• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

which brand tyre better???

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My tires good? :biggrin:

oUwMtqa.jpg

this type too sporty liao. no ride comfort.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS - I am a novice in this field. But try the tire shop at Lavendar/Jln Besar junction. Open till 3am. Decent prices, won't kena chop head. Indian guy runs the place. Speaks Hokkien.
Just changed mine there recently. How big is your tire?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless you drive a supercar.....choice of tyres hardly matters. Any branded ones will suffice.
Back then I used to go to malaysia to buy 2nd hand racing tyres....those discarded by after races....hardly worn and at fraction of its original price.....comes with racing rims too

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS - I am a novice in this field. But try the tire shop at Lavendar/Jln Besar junction. Open till 3am. Decent prices, won't kena chop head. Indian guy runs the place. Speaks Hokkien.

Bro, I thought this one had closed. Has it re-opened under new ownership?

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Uncle GD, is this the one facing the Eminent Plaza?

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Michelin XM2 or Bridgestone GR90 or Continental CC5 are all pretty good.

i would choose michelin cos i'm a michelin fanboy having tried PS, PS2, PS3 and PSS. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle GD, is this the one facing the Eminent Plaza?

Yes boss. There is also another 3-4 doors away but quite expensive. The one I refer to, I think yellow signboard. Even AA personnel recommended me this place when my tire was punctured. Avoid the one that is along Balestier Rd. Chop head shop.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've used Continental, Yokohama Aspect DB, Uniroyal and yes Michelin. Michelins can make even an old car give a quiet ride but it they are too costly. Uniroyal was great for puddles - went through them like they weren't there, even deep ones, but very noisy. The other two are also good performers.

The funny thing is I just changed my tyres and I can't remember the brand. Solace or something like that.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The funny thing is I just changed my tyres and I can't remember the brand. Solace or something like that.

You are not alone bro. I changed my back tires recently and also don't recall the brand. Only know it costs me $420 for one tire. Could be Toyo.