• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which Rubber Is The Best - how to choose a good and suitable rubber

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you all for your thoughts. I welcome more input.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For regular commuter road driving, any of the big name brands will be good, they all have to meet standards that are far above standards met by everyday drivers. I have used Yokohamas, Dunlops, Bridgestones, and honestly, can't feel any difference. Mainly because I am unable to drive to conditions that push the tyres to their limits. Just ensure they are in good condition.

Cheers!

One thing for sure I have no idea now to read the specs:.................

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
[video=youtube_share;Nyjga0q9VhI]http://youtu.be/Nyjga0q9VhI[/video]

Haven't tried this one before so can't comment.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
[video=youtube_share;lqghIa1Ed7o]http://youtu.be/lqghIa1Ed7o[/video]

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
1zvbzp2.png

No horse run. But raw still the best. Like eating sashimi :biggrin:

raw can go wrong sometimes

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Haven't tried this one before so can't comment.

In the Michelin product lineup Energy group if tyres belong to the normal range and hence priced most affordable due to this it goes not come in sizes above 16" I believe.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my favorite is the continental extremecontact dws. dws stands for dry, wet, and snow.

http://tires.top5.com/best-tires-for-rain/

no. 2 on the depth chart. the michelin pilot sport is da bestest.

i have continental on my sports coupe and michelin on my luxury sedan. my next vehicle will be the tesla model x. :biggrin:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you and that's a very unbiased comment above, I like it.

Maybe you should get 2 sets of tires. One for the wet season & one for the dry season. That's what they do in Canada, except it is winter tires & one for the snowless seasons.?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe you should get 2 sets of tires. One for the wet season & one for the dry season. That's what they do in Canada, except it is winter tires & one for the snowless seasons.?

thighland is very different from canada. in the tropics, you can have rain for one hour and sunny dry weather the next hour. no point changing tires like changing underwear. whether it's the monsoon or drought, it's always wise to have newer tires with adequate treads. even with new tires, regular rotation is necessary to ensure tire wear is not extreme or unbalanced on an edge. the reason i'm using dws tires is because in northern california during winter, i can encounter snow in the mountains, rain and wetness along hilly roads, and dryness closer to the bay, all on the same day. seasonal changes are not as drastic as in canada, and thus there's no need to keep 2 sets. for the tropics, i'll recommend tires that can handle rain all year.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Ontario, I used all season tyres, I remember then to be Uniroyal, and so do many other people. No complains. The problem with switching between snow tyres and summer tyres is storage. You'll have to allocate considerable space to stash aside four hulking pieces of rubbers for 3~5 months, and when it comes time to refit them onto the vehicle, haul them to the tyre shop to get them fixed again, and haul the "other set" back to the garage/basement to be stored. Kind of bothersome. There are some people who say that snow tyres do not work well on paved roads and dry tyres do not work well in the snow, and that all seasons suck in both, I do not have that problem. Just drive sensibly and one will be ok.

Cheers!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
People live with normal tires no problem but I do drive fast even in wet weather on this sports sedan so I need a set of better performance tires. In Thailand on highways even trucks go at 120km/h so its not uncommon for cars to go even faster even though speed limit is 120. Now rain is a real issue here not just rain but puddles of water after rain is very common. Unlike in Singapore Continental is not very common here and I've asked for ContiSportContact before and the range in size is just so limited.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
People live with normal tires no problem but I do drive fast even in wet weather on this sports sedan so I need a set of better performance tires. In Thailand on highways even trucks go at 120km/h so its not uncommon for cars to go even faster even though speed limit is 120. Now rain is a real issue here not just rain but puddles of water after rain is very common. Unlike in Singapore Continental is not very common here and I've asked for ContiSportContact before and the range in size is just so limited.

Joe. The most important thing is to change the tyres often. Nothing beats a new set. Don't use tyres till they're 80% worn. I change mine at about 50% wear which means every 30,000 km or so or less depending on your driving style.

Trying to squeeze all the legal life out of tyres is not worth the savings. Your life and that of your loved ones depends on 4 rubber contact points.

I would never do 120kph on a set of tyres with only a couple of mm of tread left. It's suicidal in the wet.