• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Are Some Hawkers Stalls Signboards and Menu totally in Mandarin?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have never met a hawker who spoke english whenever i visit singapore.

i speak to them in english, they reply in chinese, and i don't understand them.

my partner is of german descent and when she is with me, they speak to us in bs...none of us understand WTF they are saying.

i dont understand why they hate the chinese when they are 100% chinese themselves.

Have you heard of malay customers complaining that the malay stall holders put english on their signboards if their signboards don't have english words?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What it means is that they have enough customers, they do not need to do your business, see this type of face
image.php
and your precious cents.

This is Chinapore.
532709_340263146036398_1481004643_n.jpg

(Chief Exec, Singapore SAR, China)

hi there

1. bro, good one!
2. 5 thumbs up for the chief ex, chinapore thing.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. uncle, what matters most is the food such individuals are selling, right!
2. what's on its signboard matters little hoh!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is up to the owner want to put whatever language.
If dont know just use finger to pint the photo eg. go others country point the photo or menu lo.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have no idea what you mean at all. which is common when talking to singaporeans.

Well the chinese stalls have chinese words no english words. I believe the one that complains is a chinese or maybe not but most likely a chinese person i'm just curious do malay customers complain that malay stall owners have sign boards with no english words too?