• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which Job You Are Applying For?

New Dawn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading this post, I see xizor2000�s point. This is the analogy that was used:
But in the case of our opposition parties now, it is more like that of a fresh graduate looking for a job and with nothing much to show except for his FYP (Final Year Projects) or internships. For one to argue that the opposition has nothing to show and thus shouldn�t be allowed into parliament would be equal to the argument that no fresh graduate should ever be given a job for his lack of experience, or having no clue on how he should be doing his job! The fact that both Potong Pasir and Hougang have taken that step to vote in Chiam See Tong and Low Thia Khiang respectively, would say a lot about what they think a people - gahmen relationship should be.
I appreciate his point that just because an individual doesn�t have prior experience in a job (or any job for that matter) doesn�t mean he or she shouldn�t be given a chance to do a job. Like I said in my earlier post, there are a lot of markers to see if a person might be suitable for the job. In this case, to use the analogy that xizor2000 offered, the potential employer can look at the fresh grad�s FYP, internships, resume and grades as an indicator of suitability for a job.
The key thing to note of course is that the fresh grad would most probably be offered an entry level position within the organization. In this case, being a member of Parliament would be the entry level position as opposed to the more senior positions of running a government and being a minister.
Cont...
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sunkopitiam/messages?msg=53.1

Last edited: