• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who wants to discuss about Buddhism

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So if one attained enlightenment, he'll just become nothing after he dies?

A person who attained enlightenment has escaped from the clutches of all forms of becoming.

Becoming "nothing" is still a form of becoming, hence a form of clinging, and is thus not enlightenment.

You are still making the same assumptions I talked about previously. What is a "being", other than the five clinging aggregates which are clearly not belonging to the self when carefully inspected and analyzed?

Not go to heaven? Some Buddhist got talk about heaven leh.

Going to heaven is a form of becoming.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people won't understand becoz they are full of their own ideas of how things are and should be..................

people must realize there's no such thing as a soul or identity that's truly their ''own''.................

then the ''going out'' part will be easier to accept..................

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what is the purpose of trying to hard to attain enlightenment, apart from the few seconds thrill before death, since after death he don't even know that he's did it (because he do not exist thus "cannot know")?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So what is the purpose of trying to hard to attain enlightenment, apart from the few seconds thrill before death, since after death he don't even know that he's did it (because he do not exist thus "cannot know")?

you are again speaking in terms of people having a permanent soul or identity..................there's no such thing !

''people'' are merely streams of thoughts.............as long as you keep thinking that people has a soul or identity..........you won't understand.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When the nature of perception had been penetrated and fully understood through enlightenment, is there any reason to hold onto the perception "I had done it"?

That would be illogical, since any "holding onto" is a manifestation of clinging, and thus non-enlightenment.

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the nature of perception had been penetrated and fully understood through enlightenment, is there any reason to hold onto the perception "I had done it"?

That would be illogical, since any "holding onto" is a manifestation of clinging, and thus non-enlightenment.
Ya hor.... never thought of that.

you are again speaking in terms of people having a permanent soul or identity..................there's no such thing !

''people'' are merely streams of thoughts.............as long as you keep thinking that people has a soul or identity..........you won't understand.
"I think, therefore I am."? <-- Saw this on another thread.

Why Buddhism so chim one? I don't think I can ever comprehend.

Last edited:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
doing what to others is your choice and intention since you're not an insect that's running on instincts......

Yes and my choice will have so great a chain reaction impact that it renders the karma theory unacceptable.

To keep it simple:

My mum's karma fate is to be left to die in mountains. The problem is who will be the executor of the karma act?

If it is me and have free will, i can choose not to send her to die. but then it totally messes up the karma theory, because it's my mum's inescapable fate to die in the mountains because of some evil deed she did.

If i can i as her son can reverse her bad karma by doing good deeds of my own to atone for her bad deed, it doesnt make sense too, because it is stated that karma is a natural self governing law that no one has power over.

You HAVE to pay for whaever evil deed you did. If i can reverse my mums bad deed, it will mean that she will escape karmic punishment for her evil deed, which is totally unacceptable, because it is not supposed to work this way.

It will then become like the christan model of repent and you will be saved, regardless of what you did berfore.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya hor.... never thought of that.

"I think, therefore I am."? <-- Saw this on another thread.

Why Buddhism so chim one? I don't think I can ever comprehend.

Buddhism is not deep...............problem is people are so full of their own ideas about how things should be and shouldn't be ...............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes and my choice will have so great a chain reaction impact that it renders the karma theory unacceptable.

To keep it simple:

My mum's karma fate is to be left to die in mountains. The problem is who will be the executor of the karma act?

If it is me and have free will, i can choose not to send her to die. but then it totally messes up the karma theory, because it's my mum's inescapable fate to die in the mountains because of some evil deed she did.

If i can i as her son can reverse her bad karma by doing good deeds of my own to atone for her bad deed, it doesnt make sense too, because it is stated that karma is a natural self governing law that no one has power over.

You HAVE to pay for whaever evil deed you did. If i can reverse my mums bad deed, it will mean that she will escape karmic punishment for her evil deed, which is totally unacceptable, because it is not supposed to work this way.

It will then become like the christan model of repent and you will be saved, regardless of what you did berfore.

what talking you.................

1) if your mom is to die in mountain......cannot die of exposure, thirst, hunger, etc .....or killed by animal meh ?

2) when you chant the sutras or do whatever good deeds for your mom....you can't reverse anything......you're only ''helping'' any of her previous good karmic seeds to ''ripen''..............