• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who pays for the PAP candidates election deposit?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please loh, the deposit is peanuts to them. 1 minister can afford to pay deposit for the entire using his own income. U think they need to worry meh? Some more refundable

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
all will b done on paper onllee .... 2 show as proof

pay up or not ..... is immaterial

once a big hoo-haa ...
in london, over lky's wife's stroke FREE chartered, special equipped SIA flight

AFTER d LONG HOO-HAA (over d internet n 'carefool media reports') ....... SIA ISSUE A BILL 2 lky
(printed n show on newspaper) ...... lky pay or not?? ..... u ask me , i ask who??

Interesting to know who foots the bill of the PAP candidate's election deposit or are they required to put up at all??

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please loh, the deposit is peanuts to them. 1 minister can afford to pay deposit for the entire using his own income. U think they need to worry meh? Some more refundable

Yes of course, after it is refunded, you wait patiently at the door for some spare cash to outflow to you since you work so hard for them to keep them in place. Of course, remember to smile when they appear with cash.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like to know too.... whether they used our taxpayer's money for their own uses.

You want to know the answer.
Even if MPs use their own pocket money, they also can afford because is just one month of their salary. If ministers post can sponsor entire GRC team with surplus.
So MPs/Ministers salary are from tax payer money. So indirectly also use tax payer money!
Deposit is a small cost compare to the campaign cost>>> poster/bannner/transport/labor cost/rental for tentage/foods........................
I expect on average each PAP candidate will spend $200k or more. Meaning at least SG$16m just for campaign cost not included deposit. $16m is a small amount for the PAP even $30m they still can afford. All ministers and MPs donate 10% of one year salary will do.
For all opposition maybe they will spend about 1/10 of the amount. Total in between $1m~$2m for the election campaign cost not included deposit.