• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who will dare to hire Singaporeans going forward?

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do I have to go back to office if my boss asks me to even if my job can be done from home?
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ss-asks-me-to-even-if-my-job-can-be-done-from

CAN MY BOSS REQUIRE ME TO RETURN TO THE OFFICE EVEN IF MY JOB CAN BE PERFORMED FROM HOME AND I PREFER DOING SO?
Yes. However, your employer should ensure that you are working from home for at least half your working time. This should be calculated over a "reasonable period of time" not exceeding four weeks. If you are a part-time worker, the requirement will be pro-rated. For example, if you work three days a week, you should be in the office only 1.5 days a week.

I HAVE TO ATTEND EXTERNAL MEETINGS AND EVENTS FOR WORK. ARE THESE COUNTED TOWARDS THE NUMBER OF DAYS I SPEND IN THE OFFICE?
Work or training done outside the office will be regarded as time spent in the workplace.

I HAVE A CHRONIC MEDICAL CONDITION THAT HAS WEAKENED MY IMMUNE SYSTEM. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE OFFICE?
If there is no way to make alternative arrangements, your employer can still require you to return to the office. However, they must ensure that there is at least 1m of space between you and your colleagues. This applies to people who have compromised immune systems, concurrent medical conditions, or who are aged 60 and above.

I AM AN EMPLOYER. WITH MORE STAFF ALLOWED TO COME BACK TO THE WORKPLACE, HOW CAN I AVOID CROWDING?
You should stagger start times, such that at least half your employees reach the office at or after 10am. You should also implement flexible workplace arrangements, for instance, arranging for some employees to work from home in the morning but return to the office from 1pm to 5pm. Alternatively, you could require them to return to the office only for meetings. If possible, you should implement shift or split team operations, and ensure that there is no mixing of employees from the different teams.

MY EMPLOYER IS BREAKING THE RULES. HOW CAN I REPORT THIS?
You can do so via the SnapSAFE app.

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY EMPLOYER IS BREAKING THE RULES. HOW CAN I REPORT THIS?
You can do so via the SnapSAFE app.

Regulators in Singapore like government agencies or police shouldn't encourage snitching culture. Snitching and reporting crimes are two different leagues.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a civilized country, errant employers will kena jialat jialat. For example, if no OT means no OT. Any OT will be investigated. And no such thing as unpaid OT.

In a totalitarian shithole cuntry drunk on 'tripartite' gobbledygook, you get what you deserve. :cool:

SwumXol.png

sam heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
And these people wonder why company like to hiring ft. Go back earn your living so difficult? Like Sam always ask “how many are actually sick? Scare of covid or something else

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a civilized country, errant employers will kena jialat jialat. For example, if no OT means no OT. Any OT will be investigated. And no such thing as unpaid OT.

In a totalitarian shithole cuntry drunk on 'tripartite' gobbledygook, you get what you deserve. :cool:

SwumXol.png
How many fucking employers are quietly practicing 996 here ?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiong's work ethic, which was bragged by Jack Ma: work 9am to 9pm every day, six days a week.
Such long working hours does not equate to productivity. But Asian culture is proud of that. If factor in fatigue management, mental health etc. The total costs is high
But employers don't pay for it. The employees do

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such long working hours does not equate to productivity. But Asian culture is proud of that. If factor in fatigue management, mental health etc. The total costs is high
But employers don't pay for it. The employees do
Local bosses don't give a fuck.
I always am happy to see some of my ex-bosses working under other people with that fatigue look. Karma is such a loveable bitch.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Three reasons why some Singapore employees love working from home
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/why-we-love-working-from-home
PUBLISHED
SEP 27, 2020, 5:00 AM SGT

REASON 1: NO LONG COMMUTE, MORE TIME FOR FUN, REST
REASON 2: BONDING WITH FAMILY, FRIENDS
REASON 3: I AM MORE PRODUCTIVE
Singkies employees are subsidising their employers as they are paying increase utilities n office supplies have to own self supply etc. Soon employers will start downsizing their offices saving on rent etc n paid for by the employees.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might be good to feel the pulse of the company by going in physically into the office. If u think ur job is safe, u better think again.

Unless u work a teacher, hard to find iron rice bowl these days.