• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who's Bronze medal are u more proud of? Laurentia Tan or Feng Tianwei?

Dragon8899

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who vests their mind and soul in ANY country is an idiot.

Agree to large extent, but I know there is a certain primordial attachment to the soil one is born to. It's hard to be a gypsy and one needs to belong. The issue in question is the term "true blue". My feeling is "true blue" cannot be measured by birth right but by intimate connection with the land one is born to. It makes me reflect on Japanese culture, which shun their own overseas educated Japanese, and this is interesting..to the Japanese, one is not true blue if one is educated overseas. In Singapore and many other countries, the case or Laury, being trained and away overseas seem a high positive in their resume..

http://business-finance.top10-diges...-seekers-overseas-study-can-be-a-deal-killer/

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For once I have to agree with you, Laurentia is a British product. Her disabilities is another matter. We can sympathize with her. We can appreciate her hard work but that has nothing to do with Singaporean sportsmanship.

I agreed with what you said. Yes, we congratulate her but we need not go overboard and demand more than she had already given credit for. I think Our Sports Council has been quite fair to her.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
And anyone who benefited so much from his native country and then fled to another country the moment the going gets tough is a coward.

Nobody benefits from a "country". People benefit from the efforts they make themselves and from those who helped them directly in the process... eg teachers, tutors, parents, helpful friends, relatives and associates.

I also have a deep sense of gratitude and respect towards LKY who single handedly created an environment where I could maximise my potential. However, he is a person not a country and I don't have to be physically located in Singapore in order to show my undying support for him.

It is people like you who spend most of your time condemning the very man you are deeply indebted to who should be ashamed of themselves.

ConyuConhee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody benefits from a "country". People benefit from the efforts they make themselves and from those who helped them directly in the process... eg teachers, tutors, parents, helpful friends, relatives and associates.

I also have a deep sense of gratitude and respect towards LKY who single handedly created an environment where I could maximise my potential. However, he is a person not a country and I don't have to be physically located in Singapore in order to show my undying support for him.

It is people like you who spend most of your time condemning the very man you are deeply indebted to who should be ashamed of themselves.

you are correct
these are ungrateful twits
biting the hands that nurture them
leemember always
votes for pap
the leeneage must be maintained
long live pap
merdeka
huat ahhhhhhhhh

i not stalking out
i idolised you

btw ... laurentia and you
both share the same love
for hot dogs and burgers?

does she twitched too?

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng feels ashamed for all able-bodied true blue born in Singapore citizens.:o we all need a paraplegic to wake us up?:rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Para Olympics is less competitive than real Olympics, easier to win. The pay out cannot be more

You're talking absolute cock! Allow me to break both your legs and then come back and tell me how much easier the paralympics is. :rolleyes:

I thought you were smart but with a post like this, it would appear that you're actually an idiot. Zapped your points.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're talking absolute cock! Allow me to break both your legs and then come back and tell me how much easier the paralympics is. :rolleyes:

I thought you were smart but with a post like this, it would appear that you're actually an idiot. Zapped your points.

Good argument. I've added to your points. :smile:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think about it. The level of difficulty depends on the amount of competition. Since there are less crippled than normal people playing sports, the level of competition is also lower.
So if you look deeper I am very logical, alert n smart.
Please give me more points.

Thanks

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Para Olympics is less competitive than real Olympics, easier to win. The pay out cannot be more

brubber, you try competing with one leg, one arm, and no eyes or ears...go and see whether it is easy. talk like this simply reflects on your insensitivity. Laurentia is deaf and yet she can still move and ride with the music....!!! remarkable!!!!....feelings!!!!

ConyuConhee

Alfrescian
Loyal
brubber, you try competing with one leg, one arm, and no eyes or ears...go and see whether it is easy. talk like this simply reflects on your insensitivity. Laurentia is deaf and yet she can still move and ride with the music....!!! remarkable!!!!....feelings!!!!

wah liao eh
kopiuncle
chin ko boh tu dio
chi ba hoe boh?
nu koo bios chio bu?
wo steam steam boh?

so remarkable ....
"deaf" yet can sync with music

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think about it. The level of difficulty depends on the amount of competition. Since there are less crippled than normal people playing sports, the level of competition is also lower.
So if you look deeper I am very logical, alert n smart.
Please give me more points.

Thanks

Good post by you.. Allow me to Up the points up your Arse..:oIo::oIo::oIo:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wah liao eh
kopiuncle
chin ko boh tu dio
chi ba hoe boh?
nu koo bios chio bu?
wo steam steam boh?

so remarkable ....
"deaf" yet can sync with music

brubberm my hockien veri terok
bio cha bus wu lah
but cannot marikita liao
the penil is the most sensitive
but mari boh liao
no ears but can feel music
remarkable remarkable reamark laurentia!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good post by you.. Allow me to Up the points up your Arse..:oIo::oIo::oIo:

brudder your post this is the bestest!!!
up points through they ask
excellent!!! excellent !!!!!! chi chia ho say !!!!

Last edited: