• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which air purifer is good

MajullahSingapura

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nice and cool!!! upz you.

Thanks tonychat.

blueair is swedish...theu dun change their model sizes like sharp do...so you wont have to worry about not being able to get the hepa filter in future. Sharp has too many models...i am sure you wont be able to get the same hepa filter when they stop production of the model...u then end up with a white elephant at home.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best air filter is to live in angmo countries which respect the environment. How can man made things be better than God made fresh air?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally using honeywell, dont know about the others, but it sucks up ALOT of particles. When open the filter after using for 3 months, it is like the vacuum cleaner bag, all grey and dusty with hair and my dog's fur.

MajullahSingapura

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally using honeywell, dont know about the others, but it sucks up ALOT of particles. When open the filter after using for 3 months, it is like the vacuum cleaner bag, all grey and dusty with hair and my dog's fur.

Yep...honeywell is still the best. They used it in hospital operating theatres too....but it is far too noisy for the bedroom...so i go for blueair in bedroom and honeywell for the living room.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
honeywell no horse run. their fire alarm panel is 1 of the best in the world.
their aerospace no horse run.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy one that states clearly the number of air change per hour for a given room area. And one that need replacement of filters. Fixed filters are no good.

Also the power usage in watts.

it is always good to be prepared.. all the while, i hack care..now then make effort to buy it.

i will pre-order blueair air purifier..

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.....Sharp depends...if u have asthma...the ions will kill u...

.....if you are asthmatic, you should not use any at all...

Buy one with true Hepa filter eg Sharp, Honeywell.
Honeywell noisy and the fans and air vents accumulate dust and difficult to clean.

Sharp air filter quieter but many worry about side effects of ioniser.

What I do is to clean the room before sleeping for 1/2 hour with ioniser on and switch off ioniser when sleeping( Hepa filter still cleaning the air)
-so buy a model where you can switch ioniser off and on.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Buy one that states clearly the number of air change per hour for a given room area. And one that need replacement of filters. Fixed filters are no good.

Also the power usage in watts.

Yup. Blueair states that. And all that u ask for.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont bother... nothing is gg to get the stench off you. that's why anton casey hv to run road far far.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
go get a bra, fold one cup onto another, strap it over your mouth...better than any HEPA you can find.