• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which son of LHY argued with LKY till late at night?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The mentioning of LSW by daddy LHY is a political and tactical move and that there is competition to the future throne.

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mentioning of LSW by daddy LHY is a political and tactical move and that there is competition to the future throne.

Lhy is trying hard to promote lsw to everyone.
Lhy is not happy that attention is on lhl son instead of his.lee wei ling may be the glue to gel family.
Lhy never mention ho ching.
Lky family is breaking .

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lhy is trying hard to promote lsw to everyone.
Lhy is not happy that attention is on lhl son instead of his.lee wei ling may be the glue to gel family.
Lhy never mention ho ching.
Lky family is breaking .

Well, from what is shown briefly, LSW has the oratorical and academic abilities and to cross swords with LKY late into the night and made public surely is a political and tactical move, especially to the world audience during the funeral. It is meant to announce to the world something.

I find the whole arrangement of the eulogies rather awkward. There is no need for LHY to speak and when he speak, he is not speaking on behalf of himself but according to LHL, LHY is to speak on behalf of the Lee family but what ended up was LHY keeps speaking about his family's contribution when LHL lost his first wife and then he tactical weave in LSW's sparring with grandpa LKY.

Yeah, you're right.....family possibly is breaking apart, I believe, but let's see......the truth will unravel in due time.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like there's going to be confusion over whether LHY = Lee Hsien Yang (born 1957) or Li Hongyi (born 1987)! :biggrin:

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, from what is shown briefly, LSW has the oratorical and academic abilities and to cross swords with LKY late into the night and made public surely is a political and tactical move, especially to the world audience during the funeral. It is meant to announce to the world something.

I find the whole arrangement of the eulogies rather awkward. There is no need for LHY to speak and when he speak, he is not speaking on behalf of himself but according to LHL, LHY is to speak on behalf of the Lee family but what ended up was LHY keeps speaking about his family's contribution when LHL lost his first wife and then he tactical weave in LSW's sparring with grandpa LKY.

Yeah, you're right.....family possibly is breaking apart, I believe, but let's see......the truth will unravel in due time.

Have you met Shengwu personally? He has debated about democracy and authoritarianism

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you met Shengwu personally? He has debated about democracy and authoritarianism

We cannot base on a person's debating and oratorical skills to judge him on key issues and his vision and ability to execute policies well. Just think Vivian Bala, he was a top debater and so is Walter Woon and this woman top debater who was a DPP, can't remember her name.

I find Kenneth Jeya's analysis of issues and policies much more cogent and incisive, but if he speaks, he digs himself a hole and then there is presentation, which he seems to lack, but I'm sure he will be a great statesman if given the opportunity.

I make no bones about it. I said it without any compunction. If Leongsam and his merry gang of moderators were to perish in a jumbo jet crash, this heroes from the marshes forum will dis-integrate. So, the only way for everyone is up. Tighter, for if we unwind this, it will not be soft padi fields to fall on, but hard concrete and it will be kapult!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
We cannot base on a person's debating and oratorical skills to judge him on key issues and his vision and ability to execute policies well. Just think Vivian Bala, he was a top debater and so is Walter Woon and this woman top debater who was a DPP, can't remember her name.

I find Kenneth Jeya's analysis of issues and policies much more cogent and incisive, but if he speaks, he digs himself a hole and then there is presentation, which he seems to lack, but I'm sure he will be a great statesman if given the opportunity.

I make no bones about it. I said it without any compunction. If Leongsam and his merry gang of moderators were to perish in a jumbo jet crash, this heroes from the marshes forum will dis-integrate. So, the only way for everyone is up. Tighter, for if we unwind this, it will not be soft padi fields to fall on, but hard concrete and it will be kapult!

I will just say Shengwu is not your PAP MP and will never be.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eleanor Wong.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With a first class honours in PPE from Oxford, he is more equipped than many others.

For those with a perceptive mind, watch LSW's eulogy and then listen to it without looking at the video and then read the transcript.

Then tell me if this is not a political rally cry.....this LSW is priming for political office, if the circumstances are in favor.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those with a perceptive mind, watch LSW's eulogy and then listen to it without looking at the video and then read the transcript.

Then tell me if this is not a political rally cry.....this LSW is priming for political office, if the circumstances are in favor.

it's not dummy. Clearly Hongyi's is.