• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

White Paper say Nurses are low skilled workers...

jw5

Loyal
The only time i can bring myself to believe anything that comes out of any papee's mouth,
is when anyone can show me a pig and an elephant up on a durian tree playing chinese chess.......

elephant playing elephant chess?

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
elephant playing elephant chess?

助李为孽, 其后人将世世为奴,代代为娼!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very soon teachers, educators and social workers are considered low-skilled workers. .

I won't be surprised. I remember sometime in the 1970s or 80s, when SIA pilots demanded more pay and wanted to strike, LKY went on TV and threatened to close down SIA and start new airline employing pilots who weren't involved in the industrial dispute. He also derided the pilots saying they were only 'O' level holders.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
singapore - deputy prime minister teo chee hean on friday issued a corrigendum to the population white paper in parliament to delete a segment of a footnote that classified nursing as a low-skilled job.

Mr teo said, in the notice of corrigendum, that he intends to delete the part of footnote 12 on page 40 of the white paper, which said: "certain low-skilled jobs like personal services, retail, and nursing are hard to offshore. They will still be needed even as the economy upgrades."

"this classification of low-skilled jobs is not correct. I would like to apologise to those whose professions have been unintentionally misrepresented," said mr teo.

He said he was alerted to the matter by "our friends in the nursing profession and unions".

Adding that he has the "greatest respect" for the nursing profession, the dpm said it is a "noble and caring profession, which all of us and our loved ones depend on and appreciate".

- today/ir

lol ........

Slayer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP lets in hundreds of doctors from India ...these doctors are cheap; they can do more and yet they earn only $3-4k. So, salaries of nurses must be kept low. Why doesn't the government dare to keep the salaries of local doctors low?

Cheap docs = cheap, poor service?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure that's how TCH truly feels abt nursing...to TCH, nursing is low skill and done by scums

Evidently. If the mentality was not there, it could have been caught out from first reading and many people have vetted it. How could it get away? It is truly sad.