• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where the Malays come from historically?

liongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Out of Africa theory, depicted in a migration map of the human race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_African_origin_of_modern_humans

350px-Map-of-human-migrations.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
even from africa, there were two waves.
The first ones are the guys with frizzle hairs, like the orang asli, the papuans and aborigines.
the second wave came much later. But despite genetical evidence, some chinese historians still believe they have evolved independently after they discovere the "peking man".

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) actually, since when was taiwan part of china?
when the europeans landed there 500 odd years ago, the islands were inhabited by alisan, supposedly the people the malays and polynesians originated from.

The europeans had to import chinese labour because the alisan were not the work disciplined types, sounds familair?

2) Most south east asian have the same cultural tread. the bow before passing in front of someone, never point with their fingers, using the thumbs instead, never raise their feet in front of people etc.... only difference is their language and religion. So i can only conclude that most south east asian came from the same region in southern china. they were probably chased out of their areas by the monggols or famine.

You sure taiwan never been part of china in the entire history of china? The only reason why you are so despo to say something like that so that you can claim your kind did not originate from china. Sad to say not only taiwan but yunan is also one of the regions malays originate from.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Filipinos Are Malays

Ok, for those who really want to know, just google for the details.

The Malay ancient heritage is rooted in Yunnan. There is an exodus of the Miao and Minan tribes from Yunnan, and parts of southern Sichuan to Taiwan. The Malays of Indonesia and Malaysia and Sinkapore are from Taiwan, and there was another exodus of the Miao and Minan tribes to Thailand, Cambodia, Burma, Vietnam.

But the Malays here are from Taiwan. That's why they both look so similar and speaks similar too.

Filipinos are Malays. The ancient Malays were seafaring people like the Austro-Polynesians. Not a very smart people. They have bigger and flatter noses, dark skinned.

Chinese are different. O haplogroup genes more than C and D types. C and D were displaced to the south, away from China.

Some Sinkies are like that but not as dark as the Malays. The southerner's genes came mainly from the women in the south like Fujian, Guangzhou, Guangxi and Yunnan. Rice cultivating people ? Koreans, Japanese and Southerners eat rice more than their northern counterparts.

How true is Haplogrouping ? So far, that was a theory recommended. DNAs cannot come from Evolution.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Filipinos Are Malays

Filipinos are Malays. The ancient Malays were seafaring people like the Austro-Polynesians. Not a very smart people. They have bigger and flatter noses, dark skinned.

Chinese are different. O haplogroup genes more than C and D types. C and D were displaced to the south, away from China.

Some Sinkies are like that but not as dark as the Malays. The southerner's genes came mainly from the women in the south like Fujian, Guangzhou, Guangxi and Yunnan. Rice cultivating people ? Koreans, Japanese and Southerners eat rice more than their northern counterparts.

How true is Haplogrouping ? So far, that was a theory recommended. DNAs cannot come from Evolution.

If you check out wiki on the malays they have classified ancient malays as proto malays and the 2nd group as deurto malays. The modern malays of today don't belong to those 2 groups because they are the ancestors of malays. You are also correct on the ancestors of malays not being very intelligent. The modern malays are mostly not pure breed but mixed with many races. I know of one malay that even has burmese blood in him. It's really very common for malays to have european blood in them.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you check out wiki on the malays they have classified ancient malays as proto malays and the 2nd group as deurto malays. The modern malays of today don't belong to those 2 groups because they are the ancestors of malays. You are also correct on the ancestors of malays not being very intelligent. The modern malays are mostly not pure breed but mixed with many races. I know of one malay that even has burmese blood in him. It's really very common for malays to have european blood in them.

You are right. Quite mixed. The junction boxes like Yunnan, India and Egypt all very very mixed. People come and go.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are right. Quite mixed. The junction boxes like Yunnan, India and Egypt all very very mixed. People come and go.

Agree,

Some malayu girls mixed until very unique and exquisite, macham like a young yvonne elliman binya ....:p

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

While the chinese were mostly mixed with similar races as them. That is the various tribes in the history of china the han, manchurians and so on more or less look similar therefore even though the modern chinese of today aren't pure but should have a fair amount of admixture in them physically they still have that "chinese" look. Manchurians for example aren't chinese but look chinese. If they mix with a han chinese their off spring will still look chinese.

The malays have mixed with other races that look physically different from them. Islam has also allowed them to mix without prejudice with the arabs and indian muslims for eg. Many singaporeans that don't fall into the 3 major races like north indians take up malay language as a mother tongue because it's the easiest language to read and write. Therefore many north indians for eg take up malay and they get absorbed into the malay culture i suppose. Some ppl mistake these north indians and mixed race indians as pure malays when they obviously are not.

UncleTOBY

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sure taiwan never been part of china in the entire history of china? The only reason why you are so despo to say something like that so that you can claim your kind did not originate from china. Sad to say not only taiwan but yunan is also one of the regions malays originate from.

It seems the DNA is the same for those in Taiwan and in China. I've read it somewhere and there is even a documentary on Discovery.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree,

Some malayu girls mixed until very unique and exquisite, macham like a young yvonne elliman binya ....:p

I have seen some malay gals but mostly javanese that are very fair like chinese girls but when i asked them if they have chinese in their family line they say no. Either they don't know or don't want to admit it.

I have also noticed 2 different kinds of malays. Those that are pretty dark and look primitive and those that don't but consider themselves pure malay. Have to go find some pics.

UncleTOBY

Alfrescian
Loyal

when I took the train from Butterworth to Bangkok, I crossed the two countries, with one side Muslim Malays and the other, the Malays go to Buddhist temples.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anybody who speaks and practice Malay culture are considered Malay in Malaysia.

You sure about that? I remember you also need to be muslim to be considered bumi so if a malay isn't a muslim he isn't actually considered malay i think Unless you don't mean bumi.

DelphiGOD

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here, are we defining Malays as a race or Malay as a group of people who believe in Islam?
Quite a bit of Malays married Arabs and so the genetics are diffused somewhat.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i saw the timeline and the ming dynasty ruled taiwan in the 1600s.

Yes.

But before 1600's only the aborigines lived in Taiwan. Unfortunately, like many aboriginal tribes, they d not have a written law and they have no idea that land can be owned by individuals. When Europeans ruled Taiwan, they had only the aborigines to deal with. They were on the islands 8000 years before invaded by the chinese during the Ming Dynasty.

So best the Chinese return the islands back to the original people.

Do you know that until recently, the native people of taiwan were forced to use only mandarin names?