• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Where to find this kind of woman officer in the SAF?

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
1879687629113341_8026959408505257605_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Famous women who served in the military​

na_6579abf4a12f7.jpg

From discipline to teamwork, and resilience, the lessons learned in the Armed Forces often stay for life. And many women did learn these and many other lessons while serving their country, and later became famous in other areas of their lives.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03f2896c8.jpg

Harriet Tubman -

The American abolitionist and social activist fought during the Civil War. Harriet Tubman managed to free numerous slaves from plantations at the service of the Union Army.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03f2e6bd4.jpg

Harriet Tubman -

Tubman later became a spy and worked as a recruiter for the Union Army. Late in life, she went on to promote the cause of women's suffrage.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03be3bd45.jpg

Sunny Anderson -

The Food Network personality, best known for shows such as 'The Kitchen,' 'Cooking for Real,' and 'Home Made in America,' also served in the Air Force.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c1cdfcedf5.jpg

Sunny Anderson -

Anderson enlisted in the Air Force and worked as a radio broadcaster and journalist, stationed in both Seoul, South Korea, and in San Antonio, Texas.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03baa406c.jpg

Sunny Anderson -

"I knew that there were radio stations, television stations, newspapers, and magazines, for the military, by the military, and I wanted to be a part of that," she said.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03ecc816d.jpg

Bea Arthur -

The actress is best known for playing Dorothy Zbornak in the sitcom 'The Golden Girls,' but Arthur was actually a Marine from 1943 until 1945.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c0c29e1368.jpg

Bea Arthur -

When Bea Arthur was 21 she joined the Marine Corps Women’s Reserve. She worked her way through the ranks, from typist and truck driver to staff sergeant. Pictured is her 1943 Marines ID card photo.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03f0ce678.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II -

When the then-Princess Elizabeth turned 18 in 1944, she joined the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) in England.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03ee1cedc.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II -

The late Queen—or Second Subaltern Elizabeth Windsor, as she was initially known as in the ATS—drove military trucks and worked as a mechanic. By the end of the war, she had reached the rank of Junior Commander.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03b1c64d2.jpg

Ruth Westheimer -

Ruth Westheimer, aka Dr. Ruth, is a Holocaust survivor. After the end of World War II, she moved to the territory that later became known as Israel, where she trained as a sniper.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03b4e4747.jpg

Ruth Westheimer -

"I have no idea what the experience would be, if I had to show it. But I was a very good sniper," said the famous sex therapist in an interview.

jw5

Loyal
na_641c03ee635c9.jpg

Eileen Collins -

In 1995, Eileen Collins made history by becoming NASA's first woman to pilot the Space Shuttle and the first female Shuttle commander.