• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why are sg men so proud of "national service"?

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of my singaporean classmate joined my friends and me for a drink last night. when we started talking about life before university, he started talking about this thing called "national service" and he said he is very proud to help defend singapore.

when he left the seat, my best friend rolled her eyes and said if it was voluntary, he will not talk like that!

why are sg men so proud of this thing called "national service" when it actually means "conscription"? :confused:

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
i didn't say anything mean to him!

he is my source of information about singapore! i am very curious about the men in sg because my dad hates them so much too!

No, lah, I don't mean say... did you do any loving with your singaporean classmate after your drink :biggrin:

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of my singaporean classmate joined my friends and me for a drink last night. when we started talking about life before university, he started talking about this thing called "national service" and he said he is very proud to help defend singapore.

when he left the seat, my best friend rolled her eyes and said if it was voluntary, he will not talk like that!

why are sg men so proud of this thing called "national service" when it actually means "conscription"? :confused:

Australian Army has seen big losses in world War 2, mainly to the Japanese Imperial forces. The Yankees have to protect ANZUC to be overrun by the Japs by fighting to get hold of Guadacanal in Indonesia where the Japs are setting up a new air field to protect their supply boats and troops carriers to enforce their dominance in South East Asia...

Up here in Singapore, the Brits screwed your forefathers wholesale too by asking them for help to protect their Gibraltar of the East. Being a commonwealth yourself, you obeyed the queen's order. By the time your forefathers landed upon the shores of both Singapore and Malaysia, they were made prisoner of war immediately upon disembarkation, not even a single shot was fired and more than 50% of these brave Aussies will never ever see Australia alive again..

Freedom is never free, you guys talk big and laughed about conscripts you are also laughing about your own ancestors whom shed blood here...there is a large military grave here in Singapore dedicated to the fallen comrades of Australia, New Zealand, UK etc...

Your friend is proud that he provided you the peace that is paid by his sweat and blood..

Do you know that there are still ANZUC forces thats being deployed here, some are special forces and some just normal soldiers and all of us cross train amongst ourselves frequently...you are laughing at your own brave soldiers when you are laughing at your friend..grow up kid..

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australian Army has seen big losses in world War 2, mainly to the Japanese Imperial forces. The Yankees have to protect ANZUC to be overrun by the Japs by fighting to get hold of Guadacanal in Indonesia where the Japs are setting up a new air field to protect their supply boats and troops carriers to enforce their dominance in South East Asia...

Your friend is proud that he provided you the peace that is paid by his sweat and blood..

Do you know that there are still ANZUC forces thats being deployed here, some are special forces and some just normal soldiers and all of us cross train amongst ourselves frequently...you are laughing at your own brave soldiers when you are laughing at your friend..grow up kid..

Gallipoli.....

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

why u arsehole can't stop talking abt singaporean ?

Did some singaporean 'poke' u ?

:biggrin::biggrin:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
this cheeby pseudo aussie likes to downplay singapore man and asking so many whys,,,,

KNN....

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
610x.jpg

Saf6.jpg

safuniform.jpg

SAF9.jpg

SAF8.jpg

SAF3.jpg