• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are singaporeans in general so boring?

Godot

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone were to write a biography about us it will read as

1 study and get a degree and find a well paid job.

2 work hard and earn a lot of money

3 get married and have kids.

4 retire in Singapore comfortably.

Many have never thought of working and living overseas.

Compare to other countries, so much difference.

Even those that choose to migrate never choose Europe or USA. Only Australia.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
such sweeping statement needs proof to support....you would be surprise hw many australians have not travelled overseas b4....and u would be surprise to know how many sgrean have actually lived overseas b4..aslo..u would find that the route of life u mentioned is common for most people esp asians...hence u could make more sweeping statement that refers to asians in general or even human beings in general

Last edited:

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's excitement? Well, different people will have different ways of interpretation. But I have to agreed that in general, Sinagaporeans are boring lots. I think it's the environment. Part of it is that there is a certain "fear" to express ourselves freely. An invisible force that restrict our creativity minds to wander out of the boundaries. As such, most Singaporeans are moulded in a typical way, not unlike a mass production factory. Of course, occasionally, there will be some "defects". By and large, we can't really think "out of the box".

Another restriction we have is the lack of nature here. Our tallest hill is Bukit Timah...not really exciting. And we do not have any real adventurous sites where we can do some really thrilling activities. In overseas, people hike in deep forests or jungles, scale tall mountains, dive in cold blue waters, explore beautiful nature scenaries. In Sg, much as you would like, shopping and movies are 2 most common activities that people do. But we can't use this as an excuse. We could have road trip to neighbouring countries if we are really daring and looking for excitement.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would agree on the lack of nature comments...also the lack of historic buildings like those in london..paris etc...

What's excitement? Well, different people will have different ways of interpretation. But I have to agreed that in general, Sinagaporeans are boring lots. I think it's the environment. Part of it is that there is a certain "fear" to express ourselves freely. An invisible force that restrict our creativity minds to wander out of the boundaries. As such, most Singaporeans are moulded in a typical way, not unlike a mass production factory. Of course, occasionally, there will be some "defects". By and large, we can't really think "out of the box".

Another restriction we have is the lack of nature here. Our tallest hill is Bukit Timah...not really exciting. And we do not have any real adventurous sites where we can do some really thrilling activities. In overseas, people hike in deep forests or jungles, scale tall mountains, dive in cold blue waters, explore beautiful nature scenaries. In Sg, much as you would like, shopping and movies are 2 most common activities that people do. But we can't use this as an excuse. We could have road trip to neighbouring countries if we are really daring and looking for excitement.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

There are many singaporeans that are not boring, but they just choose not to hang out with you, hence, your impression.

Godot

Alfrescian
Loyal
such sweeping statement needs proof to support....you would be surprise hw many australians have not travelled overseas b4....and u would be surprise to know how many sgrean have actually lived overseas b4..

Yes they have not travelled overseas.

But they are more concerned about living and enjoying life.

Most people in developed countries work to live, and not live to work.
In general, i find that most Singaporeans belong in the latter category in that they are so attached to their perceived happiness (which is often ingrained into them by their parents) that they do not know how to enjoy life to the fullest.

Sure there are Singaporeans that do not belong to this category, but they are the exception rather than the norm.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal

You retarded gay dog :oIo:

Your biography would read:

1. Molested by uncle at 2.

2. Raped by neighbour at 5.

3. Turned into homosexual at 12.

4. Died of AIDs at age 18.

Go fuck yourself dead and get the fuck out of my country. :oIo:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sickapoor is too well regulated by the gahmen, than our papa, mama,
uncle, auntie, yah yah, poa poa follow the the gahmen advice.
that's why u got all the answers above!!

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
some americans do not even have a passport,,,,

some even considered travelling to other states as vacation,,,,

same applies to europe and australia,,,,,,

even many in places like thai, cambodia, mynamar, china, many have never stepped out of the country.....

SO what is not boring in your perspective?

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Singaporeans you consider boring are actually loyal Singaporeans. Exciting Singaporeans who migrate are considered Quitters.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
firstly, aint singapore a developed country? what experience of overseas have u got for your comparison and opinions too? i usually dont wish to generalise unless there are concrete evidence or research....I know of friends in sg who abhors work and simply just need it for money to go abt with their daily lives...that is they work to live and I believe many are in the same predicament..not everyone is ambitious in their career..so i do not agree on your sweeping statement abt the norm. Likewise, in western countries, there are those that work long hours in their job too...this is the trend that is happening...being more laidback could be due to their culture and upbringing...and that in itself could be a negative point too...if u were to try their level of customer service or working efficiencies, you might be complaining abt it and raving abt how effecient certain aspect of sgrean organisations are etc.......Furthermore, the route u mentioned, isnt it how majority of asians are going through if not the westerners too? so how could u just linked that route as boring and isolate it to singapore alone?

I always try to tell myself..there are all sorts of people for all nationalities..all race...just dont stereotype or categorize without concrete basis....

Yes they have not travelled overseas.

But they are more concerned about living and enjoying life.

Most people in developed countries work to live, and not live to work.
In general, i find that most Singaporeans belong in the latter category in that they are so attached to their perceived happiness (which is often ingrained into them by their parents) that they do not know how to enjoy life to the fullest.

Sure there are Singaporeans that do not belong to this category, but they are the exception rather than the norm.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Wake up your ideas, Lee Con You owns the country, not u. So, its not your country, ok? ISD should look into foreign cocksuckers like u with the angmo name, and picture of an old angmo who raped you. This is a forum for real sinkies, not americans with names like clinton.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
your reply to his points are extreme but I understood what u mean...that route is universal.....not just isolated to singapore....

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal

I spend three months every year in beautiful heavenly China: wonderful places like Jiuzhaigou, Lijiang, Qingdao, Harbin

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spend three months every year in beautiful heavenly China: wonderful places like Jiuzhaigou, Lijiang, Qingdao, Harbin

ooi PRC bitch,

if those places so nice why dun u spend 12 months a year there instead of 3:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ooi PRC bitch,

if those places so nice why dun u spend 12 months a year there instead of 3:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Maybe... becoz... oni got 3 mth in a yr there... 3 mth hot like fark, 3 mths cold like fark and lastly 3 mths flood like fark...:biggrin::biggrin::p

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't agree, bro. What you listed are broad general milestones in one's life. It's the subsection e.g. 1.a, 1.b, 2.a, 2.b that make everyone's life different and exciting. :smile: