• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to go for Bakutay?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember, when I was about 15.. I tried my first BKT.. and the soup was dark and the taste was so good, I vowed to eat it every week. I did for 3 months.. until the stall closed and moved away.. now.. I can't find it anymore.. most bkt nowadays are clear.. not the dark awesome one that I had in my teens.

You'll need to go to Malaysia for that kind of Bak Kut Tay.

KL or Klang valley region has lots of them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buy Song Fa

I normally get the ILC brand available from NTUC which is selling for $6 for a few packets. I visited the Song Fa site & saw that their spices cost
$22 per box.

Any one know if the more expensive ingredient is worth it:confused: Or is the taste due more to the skill of the cook?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I remember, when I was about 15.. I tried my first BKT.. and the soup was dark and the taste was so good, I vowed to eat it every week. I did for 3 months.. until the stall closed and moved away.. now.. I can't find it anymore.. most bkt nowadays are clear.. not the dark awesome one that I had in my teens.

There's one at Marsiling Blk 16,avoid going at lunch time.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too prefer the dark type. The black sauce and cut red chilli must also kick in. Used to patronise the Alexandra Village stall at the hawker centre facing the motor vehicle repair shops.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks laksaboy and Jlokta for the info, will scout Marsling for it
Dear scroobal, I had the bkt at Alexandra village too.. but find their standard has dropped. immensely since 8 years back.
It tastes much bland the last time I went.. and that was 4months ago.