• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whole family sign on SAF army, guess what race?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course. The ranks were symbolic of their roles in the organization. The NCOs' ranks were on their arms because they did the work with the men. The WOs gave directions, hence had their ranks near their hands. The officers made the decisions and bore the responsibilities on their shoulders.

any bros remember the time enciks wear their ranks on the wrist, not on the shoulder.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course. The ranks were symbolic of their roles in the organization. The NCOs' ranks were on their arms because they did the work with the men. The WOs gave directions, hence had their ranks near their hands. The officers made the decisions and bore the responsibilities on their shoulders.
thanks bro for the info, confirm u same or more senior than me. :smile:

yeah, last time enciks wear a black leather wrist strap. if i remember correctly, got lion and tiger logo. we call 'rolex'. a more senior cousin of mine even have the honour of wearing plain green no. 4 without camoflague. they call temasek green.

ok, my generation already camoflague no. 4.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have no political ambitions. Rumour is oldest brother was asked several times, he said no. So they gave him "spy" agency instead.

Heard the same too. He went for the interview but told those close to him he 'failed' the interview intentionally.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Started with TG - still have one set No 3 and one set No 4, then moved on to DPM camo.

There were 2 WO ranks - the WO2 rank insignia was the national crest; the WO1 insignia was the same crest with a laurel around them. See this site:

http://www.uniforminsignia.org/?option=com_insigniasearch&Itemid=53&result=2116

yeah, last time enciks wear a black leather wrist strap. if i remember correctly, got lion and tiger logo. we call 'rolex'. a more senior cousin of mine even have the honour of wearing plain green no. 4 without camoflague. they call temasek green.

Pariah

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the whole family goes out for dinner, do they march into the hawker centre and the restaurant?

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the whole family goes out for dinner, do they march into the hawker centre and the restaurant?

The spooks will check out the place first. Then the military policemen will clear the way for the General.

Soon to come - the General family vs the Lee Dynasty.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A military man should be respected based on his combat campaign medal while a unit based on its battle honours.
How many of our generals have been to real combat and won honours in battles?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[
any bros remember the time enciks wear their ranks on the wrist, not on the shoulder.

PTIs also wore their ranks on the wrists when conducting PT.

At one time there was the bleached camo....not deliberate but probably the supplier makan money and use lousy material.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first batch of DPM camos had two major problems:
  • the colour ran faster then Usain Bolt
  • the material was too thick and dense and did not allow the skin to 'breathe'.

Apparently, for a while, MINDEF couldn't care less about the feedback. This was despite the fact that recruits were dropping like 10-pins from heat exhaustion. Then, the head of the department supplying the uniform experienced the it firsthand when he went for his reservist and was issued with the uniform. That prompted immediate action. I'll say no more except that things then moved very quickly and the new uniforms were in place very soon.

The suppliers were Korean and they admitted to failing to meet specifications. So, they made good their shortcomings in double quick time. And the entire 1st generation of DPM uniforms were junked.

It also goes to show that until our leaders feel our pain directly, they will not act to alleviate that pain. We must let them feel our pain.

[

PTIs also wore their ranks on the wrists when conducting PT.

At one time there was the bleached camo....not deliberate but probably the supplier makan money and use lousy material.